TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
Moedred
Administrator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Movie_Ride
Subtracting more Indy: Sunday is the last day to ride the Great Movie Ride. May 1 1989 - August 13 2017.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #27
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Ugh. Losing Indy aside, the Great Movie ride is sort of the lynch-pin of the feel of the whole park. I know they are making a bunch of changes, but I figured the entrance would stay pretty consistent - much as Disney's California Adventure is designed.

Is it at least safe to assume that although the ride is being axed, this new attraction is enclosed in the Chinese Theater?
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #28
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAdventurer01
Is it at least safe to assume that although the ride is being axed, this new attraction is enclosed in the Chinese Theater?

That is the plan, yes. Indeed, it sounds as though the new ride will use the same track as the old ride.

I made it there for a very quick trip about two weekends ago, see the Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy before they closed. I didn't make time for the Stunt Spectacular; one wonders if it'll still there whenever I make it back down.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 08-13-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #29
JasonMa
IndyFan

My wife was scheduled to go visit her Dad in Orlando on Tuesday. When they made the attraction closing announcements she changed her flight to last Friday. Yesterday they went to EPCOT and rode Energy, today they have FastPasses for Great Movie Ride around 7pm tonight.

She just told me that the standby line on the Movie Ride is currently 2 hours.
JasonMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #30
micsteam
IndyFan

I'm in agreement with Attila, it's my understanding that the Chinese Theatre exterior will stay the same and the new ride will be a history of Mickey Mouse. As much of a die hard fan of the Movie Ride as I am I have to say it wasn't getting the attention some of the other attractions and sections of the park was getting. I did enjoy the mild sprucing up of the ride recently by teaming up with Turner Clasic Movies (one of my favorite channels on TV/Cable), still it's sad and I couldn't make it up there to catch it before it closed !
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #31
micsteam
IndyFan

I'm sorry, I'd originally heard The Great Movie Ride was going to be turned into a history of Mickey Mouse, it's actually going to be " Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad ".
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote