Members of the Raven

qwerty

Is any of the Indy related people a member of the Raven bar?
It would be very cool if Karen Alen or Harrison Ford or any of those people would sometimes come by and chat with us.
Mods, do you have any informations about that.

An idea just came to me. Could we send personal invitations to all of them? Someone might join.

It seems to me that the people that most fan-boy message boards centre around, are the kind of people who mostly don't spend their time chatting on fan-boy message boards....

Abe Vayoda

^ I agree... however I think it would be funny/cool to send an invitation.

"You are cordially invited to the Raven Bar."

Some of the lesser known actors might actually join up. "Arab in Bar #2" might accept the invite.

Jay R. Zay

to tell the truth, we wouldn't like ford to be in here, would we? grinning in sarcasm about our discussions, would he be a valuable member in this special kind of community? i doubt it. most people already have a problem with a smartass like me. if now ford joined, really knowing everything about earlier and future indy projects, you want to tell me it won't spoil the fun about speculations? it would. at least if he'd say what he thinks. if he doesn't, he'd consider us as childish teenies who wouldn't understand the plain truth anyway.

he's the star, we're the fans. we can't be friends and i've come to find attempts to blur this line quite pathetic. from both sides. stars shouldn't convey the impression that they want to be the buddy of the fans. and the fans shouldn't bug stars with the idea that they could become friends. they are they, we are we. i don't want ford to be my friend and he doesn't want me to be his friend, either.

my humble opinion.

Doc Savage

temple of john said:
All right, all right. I guess it's time for me to introduce myself. I'm Spartacus.
Wearing a leather skirt does NOT make you Sporadicous!!

And I'm Pat Roach's stunt double...with a lot more body hair.

Doc Savage

qwerty said:
Temple someone had to say it.
I'm just glad it wasn't me.
Be thankful you don't have to deal with the mental image, either, Qwerty.

Of course, the image of a hirsute Pat Roach probably isn't too easy on the old neurons, either...

IndyBuff

Doc Savage said:
Be thankful you don't have to deal with the mental image, either, Qwerty.

Of course, the image of a hirsute Pat Roach probably isn't too easy on the old neurons, either...

I guess I'll be busy tonight trying to repress these images in my mind.;)

Ray Delark

qwerty said:
Is any of the Indy related people a member of the Raven bar?
It would be very cool if Karen Alen or Harrison Ford or any of those people would sometimes come by and chat with us.
Mods, do you have any informations about that.

An idea just came to me. Could we send personal invitations to all of them? Someone might join.

That would be very cool.