The Beatles Rock Band

The Beatles: Rock BandThe world’s leading music game meets the greatest band in history! The Beatles™: Rock Band™ gives fans what they’ve been waiting for: a chance to experience the Beatles’ legendary story from the inside. You won’t just watch and listen as the Beatles make rock history, create landmark records and conquer the world—for the first time, you’ll be part of the band.

Join John, Paul, George and Ringo onstage at legendary shows, behind closed doors in the recording studio, and in dreamscapes that bring their psychedelic imagery to life. The acclaimed Rock Band elements of interactive play and full-band capacity are here, but with brand-new additions. This will be the first music game to offer harmonies, challenging you to recreate The Beatles’ vocal blend. There are custom-built models of the instruments the band itself played; audio straight from the masters; and graphics that take you on a magical tour through the key moments in Beatle history.

Produced with the full cooperation of The Beatles and Apple Corps, the game is packed with fab extras. Master the songs to hear rare audio and view unseen photos from the archives!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmQXaScIhyg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DmQXaScIhyg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

Play on exclusive replicas of the instruments that The Beatles played, including:

John Lennon’s
Rickenbacker 325 guitar
Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark
Höfner bass
George Harrison’s
Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
Ringo Starr’s
drums with classic black oyster
pearl finish and Ludwig-branded
Beatles kick drum head

instruments.jpg

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

I seen the trailer for this yesterday and I was blown away.

I love guitar hero, but never made the switch to Rock Band or the next gen versions (I still have GH on PS2).

But now I just might have too.

Between this and Metallica GH I'm sold.

Do they GH guitars work with Rock Band and can you buy just the Mic?

Because my friends have plenty of guitars and a drumset.

Indy~Annie

my sister is gonna die and go to heaven when she see's this.:p even gum wrappers with the beatles on it make her scream.lol

Nurhachi1991

I don't care to much for money and money can't buy me love but this game CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkey

Sorry to be a downer here, but.........growing up with the Beatles.........

This whole thing is downright creepy!

I know that it's a generational thing, but I can't help it, I just don't like this. It seems kind of blasphemous....disrespectful.....I don't know what else.....but I just don't like seeing the...BEATLES......reduced to a video game.

Listening to the Beatles and seeing them on Television in the sixties is what inspired me to take up music.

Maybe I've lived too long.

I know I'll probably get blasted for this, but maybe more young people should play real music, instead of video games.

I feel the same about Guitar Hero. Why not pick up a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson Les Paul....instead of that .............Guitar Hero thing?

monkey said:

I know that it's a generational thing, but I can't help it, I just don't like this. It seems kind of blasphemous....disrespectful.....I don't know what else.....but I just don't like seeing the...BEATLES......reduced to a video game.

Listening to the Beatles and seeing them on Television in the sixties is what inspired me to take up music.

I know I'll probably get blasted for this, but maybe more young people should play real music, instead of video games.

I feel the same about Guitar Hero. Why not pick up a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson Les Paul....instead of that .............Guitar Hero thing?

Hey, I grew up listening to the Beatles, and The Yellow Submarine Cartoons were creepy too!

There are many ways to look at it, here's mine.
In an age where the teen idols and manufactured music have returned, (and they are NOT Frank Sinatra) "Hip Hop" is dominating the market place. I for one am glad to see these groups taking the dive and joining the revolution.

I rarely feel a smile all the way to my core, but watching my 7 year old nephew at the last family party running around singing Mississippi Queen did just that!

If you think these games do NOT pose a challenge to your dexterity and timing, you obviously haven't tried to play The Cliffs of Dover on "Expert"

I have a Les Paul and all in all about 8 other guitars. This is just the thing to bring the spotlight back to Rock Music, and who better then The Beatles!

This game takes the next step in music game evolution! Its like a 2 part harmony tutor! It's not a replacement of musicianship nor could it ever be.
But as a great introduction and exposure to the songs and artists of days long gone(it seems so, look at the billboard charts!) I fully endorse it.

At best it exposes those who might never pick up an instrument and gives them a new perspective...I tend to think it will inspire these kids to pick up a real instrument.

At worst, the artists have found a new revenue stream post Napster/peer to peer networks where they can collect on sales of their "artisrty".

Plus, it's fun.

Last edited:

monkey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hey, I grew up listening to the Beatles, and The Yellow Submarine Cartoons were creepy too!

There are many ways to look at it, here's mine.
In an age where the teen idols and manufactured music have returned, (and they are NOT Frank Sinatra) "Hip Hop" is dominating the market place. I for one am glad to see these groups taking the dive and joining the revolution.

I rarely feel a smile all the way to my core, but watching my 7 year old nephew at the last family party running around singing Mississippi Queen did just that!

If you think these games do NOT pose a challenge to your dexterity and timing, you obviously haven't tried to play The Cliffs of Dover on "Expert"

I have a Les Paul and all in all about 8 other guitars. This is just the thing to bring the spotlight back to Rock Music, and who better then The Beatles!

This game takes the next step in music game evolution! Its like a 2 part harmony tutor! It's not a replacement of musicianship nor could it ever be.
But as a great introduction and exposure to the songs and artists of days long gone(it seems so, look at the billboard charts!) I fully endorse it.

