X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Deckard

x-men-origins-wolverine-20080214002.jpg

http://movies.ign.com/objects/034/034461.html

UltimateManGod

I really like it. I really hope this turns out to be good. I like the X-Men movies, and was disappointed with the third one.

Michael24

I think the movie (at least a portion of) takes place in Japan. :)

I personally didn't like the X-Men movies (didn't even bother watching the third one), but I'm hoping I'll like this one because I like Hugh Jackman and Wolverine.

Joe Brody

Jackman would rather be a dancing fool.

. . .and isn't Wolverine in a cage how we first see him in the first X-Men film?

Superhero films are going to pot. I look at Iron Man as being a rare counter-example . . . something to hold me over until Jon Favreau gets his Avengers comic made and we can get some old school Captain America.

No Ticket

He makes a PERFECT Wolverine... I'm excited about this movie, but I really just wanted to see more X-Men films. I guess three is enough though. I just love the X-Men comics/cartoon/universe.

kongisking

Gambit, Blob and Deadpool will also appear in this movie! Frickin' sweet!!! :cool:

Check at AICN.com for my proof...

Deadlock

Joe Brody said:
Jackman would rather be a dancing fool.

. . .and isn't Wolverine in a cage how we first see him in the first X-Men film?

Superhero films are going to pot. I look at Iron Man as being a rare counter-example . . . something to hold me over until Jon Favreau gets his Avengers comic made and we can get some old school Captain America.

And Downey would rather be in rehab. :p

I think superhero movies are inherantly difficult to make. Number one, much of the source material isn't that great to begin with. Number two, most comics rely upon storylines that strain credibility to its breaking point.

Rezzo

kongisking said:
Gambit, Blob and Deadpool will also appear in this movie! Frickin' sweet!!! :cool:

Check at AICN.com for my proof...

Indeed they will.

Ain´t It Cool News said:
Want To Know Who?s Making A Special Appearance In X-Men Origins: Wolverine?!

11ltsva.jpg

Sounds to me like Marvel is going to pack this one with all sorts of geeky Easter eggs if all of these rumors are true. The Blob would be a lot of fun to see in one of these, and there?s another cameo, one that we can officially confirm now, that sounds to me like a set-up for a possible spin-off.

Anyone up for a little Deadpool?

How about if Ryan Reynolds is playing him?

This one?s supposed to be a secret, but cat?s out of the bag now, Marvel. And I have to say... I think it sounds like fun. I know this has been a character you guys have been developing for years now (hell, I think I pitched a Deadpool film back in 2001), and Reynolds is absolutely the right guy for the job.

Superhero Hype said:
Taylor Kitsch is Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2wcfl9w.jpg

"Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit (AKA Remy LeBeau) in director Gavin Hood's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Kitsch has signed a three-picture deal.

He'll be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Danny Huston (William Stryker) and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) in the 20th Century Fox release, opening May 1, 2009.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, "Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Also if anyone´s interested here´s the hi-res version of the Wolverine pic.

Deckard

Gambit? Awesome, my favorite X-Man. I was hoping they'd give Gambit his own movie w/ Mr. Sinister but this will do.

Rezzo

Now this is a bit of odd casting news, WTF is Will-i-am doing in this? :confused:

Variety said:
Reynolds, Will.i.am join 'Wolverine'
Taylor Kitsch set as Gambit

11ltsva.jpg
2wcfl9w.jpg
15n0tqs.jpg

Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to ?X-Men Origins: Wolverine,? with Ryan Reynolds, ?Friday Night Lights? regular Taylor Kitsch, and hip hop artist Will.i.am joining the cast.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Sabretooth, William Stryker and Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the ?X-Men? spinoff that Gavin Hood began lensing this month in Australia. Pic bows May 1, 2009.

Rezzo

More info on who Will.i.am is playing.
IESB said:
Will.i.am joins the cast of X-Men Origins: Wolverine

15n0tqs.jpg

Confirmations and one more addition to the cast of Wolverine.

The trades have confirmed what we have been reporting for days, Ryan Reynolds, Lynn Collins and Danny Huston have joined the cast of Wolverine?but wait, there is another.

Hip hop superstar Will.i.am has also join the cast, what has not been reported is who he just might be playing. The IESB can exclusively report that he is playing John Wraith AKA Kestrel.

Not too sure who Kestrel is? Read the following from Wiki:

He was part of Team X along with Wolverine, Sabretooth, Maverick, Mastodon, and Silver Fox. Wraith was a powerful teleporter, capable of getting the team out of sticky situations after their job was finished. He had a penchant for explosives, arming himself with shaped charges. Like the other members of Team X, he was given an artificial age suppressant so he was likely much older than he looked. His time as a secret agent and a member of the Weapon X program has left John somewhat paranoid. His house is a veritable death trap, as is the yard around it - John trusts no one. This is well illustrated by his memorable introductory (?) scene: as an apparently harmless older gentleman sitting on a New York subway, he is accosted by several members of a teen gang, who threaten him. Apparently without moving, he throws something which bounces off of the chest of the gang leader. When the leader asks "What was that?" Wraith replies, deadpan, "That was a copper-jacketed .45 ACP hot-load with a depleted uranium core swimming in mercury. It leaves an exit wound the size of a deep-dish chicken pot pie, and the next one will be considerably faster." He was thereafter undisturbed.

He made a habit of keeping his skill a secret from his compatriots as well as his foes, using it only sparingly and if no one was looking directly at him -- unless it was absolutely vital. The only time when his fellow Team-X members found out about his powers was when they went up against Omega Red. John was backup on that mission that Wolverine, Maverick, and Sabretooth ran in Germany to collect a carbonadium synthesizer, and when that trio burst out of the target compound with Red in pursuit, John stalled him with his gun until the others got away. Unfazed, Omega went to wrap John up and tear him to pieces, but John teleported to safety at the last second, with only Wolverine and Omega Red seeing this. There is also a certain animosity between him and Sabretooth. He's about as violent as his fellows from the Weapon X program, but a lot more merciful and doesn't enjoy killing innocents while on a mission, which puts him at odds with people like Sabretooth. Sabretooth, once languished for quite a time in John's basement with several shaped charges strapped to his chest. Unless he had a really good reason to, Sabretooth wouldn't lift a finger to help John.

Years later, John had tracked Wolverine and the rest of his old teammates down because it seemed that there was a problem with the age suppression factors given to them by Weapon X, as one of their number, Mastodon, had suddenly aged quite rapidly and been reduced into a pile of ooze. With their help, John discovered a list of termination candidates from the Weapon X project. They recognize themselves on the list plus a man named Aldo Ferro, who they know is a big time mafia chief, Il Topo Siciliano. They track Ferro to his secluded island where they discover Maverick guarding him. Maverick soon changes sides when Ferro, a.ka. Psi-Borg, reveals that he was the one who used his psi-powers to speed the false memory implantation of the Weapon X subjects. After this fiasco, John hung out with Wolverine for a month or two, but then vanished.

Wraith was later re-recruited into Weapon X by the "Director" and his mission was to recruit Maverick as well. However, Maverick fought back and Wraith was shot and then gutted by his partner Sabretooth, for his failure.

Joe Brody

Deadlock said:
And Downey would rather be in rehab. :p

So true. He's got a great riff on image in Zodiac. I can't wait to see him as Tony Stark -- but Downey's natural physical mannerisms are a little shall-we-say light in the loafers, so I'm curious to see if he can pull of Start throughout the whole picture.

[And where are your thoughts on the trailer?]

UltimateManGod

I loved the trailer for Iron Man. I never knew didley squat about Iron Man, and never cared about him, but the trailer got me pretty excited. May should be a good month for movies. Iron Man, Prince Caspian and Indy. In addition to school ending within the first week for me.

Deadlock

Joe Brody said:
So true. He's got a great riff on image in Zodiac. I can't wait to see him as Tony Stark -- but Downey's natural physical mannerisms are a little shall-we-say light in the loafers, so I'm curious to see if he can pull of Start throughout the whole picture.

[And where are your thoughts on the trailer?]

I dug it, but mostly in a fanboy sense. ('Sides, I'm a Gwyneth Paltrow fan. ;) )

I have little hope that the film will delve into issues of transhumanism or other tough questions surrounding the melding of man and machine, but, dude...

...there might be cool explosions. :p