Why was KOTCS made?

snake_surprise

Forbidden Eye said:
I never personally called you a troll or was in anyway referring directly to you. I quoted you just to say I found those trolls amusing more than you found apologists amusing. That's it.

I do love how you try to turn it around on me and color yourself as being a poor little victim all because you're getting attacked for not liking a movie when you attacked all Indy fans who liked Indy 4 by questioning if they actually saw the movie.

You don't have to like KOTCS, but the fact you think anyone is foolish for liking even liking an an aspect of it is what's piteously ridiculous.
This doesn't really make any sense.

IndyFan89

Blade said:
What was the point of making this film?

Lucas and he who was previously known as an acclaimed Director, made Last Crusade because they didn't like Temple of Naff and wanted to put the franchise back on track.

Now 20 years later they make a film that is actualy worse than Temple of Doom.

What was the point?

When I heard they were bringing Indy back I assumed they must have got a great script and a great concept to even beat Last Crusade and rival Raiders. Stupidly I should have realised that they all wanted a big pay day instead after witnessing this massive turkey.

They should have left Indy alone.

Good point.

I still think it would have been better (even with aliens and all) if Indy had of shot someone or shoved a bad guys head into the tree cutter, and Mutt didn't swing like Tarzan (I can deal with the fridge), or the movie was ACTUALLY ABOUT INDIANA JONES AND NOT MUTT!!!!

Lucas said at one point that he wanted to make a film where Indy took the back seat but....that was KOCS.

snake_surprise

IndyFan89 said:
I still think it would have been better (even with aliens and all) if Indy had of shot someone or shoved a bad guys head into the tree cutter, and Mutt didn't swing like Tarzan (I can deal with the fridge), or the movie was ACTUALLY ABOUT INDIANA JONES AND NOT MUTT!!!!
Bingo.

I could list several issues with the films, but the MAIN issue I had with this one is that Indy doesn't really rescue people, solve booby traps, save the day...Mutt does the main saving, and John Hurt does the puzzle solving. The whole time Harrison has a goofy grin, goes along for the ride, and complains about Mutt and his schooling...he was reduced to a PEDESTRIAN in this movie, not the HERO. Such a shame.

indyrcks

I know it drives me mad when people post negative comments like come on people it's Harrison Ford what more do you want like a big spectular movie.

indyrcks said:
I know it drives me mad when people post negative comments like come on people it's Harrison Ford what more do you want like a big spectular movie.

Jeeeeesus Christ. You are so ****ing dense. Or no.... just utterly void, I suppose. So much nothing in that head of yours.

QBComics

Indy Croft said:
it was a box office sucess and Indy's back what more do you want?

It's not just that. The people who found the movie dissapointing, wanted a Raiders. Ya know, what they were promised?

I knew it wouldn't be a Raiders, but I still loved all in all.

snake_surprise

Indy Croft said:
it was a box office sucess and Indy's back what more do you want?
You need to go back and re-read my other posts. Or read them for the first time, whichever.

QBComics said:
It's not just that. The people who found the movie dissapointing, wanted a Raiders. Ya know, what they were promised?

I knew it wouldn't be a Raiders, but I still loved all in all.
How can you speak for 'the people' who found it disappointing, if you were ok with it? I didn't want another Raiders...that would be impossible.

I wanted Indiana Jones to be Indiana Jones.
I wanted conflict, cause/effect, dynamic story, etc...this movie was none of that.

This movie was Lucas doing his midicholorians with his terrible story antics, Spielberg going through the motions, and Harrison playing dress up with a stupid grin on his face for 2 hours.

indyrcks

well they should make a fifth Indy film. Why not get Mutt and Indy go look for the fountain of eternity or maybe get a really good artefact that Indy can look for what do you think because it could they could back to the way the previous three were.

Indy Croft

true, they should make a 5th film indy's advernture sohuld never end if he dies, next generation should continue (nex gen is Mutt of course)