At best it exposes those who might never pick up an instrument and gives them a new perspective...I tend to think it will inspire these kids to pick up a real instrument.

At worst, the artists have found a new revenue stream post Napster/peer to peer networks where they can collect on sales of their "artisrty".

Plus, it's fun.

Rocket Surgeon,

Great post. You are probably absolutely right. I really didn't look at it that way until you mentioned your 7 year old nephew running around singing "Mississippi Queen". That's really cool.

I was a bit cranky last night when I wrote my post. When I re-read it I see that I probably sounded like a bitter old washed up Rock musician.

Well, that's partly true, but.......

Absolutely anything that re-introduces Rock music to young people is a positive thing. If it stimulates kids to go out and look for recordings then it is definitely a very positive thing.

And anything that kicks that "Hip-Hop" excrement to the curb is also a very good thing.

I guess just as Christian Monks preserved the Classics throughout the Dark Ages, to be re-introduced in the Renaissance, so maybe does "Guitar Hero" and such, preserve Rock Music through the current Dark Age of Hip Hop et. al.

By the way, I've got three home made Strats, and a nylon string acoustic.

Rock On!

Monkey

monkey said:
Rocket Surgeon,

Great post. You are probably absolutely right. I really didn't look at it that way until you mentioned your 7 year old nephew running around singing "Mississippi Queen". That's really cool.
I was a bit cranky last night when I wrote my post. When I re-read it I see that I probably sounded like a bitter old washed up Rock musician.
Well, that's partly true, but.......
Absolutely anything that re-introduces Rock music to young people is a positive thing. If it stimulates kids to go out and look for recordings then it is definitely a very positive thing.
By the way, I've got three home made Strats, and a nylon string acoustic.
Rock On!
Monkey

You don't sound bitter...lots of people feel the same way. The first time I saw it I laughed and thought how silly the interface and actual game would be, but it is fun. The song list is varied, and if your machine is online you can add songs from the internet! Love hearing young kids singing Schools Out! There some Social D and bands I never would have bothered listening to but appreciate now.

I'm hoping this paves the way to full fleged band sanctioned tutorials where you can plug you gear into a converter and learn the songs...

I was always a Les Paul kind of guy, but I did get a hold of an 80's Ibanez Custom with a one piece neck. The neck felt closer to an SG and (any Strats I played always felt like they were toys...like they would break apart in my hands). It's very similar to the Eric Johnson Strat.

It's on my list. I want a Gibson Acoustic, (I have a 12 String), a Strat and a Fender Twin.

The combo in the picture is a Marshal Valvestate Twin.
I always wanted a Mesa Boogie, "The Great Imitator"! But settled for the Tech 21 Trademark 10...nice unit!

Funny thing is the two I play the most are a nylon clasical from a pawn shop in North Carolina and get this, a SYNSONICS "steinberger" style with the amp already in it.

I know it sounds cheesy, and normally I would agree, however the speaker is mounted UNDER the strings, where a sound hole is on an acoustic. Because of it's unique position it generates some wicked feedback! A very cool practice/travel guitar which sounds HEFTY pluged in.

By the way Synsonics is a Mattel brand, as in Matchbox, Barbie. They came out with the those electric drums in the 80's...that four pad box.

Found that in a Flea Market in an old Delaware mansion...very fun and unique.

Keep on keepin on...

RS

monkey said:

Yep your a real downer. I guess you forgot about some children's parents who won't let them take lessons, My dad listened to the beatles when he was a teen and he has nothing against the game. BTW no one answered me about the game being on the PSP.

IndyWolf15 said:
BTW no one answered me about the game being on the PSP.

I guess if you have an internet connection the answer is a google search away. I don't know...I was happy to see the controllers/different style guitars and didn't really pay much attention to the platforms since the Wii is a no brainer.

Are the other Rock Band/Guitar Hero games available on PSP. I can't imagine them being fun with out the peripherals.

But if that's all you have...I can understand how you might want it anyway.

Insomniac

This is bullsh!t this is selling out on a large scale!!!
Death to the bastards who thought this up!!!
This Is Blasphemy!!!
:mad:
Long Live The Beatles And Long Live Love For Them,Their Beliefs and Music!!!

Insomniac said:
This Is Blasphemy!!!

And that is what The Beatles are all about.

You think they could do this without Paul and Ringo signing off?

The Yellow Submarine cartoon, the films and Apple weren't designed with whole idea of SELLING?

Get some sleep, you're not thinking staight.

Gear

Writenow... Ohthankthesmoke!

Anyone seen this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0XMi5OTSGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0XMi5OTSGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not saying it's anything, but thought it was cool. The Beatles experimented with and implemented backmasking in their records. So...

nisdnocesevlewttatiftuolrigloohcsehtnikcihcehttuo kcehcdna

metalinvader

Insomniac said:
This Is Blasphemy!!!

I know this is a bit late but really?? The Beatles never "sold out on a large scale'?They've had merchandise since the early 60's!Hell,There was even Beatles talcum powder!

Even still to this day Beatles merchandise runs rampant,Long before the 'blasphemous' Rock band.

Hell there is even a store in the uk to house all of it.

Death to the bastards indeed!:rolleyes:

Nurhachi1991

Did the Michael Jackson estate get the money for the game? Since MJ owned like almost the whole Beatles catalog