Consider this plan to get ToD figs at normal price.

snake_surprise

I recently ordered a case of the ToD figs from the Indy store. They had them in stock two nights ago and sold out in minutes. However, you can still find them at EE and so on. I know that buying a case is a bigger investment than just buying these figs individually, but you guys should seriously consider going the case route and perhaps going with the following plan:

When the case gets here I am going to take the other 6 figures (from Indy 4, etc.) back to Toys R Us and using the receipts that I have from my older purchases and getting money back on my credit card instead of store credit.

Since TRU lists their figs at $8 a pop, you are getting the most back (compared to $5.44 at WM), and ultimately will only end up paying $7-$8 at the most for your ToD figs, which is a considerable difference than what they bring on ebay. Ultimately you will pay what you would have paid for them if you found them in stores, and you will save $$$ on gas money alone.

Just think about it, I believe this could be a cost effective option, if you did save receipts. (Another option is to take them back to say, Target, for store credit, since there is always stuff to buy there in general that you need or will need.)

Lambonius

The downside is the moral dilemma of being an active contributor to the pegwarmer problem. However, at this point, I'm mostly inclined to just say "screw you!" to Hasbro and impatientient retailers. :p

snake_surprise

Great point, Lambonius, and one that I thought about initially as well.

But as you allude too, why should I have to go out of my way any more than I have because of Hasbro's horrific handling of this situation? I am tired of spending important time and gas money because a corporation cannot figure out a reasonable way to distribute their product.

Also, the peg warming dilemma would keep me from doing this if the line weren't canceled in the first place. TRU, Target, etc...are not getting any more, so if anything, another Mutt on the peg does nothing. They are all getting sent back to Hasbro perhaps for credit...so good riddance.

Agent Z said:
It's a shame that we have to even resort to such measures. :(
I completely agree. I just refuse to pay $30 a pop for this stuff. I am not an action figure collector. I just love Indy (the trilogy), plain and simple, and am scared of waiting until even the ebay figs are all gone.

Lambonius

snake_surprise said:
I completely agree. I just refuse to pay $30 a pop for this stuff. I am not an action figure collector. I just love Indy (the trilogy), plain and simple, and am scared of waiting until even the ebay figs are all gone.

I was never a toy collector either, just a rabid Indyfan. My obsession with the figures started with buying the Ark Indy deluxe pack, because I just couldn't resist. I mean, seriously! A perfect 3 3/4" replica of Indy in desert disguise with a perfect to-scale Ark! How could any Indyfan pass that up?

Of course, that just opened up the flood gates, and I'm now the proud owner of the entire line plus customs. ;) Get those TOD figs any way you can, and give Hasbro the finger while you're at it. More power to you!