IESB reveals Blanchett's role

Sankara

Great!!! And some guys here really thought there will be Shia-Adventure-Movies... :D

I guess Mac will be a great Character...

tocksic

Sankara said:
Great!!! And some guys here really thought there will be Shia-Adventure-Movies... :D

I guess Mac will be a great Character...

Maybe there ARE shia-adventure-movie-plans, but not related to the indiana jones franchise - and the rumor-mill turned it the way many people thought it's related to indy. Or at least he signed a contract for 3 movies of any kind and everybody thought it's related to indy. I don't know. But I'm pretty happy the way it turned out now. :)

Dr.Sartorius

Cate Blanchett will be playing Agent Spalko :D according to USA Today:

First look: Whip cracks over new 'Indiana Jones' movie

By Anthony Breznican, USA TODAY
Now that the poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has been revealed, some details from the super-secret plot also can be officially exposed.

Indiana Jones co-producer Frank Marshall is authorized to confirm some rumors and detail some of the story, about a quest for South American relics with supernatural powers.

When last we saw Indy, he was riding off into the sunset in 1989's The Last Crusade, set in 1938 near the start of World War II. The new movie, due this spring, is set at the height of the Cold War in 1957, so the character has aged in real time — 19 years.

"He's teaching and having kind of a quiet life," the producer says. Once the archaeologist is thrust back into danger, the signature Indiana Jones red line tracing across the map will take him to New Mexico, Connecticut, Mexico City and the jungles of Peru.

Despite all the gray-hair jokes (Harrison Ford is 65), Indy is still swinging from dangerous precipices and absorbing punches.

"Indy's a fallible character. He makes mistakes and gets hurt. He has a few more aches and pains now," Marshall says. "That's the other thing people like: He's a real character, not a character with superpowers."

The Nazis are no longer Indy's chief foe — he's racing for the Crystal Skull against operatives from the Soviet Union, including Oscar winner Cate Blanchett as the seductive Agent Spalko. "Indy always has a love-hate relationship with every woman he ever comes in contact with," Marshall says.

Ray Winstone, currently the star of Beowulf, co-stars as an unethical rival archaeologist. Transformers star Shia LaBeouf sports greaser hair and rides a motorcycle as the hero's sidekick.

The Last Crusade concluded without a cliffhanger, but Crystal Skull will revisit bits from other films, including Karen Allen's feisty Marion Ravenwood from 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The artifact of the title is inspired by real quartz sculptures of disputed origins that are carved in a way that defies the natural structure of the crystal.

"The theory is they are shaped by higher powers or alien powers or came from another world, or an ancient Mayan civilization had the powers," Marshall says.

The author mentions the poster's been revealed. I'm not sure what that means. I can't find it anywhere. Are they referring to the comic con poster? Or have they been sent the poster and are jumping the gun?

Dr.Sartorius said:
Cate Blanchett will be playing Agent Spalko :D according to USA Today:

The author mentions the poster's been revealed. I'm not sure what that means. I can't find it anywhere. Are they referring to the comic con poster? Or have they been sent the poster and are jumping the gun?

I was wondering that too...

And I hate that Marshall used the word "aliens." :(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I got an Indy poster from my Empire magazine today. Nothing special to be honest. Just the website graphic with the subtitles, "HE'S BACK!" and "MAY 2008". Maybe that is the teaser poster...

metalinvader

"He's teaching and having kind of a quiet life," the producer says. Once the archaeologist is thrust back into danger, the signature Indiana Jones red line tracing across the map will take him to New Mexico, Connecticut, Mexico City and the jungles of Peru.

This I found interesting.So does the movie start out in New Mexico?

As for the poster,I do hope he is jumping the gun and that the press didn't get a special sneak peek!

Finn

Staff member
It's weird that there's been no word whatsoever on John Hurt and his role, btw.

He must be playing someone or something who can't be talked about without revealing a major plot spoiler, I s'pose.

Maybe they're in the know and the poster will be revealed tomorrow! There's always hope. Anyway, I'm just glad that some official, solid information is flowing even if it's not the trailer.

metalinvader

The Professor said:
Maybe they're in the know and the poster will be revealed tomorrow! There's always hope. Anyway, I'm just glad that some official, solid information is flowing even if it's not the trailer.

Clairvoyance anyone?!:p

-Jones-

New Info:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=6854&count=0

"He's [Indiana Jones] teaching and having kind of a quiet life," the producer says. Once the archaeologist is thrust back into danger, the signature Indiana Jones red line tracing across the map will take him to New Mexico, Connecticut, Mexico City and the jungles of Peru.

The Nazis are no longer Indy's chief foe ? he's racing for the Crystal Skull against operatives from the Soviet Union, including Oscar winner Cate Blanchett as the seductive Agent Spalko. "Indy always has a love-hate relationship with every woman he ever comes in contact with," Marshall says.

Ray Winstone, currently the star of "Beowulf," co-stars as an unethical rival archaeologist. "Transformers" star Shia LaBeouf sports greaser hair and rides a motorcycle as the hero's sidekick.

"The Last Crusade" concluded without a cliffhanger, but "Crystal Skull" will revisit bits from other films, including Karen Allen's feisty Marion Ravenwood from 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

The artifact of the title is inspired by real quartz sculptures of disputed origins that are carved in a way that defies the natural structure of the crystal. "The theory is they are shaped by higher powers or alien powers or came from another world, or an ancient Mayan civilization had the powers," Marshall says.

First picture of Cate Blanchett in character hidden on the Making of Indy book. See the bottom right picture of the woman with the dark bob.

20071221_bg.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/films/news20071221.html