What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Well in all the recent pictures and appearances I've seen him in, he looks fantastic shape. And if he can play Han solo again he can play Indy once more who knows what Harry is thinking.....

Randy_Flagg

Túrin Turambar said:
if he can play Han solo again he can play Indy once more....

Indy was always a lot more active than Han. Look at ESB, for example-- Han spends the majority of that movie sitting in the Falcon's cockpit, and really doesn't have any physical action scenes. So he could do that at pretty much any age. Even in the original SW, he doesn't have THAT much action. He runs around the Death Star a bit, but that's it. In ROTJ, he has an action scene on the skiff outside Jabba's palace, and runs around Endor a bit, but it's nothing close to what Indy typically has to do.

curmudgeon

To paraphrase and warp someone else's argument... "It's almost as if there's only one narrow slice of the character that's worth exploring."

kongisking

I actually think he looks rather awful in those. I don't know if its the lighting or what. That, and I notice more loose skin on his jaw.

Gear

kongisking said:
I actually think he looks rather awful in those. I don't know if its the lighting or what. That, and I notice more loose skin on his jaw.

That seems a bit hypercritical to me.

The guy's 72 parsecs old. ;)

kongisking

Gear said:
That seems a bit hypercritical to me.

The guy's 72 parsecs old. ;)

For comparison's sake:

hr-indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-591619070.jpg

1413116537793_wps_46_Harrison_Ford_pictured_ar.jpg

kongisking

Airbrushed? He looks exactly that great in the movie itself.

Yeah, its been six years. And in those six years, Harry looks much more aged. I think he was at the absolute perfect age to be a convincing Old Indy in KOTCS. Now? I honestly think he's getting too far up. Unless if they flat-out embrace a very old, Unforgiven/Rocky Balboa-style 'one last blaze of glory' tale for Indy, I can no longer see Indy 5 being able to function like a typical Indy adventure with all the derring-do we expect intact, unless if handed off to other characters.

Silvor

I don't think it's really fair to Ford to take a professional perfectly lit and and make up applied photo of him to a paparazzi sneak photo.
Makeup and lighting really make a lot of difference.

He looks basically the same now I think, maybe a just little slimmer.
He could still easily do another Indy, I mean he's even heavily rumored to be the main focus of Star Wars EP VII.

kongisking

Silvor said:
I don't think it's really fair to Ford to take a professional perfectly lit and and make up applied photo of him to a paparazzi sneak photo.

He could still easily do another Indy, I mean he's even heavily rumored to be the main focus of Star Wars EP VII.

This was sparked by me outright saying I felt the pictures in question did not make him look too flattering, whereas others on here were heaping compliments on Harry that he still looks perfect based on those pics. I suppose it was me being overly nitpicky there, but I do think Ford's just getting too high up there. I hate to say it, I think they blew their one shot to have one more with Ford and have it seem credible. George decided to go back to pampering his first child, so... :(

Silvor said:

Well said. Well star wars 7 as almost finished shooting so I guess we will find out whether Harry will be doing Indy 5 sometime next year. His 80th year is coming. Was there any truth about Harry using Star wars as a barganing tool to get Indy 5 made..I hope so.Harry as aged well like Clint did and Connery in their 70's.