TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Are you glad the film was made?
Yes 27 61.36%
No 12 27.27%
Indifferent or Neutral 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
The World without KotCS, a better place?

So many people have been criticising KOTCS (me included) that I want to know if their hatred of Indy IV is so high that they would rather it to not exist.

So would you rather their have been no Indy 4 or are you such a fan that any Indy is fine as long as we get to see it?
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
The Man
IndyFan

The ideal of Indy 4 was always worth pursuing, but overall, they should not have made it as it is. A decade of script wrangling...for this?!
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
blame George "I've gone off the deep end" Lucas for all the crazy sh!t he pulled in the script sesions with stevie.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

My God, then just DON'T WATCH it ever again.

So what if KOTCS wasn't your "dream movie"? Get over it. Not one of the original three IJ movies are without numerous flaws.

As I have said before, this movie is a gift. One that almost never happened. After almost a twenty year abscence, it's amazing that this movie was even finished. I for one, am just grateful to Ford, Speilberg and Lucas for giving us MORE Indiana Jones.

Last edited by ChromiumBlue37 : 07-08-2008 at 12:11 PM.
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
jamiestarr
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumBlue37

So what if KOTCS wasn't your "dream movie"? Get over it. Not one of the original three IJ movies are without numerous flaws.

As I have said before, this movie is a gift. One that almost never happened. After almost a twenty year abscence, it's amazing that this movie was even finished. I for one, am just grateful to Ford, Speilberg and Lucas for giving us MORE Indiana Jones.

Exactly. Well said...
jamiestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
oliverjones18
IndyFan

I loved INDY 4 and even if it was bad it didn't take away from the originals
oliverjones18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
Jones_Happens
IndyFan

It was absolutely great that Indy 4 in any form was made. Period.
Jones_Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumBlue37

I agree here.

I enjoyed KoTCS. Critics ain't gonna get me down. People's biased opinioms, either.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Agent Spalko

I'm convinced that I exist in a parallel universe where Indy 4 and the Star Wars Prequels are epic failures and J.J. Abrams is sacrilegiously reinventing Star Trek and Michael Bay is the A-list director of the times. I have to figure out how to get back to the other universe where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg still make great films, J.J. Abrams is lost on a desert isle somewhere in the South Pacific and Michael Bay is working on cars at Grease Monkey.
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
I'm convinced that I exist in a parallel universe where Indy 4 and the Star Wars Prequels are epic failures and J.J. Abrams is sacrilegiously reinventing Star Trek and Michael Bay is the A-list director of the times. I have to figure out how to get back to the other universe where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg still make great films, J.J. Abrams is lost on a desert isle somewhere in the South Pacific and Michael Bay is working on cars at Grease Monkey.

Only Harold Oxley can help you now...
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
Agent Spalko

Great Scott!

Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
Great Scott!

Ronald Regan the actor?

Anyway come on Indy 4 was good leave it at that.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #13
jdm_jib
IndyFan

Personally i felt alittle disapointed by the film, after 6 weeks of reflecting on what i saw ive warmed to it and scences of it are etched in my mind are vividly as the boulder schene in Raiders or the rope bridge in TOD.

Yes i can see the script is flawed but when all the hype has settled and the 'what if's' and 'lucas bashing' has died down, there are still bits in KOTCS where i hear that theme tune we all love and see the fedora on Ford's head again and im instantly taken back to being a kid. For me it makes KOTCS all worth while.
jdm_jib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #14
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Spalko is this going to be you?

Oh a whole six weeks of reflecting! Wow you sure have the right to hate Indy 4.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
jdm_jib
IndyFan

what you on about? I said ive warmed to it and i am happy they made it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Oh nothing as long as you liked it as a kid! I hate when people go I watched the films a week before Indy 4 and I did not like it
Old 07-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
jdm_jib
IndyFan

Na, i grew up with these films and have watched them over and over again, granted i only got to see LC at the cinema and was quite young when that happened but i love everything indy.

I just ment i was disapointed when i first saw it, probably down to my own hype and expectations, after 6 weeks of reflecting on KOTCS i more than accept it as part of the indy francise and cant wait to get my hands on the dvd when it comes out.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Yeah I was not so crazy about it the first time either but I love it now.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
RaideroftheArk
IndyFan

I started out hating it, but now I love it.

When people talk bad about KOTCS I am constantly reminded of when Temple of Doom came out. The comments of "IT WAS WAY OVER THE TOP" were thrown around whenver the movie was mentioned. Now it seems the movie has moved into the classics phase and has settled into being a good installment of the franchise. (Yes I know there are people that absolutely hate TOD, but I'm speaking in general terms of movie history.)

I think if the same question was asked back them about TOD much debate just like this would have come up. I guess my point would be, over time KOTCS will gain more respect just as TOD has.

Sometimes, and I don't know how everyone else is, but I think, I think too much about stuff and just don't go with the flow. To me this this happened with KOTCS, I did too much overthinking.

So, at first my opinion was "Why did they even bother?" Now, after seeing it a second time, I'm greatful they finally got together and put this out.
RaideroftheArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #20
jdm_jib
IndyFan

That was the point i was trying to make, after all my expectations and hype has gone away and i look back as KOTCS as a whole without trying to analyse it with the previous 3, i like the movie for what it is, good fun and nice to have another 2hours (ish) of indiana jones.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #21
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Personally I’d much rather not have a movie then a bad movie. Call me an idealist, but why exactly should I be pleased to have (what some would deem) garbage? I’ll never understand this pathetically obedient and grateful mentality. I’m not grateful for a sub par movie. No one should be. I’d be grateful if they delivered a great movie. Crystal Skull was far from it. They should be grateful they got my money! That's how it works, I pay to formulate an opinion. If I felt it sucked...oh well. We both have to live with it.
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
Jones_Happens
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPhactor23
Personally Id much rather not have a movie then a bad movie. Call me an idealist, but why exactly should I be pleased to have (what some would deem) garbage? Ill never understand this pathetically obedient and grateful mentality. Im not grateful for a sub par movie. No one should be. Id be grateful if they delivered a great movie. Crystal Skull was far from it. They should be grateful they got my money! That's how it works, I pay to formulate an opinion. If I felt it sucked...oh well. We both have to live with it.
You're right about all of this. The only problem is, you would not have liked Indy 4 no matter what it was. Period.
Jones_Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones_Happens
You're right about all of this. The only problem is, you would not have liked Indy 4 no matter what it was. Period.

I doubt that. I'd have liked it a heck of a lot more if they knocked the aliens and kept it Indiana Jones.
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #24
The Man
IndyFan

I'll take a failed attempt to make the movie over the failure of the movie they made any day.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #25
PoeticRocker
IndyFan

The movie had so much potential in the second half... So I'm basically hoping the DVD that comes out later will have a lot of features to explain itself, or a directors cut with better editing. This of course is wishful thinking and I doubt they'll release the DVD like that, but ya never know.

Still Im really glad I got to see an old Indy back in another adventure. It once again made me realize why I love these movies so much. Though despite it's flaws, I still had a blast watching it for the first time in the theaters. And I can honestly say that I haven't had that much fun in a theater for a LONG time. Indy 4 delivered in my opinion.
PoeticRocker is offline   Reply With Quote