New Acquisitions!!

Lambonius

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well I'll be damned all these years I thought he said " The posion was faster than Jones" It is kind of hard to understand him because he laughs right as he is saying it.

For the record, I've always heard it that way, too, although the other way makes more sense... :)

snake_surprise

Picked up TOD Indy today.

While I was kinda sad about not getting the rest of the wave, it is good to see that they are around my area.

This Indy is easily the best yet.

San Holo

snake_surprise said:
Picked up TOD Indy today.

While I was kinda sad about not getting the rest of the wave, it is good to see that they are around my area.

This Indy is easily the best yet.
Where did ya find him?

Yay!!! I got an email from EE that both of my TOD cases have shipped. They're still listed as coming soon on the site but they have them. Good luck!!!!

monkey man

ToysRUs has the Akator Playset on sale starting tomorrow. $33.99. I just got them to refund the extra $6.00 on my card. I paid $39.99. Save your receipts.
The Jungle Cutter Exclusive set is now $34.99. Still not low enough for me yet. Just a heads up.

Billy Ray

monkey man said:
ToysRUs has the Akator Playset on sale starting tomorrow. $33.99. I just got them to refund the extra $6.00 on my card. I paid $39.99. Save your receipts.
The Jungle Cutter Exclusive set is now $34.99. Still not low enough for me yet. Just a heads up.

That's good news, I still haven't gotten arond to picking it up and was planning on doing so this week. Hope they still have some:rolleyes:

Dr.Sartorius

My local Target's Indy toys are a complete joke. They have about 10 jacketless Mutts, two Sallahs, and two Cairo swordsmen. And they have two Indy w/ Arks. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: And that's all they've had for months. Same thing with Toys R Us. Pathetic . :mad:

Lambonius

Went to my local Target earlier this afternoon for something non-toy-related, and upon checking the toy aisle on my way out, was pleased to see that they had restocked the Indy Battle Packs. I picked up the last two I needed, Cairo Ambush and Jungle Chase, both of which had decent paint apps on most of the included figures, including the best-painted Spalko I've yet seen in the whole run of the line. I'm still planning on unpacking them and doing repaints on several of the figures for practice, but even as is, they sure do look nice on my shelves. :)

Also, last night I went out to visit some friends, and one of them gave me a little Shiva Lingham stone that she got from a New Age store. She said it reminded her of the stones from Temple of Doom, and that she thought of me when she saw it. I looked it over, and damned if it isn't rather similar, though naturally, much smaller. In the movie, the village shaman does refer to the stone as Shiva Lingham, which means Shiva's *****, and is a symbol of natural energy and spiritual balance. Not exactly Indy-related, but kind of cool nonetheless. I'll be keeping it with my other Indy stuff, anyway. :)

Here's a little pic:

shivalinga.jpg

EDIT: So apparently p3nis is a swear word now?? That's kind of lame. Even children know what *****es are.

thelaw

Finally got my ToD figs. Oh. My. GOD!!!! Why couldn't they have been like this from the beginning?! These figures are unbelievable! I want a ToD Indy head to replace Every Single Indy head I have! And Mola Ram is EASILY the best figure I've ever seen from Hasbro. Amazing likeness, beautiful paintjob, and FINALLY, a main character figure that can represent all the costume changes in a movie with JUST. ONE. FIGURE!

Just phenomenal.

Lambonius

Went to Blockbuster last night to rent some movies and found a ton of IJ stuff on clearance. I was pissed that they didn't have any T-shirts left in my size (they had like 5 XXLs and several Youth smalls--curses to all the other Adult Mediums that beat me to them!! :p ) Anyway, I DID pick up the set of 4 movie poster beer glasses marked down to $6.99. They are pretty nice. I came home and immediately christened the Last Crusade glass with a Sam Adams. It ruled. (y)

Billy Ray

thelaw said:
Finally got my ToD figs. Oh. My. GOD!!!! Why couldn't they have been like this from the beginning?! These figures are unbelievable! I want a ToD Indy head to replace Every Single Indy head I have! And Mola Ram is EASILY the best figure I've ever seen from Hasbro. Amazing likeness, beautiful paintjob, and FINALLY, a main character figure that can represent all the costume changes in a movie with JUST. ONE. FIGURE!

Just phenomenal.

Couldn't agree with you more! This wave made me happy and sad at the same time...happy that they had acheived such a level of greatness and sad that this is probably our last wave (at least for a long time).