Horrible Ideas That You Could Actually See Making It Into Indy 5

Indy's brother

Indy having a dog for a sidekick....a malamute, of course. They'd both be named Indiana, and at some point in the film, someone would adress one of them as "Indiana" and they'd both look to the person speaking. As a way to re-create the "Dr. Jones?" moment in LC. This dog would have a substantial role, and a LOT of screen time. The canine would most likely do Indy's fighting for him this time instead of Mutt, and probably save the day more than once. The film would end with Indy putting his fedora on the dog's head.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Indy having a dog for a sidekick....a malamute, of course. They'd both be named Indiana, and at some point in the film, someone would adress one of them as "Indiana" and they'd both look to the person speaking. As a way to re-create the "Dr. Jones?" moment in LC. This dog would have a substantial role, and a LOT of screen time. The canine would most likely do Indy's fighting for him this time instead of Mutt, and probably save the day more than once. The film would end with Indy putting his fedora on the dog's head.

While they are all horrible ideas, nothing can be as bad as Mutt returning and eventually becoming the incarnation of Indiana Jones in successive movies.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
How about some kind of take on that Haunted Castle idea from way back when, but with Henry Sr, in the ghostly Baron role. This way they can bring Connery back from the dead.:dead:

If done well, then a real ghost story needn't be a horrible idea. Not so sure about looking backwards and bringing back his old man.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
If done well, then a real ghost story needn't be a horrible idea. Not so sure about looking backwards and bringing back his old man.

Has this thread lost focus already? It's supposed to be a horrible idea! :p

Raiders90

Indy gets portrayed similar to the way Marcus was in LC.
Mutt tries at being a tough guy again.
Marion has more then two or three spoken lines while grinning like an idiot.
Indy battles some creature or thing out of a Hammer Horror film.
Something which makes the IJ universe smaller (like the prequels did to SW) is introduced.

Mickiana

This thread frightens me. What if we actually preempt something that comes to be? What if Indy5 centres around a soap opera type story of the Joneses at home arguing about college and cooking with slapstick humour. What about canned laughter?

Indy's brother

Mickiana said:
This thread frightens me. What if we actually preempt something that comes to be? What if Indy5 centres around a soap opera type story of the Joneses at home arguing about college and cooking with slapstick humour. What about canned laughter?

Then I will go down in history as being the fan that killed the franchise. I will ready my escape plan.....*cue canned laughter*

Indy's brother

Mutt finishes his studies at Marshall College under the tutelage of Indy and graduates with a degree in archaeology. They compete against each other in a race for an artifact that will ultimately either bring back Sr. if Indy finds it, or will bring Mutt's step-father back from the grave. In the end, they both succeed, and must slay the brain-eating zombie versions of both dead fathers. Marion saves the day by yelling instructions at them, which they obey.

kongisking

Indy's brother said:
Mutt finishes his studies at Marshall College under the tutelage of Indy and graduates with a degree in archaeology. They compete against each other in a race for an artifact that will ultimately either bring back Sr. if Indy finds it, or will bring Mutt's step-father back from the grave. In the end, they both succeed, and must slay the brain-eating zombie versions of both dead fathers. Marion saves the day by yelling instructions at them, which they obey.

I like the idea of Mutt turning into a rival against Indy, and zombies appearing at some point. So there are two good ideas there. :cool:

Mickiana

Pale Horse, that's pretty close (too close) to real life, considering what Shia said about his mother...

And how's this for a horrible idea: a movie where Indiana does not fire a single round at anyone!!!

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Indy 5 itself is already a horrible enough idea on its own.

(y)

I can see Indy's creative team plummeting down a steep downward un-learning curve.

#5 might just very well be the most horrible thing that ever befell the character. (n)

Indy's brother said:
Then I will go down in history as being the fan that killed the franchise. I will ready my escape plan.....*cue canned laughter*

Nah, that crime will be at uncle George's door!

This horrible idea would involve Mutt completely reforming his father of his tomb-raiding side-line, and Indy growing into the one-eyed story-teller who got stuck up a tree. :eek:

Indy's brother

Mutt got it in the junk during the jungle chase:

indiana_crystal4.jpg