Favourite film costumes

Redwall

Speaking of Stargate... Summit/Last Stand was on today... Osiris's costume is awesome.

The Stargate movie's Jaffa costumes are cool too.

A

Aussie Jones

Canyon said:
Okay folks, what do you consider to be your favourite film costumes?

Well, I'm sorry to be biased but for me, I have to put Indy at the top. I also like Aragorn and Frodo's costumes from Lord of the Rings, and quite like Maximus' outfits from Gladiator and not just because of Russell Crowe's thighs! ;)

Good question Canyon. I always like films where the main character wears a distinctive uniform. These are my favs in order:

Indy
Mola Ram
Darth Vader
Charile Chaplins Little Tramp
James Bond

Katarn07

Indiana Jones
Boba Fett
Captain Jack Sparrow

They're the coolest of the cool original designs I've seen in movies.

Starchaeologist

Mad Max as seen in Mad Max II / Road Warrior - Made leather seem like a good fashion choice!

Rick Deckard in Blade Runner - I know detective are supposed to "dress kinda square," but wow! Gave me a lifelong love of mismatching patterns.

The "Droog" costumes of Alex's gang - Just the right amount of theatrical flair to make it menacing.

I

Indy's_main_man

predator costume

Robin Williams (literally) smoking jacket from Toys

Indyologist

Aren't you guys forgetting these girls?

Princess Leia
Leia010.jpg

Barbarella #1
Barbarella23.jpg

Barbarella #2
Barbarella19.jpg

Barb Wire
bw2.jpg

---------------------------------------------
My favorite movie costumes:

* Indy and Marion's outfits in Raiders
* Anything Scarlett O'Hara wore in Gone with the Wind
* All Elizabeth Taylor's costume changes in "Cleopatra."
* The cosumes of the Cowardly Lion, the Tinman, the Scarecrow and Glinda from the Wizard of Oz. Ingenious and beautiful costumes.
* Mermaid costume worn by "Lenore" in "The Mermaid and Mr. Peabody." Very realistic mermaid costume.
* The Muppets. Maybe they aren't "costumes" per se, but the designs of the Muppets are brilliant and hilarious.
* The costumes in "Ziegfield's Follies" I just love Vegas show-type costumes.
* Costumes from "Hello, Dolly"

And this is one of my FAVORITE costumes of all...

morticia5.jpg

Last edited:

maquino

Steamed Glasses

Indyologist said:
Aren't you guys forgetting these girls?

Leia's brass bikini always seemed a bit incongruous - perhaps the result of CF going to Lucas and saying, "May I please wear something other than a white sack or combat fatigues in the last film?" :)

I recently learned that Jane Fonda turned down the lead in Rosemary's Baby in order to play Barbarella. When she came to Fort Bragg for an antiwar rally awhile later, she got an audience of Barbarella wolves. :)

On the other hand, I don't think that Barbarella would have been quite the same with Mia Farrow in the lead. :p

Michael Aquino

Joe Brody

Re: Steamed Glasses

maquino said:
On the other hand, I don't think that Barbarella would have been quite the same with Mia Farrow in the lead. :p

Neat trivia. Then I guess the only question then would be whether Sinatra would have divorced Farrow had she been Barbarella?