Things the Paramount logo could fade into

intergamer

I like the anthill idea: because you'd think it was a mountain until the last second. Anything tricky like that would be cool. Or it could zoom into a small part of the paramount mountain which looks like a mountain itself, then zoom out into the whole thing. I don't know if you guys follow.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yes, perhaps something in Indy's office...or a label on box of imported beer, or cheap wine, perhaps...I'm still into the "how times have changed" idea, so something based on that I would like.

Indy Jr.

Hello. First time poster here!

How about fading into Indy's hat? Then you could pan away to reveal all of Indy, causing the crowd to cheer I'm sure, as he walks toward his first quest. (If any of that makes sense.

Joe Brody

Walking into the theatre, Ford's age is going to be on the minds (of most?) of the audience. To dispel those questions/doubts, it would make sense for Indy IV to set a new land-speed record from fade to first punch/shot -- to dispel all those doubts and signal that we're in for a ride.

I hope the opening sequence punches the audience in the jaw, hard.

I like the musing Indy idea, but that seems a harder way to start and then transition to action.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Paramount logo became animated CGI in the 90's, which used to zoom in on the mountain. This decade, we drop out of the sky with stars and a big reflective 'P.' Don't watch too many times or you'll get dizzy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGUxQ8FCv4&NR

It still ends with the mountain. I would like to see it become the Matterhorn, then we follow allied planes dropping paratroopers in Italy at the end of WWII.

Or it could become a mountain of rejected screenplays near Skywalker Ranch.

Johnny Nys

In the other movies it still remains essentially a mountain, so I like the volcano idea, but it'll probably be just a mountain somewhere on the world. This intro only delivers the setting of the pre-movie - the quest he's on before the actual adventure begins, so I don't think it'll be anything important to the story. It's more for atmosphere than anything else.

Forbidden Eye

Well, I don't have any cool ideas(most of them have been said) but...

Does anyone have even a slightest idea what logo they'll use? I want them to use the 80's one it can match the other 2 Indy films. Having it be the logo just doesn't seem right at this time.

:confused: :(

Kingsley

RangerOfTheEast said:
I've just thought of a great idea. How about no fade to...?

Hang on, hear me out...

The logo appears, but instead of the fade to something else, the text just fades leaving the mountain and the surronding scene as it is. Slowly, the camera pulls back to reveal the moutain framed by.....a circular airplane window frame! Camera pulls back further to reveal we were inside a plane looking out the window at the Paramount mountain itself! As camera pulls back further, Dr Jones comes into frame on the left, sitting taking a peek out, a passanger on the old plane. The mountain begins to drift out of view. He smiles, and we do too.

STEWARDESS
Can I get you a drink?

what do you think?

[Edited by RangerOfTheEast on 10-28-2003 at 03:28 pm]
Yes, this is the best idea... but austria will probably not be part of the trip this time.

I like the fedora idea too, a close up in a certain angle could match the Paramount logo... and it doesn't mean it will begin with a quiet scene. It can be that Indy is in the middle of a fight and loses his hat, the first thing we see is his hand taking the fedora from the ground, and putting it back in its place, with blood in his mouth and that classic smile, looking at his enemys...

Zorg

Kingsley said:
I like the fedora idea too, a close up in a certain angle could match the Paramount logo... and it doesn't mean it will begin with a quiet scene. It can be that Indy is in the middle of a fight and loses his hat, the first thing we see is his hand taking the fedora from the ground, and putting it back in its place, with blood in his mouth and that classic smile, looking at his enemys...

That has some potential! :whip:

kongisking

Baloney T!ts said:
A first in the indy movies!!!

A fade in to a giant breast!!!

YEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh, jeeze-lewis...even I don't go THAT far! :sick: :confused: That would not only offend fans and parents in the audience (think of how the kids woul react), but It is completely a slap-in-the-face to the wink-wink aspect of the movies and the delight of the visual gags. I'm not gonna call you a perv, Baloney (I'll leave that to ClintonHammond :p ), but that really is just unwanted.

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
Oh, jeeze-lewis...even I don't go THAT far! :sick: :confused: That would not only offend fans and parents in the audience (think of how the kids woul react), but It is completely a slap-in-the-face to the wink-wink aspect of the movies and the delight of the visual gags. I'm not gonna call you a perv, Baloney (I'll leave that to ClintonHammond :p ), but that really is just unwanted.
Since it gave nothing new to the discussion... Now, if you'd just tell me what was the point commenting a post four and half years old, and already chastised well enough back then?

kongisking

Finn said:
Since it gave nothing new to the discussion... Now, if you'd just tell me what was the point commenting a post four and half years old, and already chastised well enough back then?

This was the first time I read this thread (I think), and I never read that comment before. Sorry Finn. :eek:

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
This was the first time I read this thread (I think), and I never read that comment before. Sorry Finn. :eek:
Just keep an eye on the posting times, okay? Besides, if you read the comments coming after it, I think you'd figured out it was a dead subject already. No need to say anything to those.

Indy_Chic

I say let the camera fade into Indiana's finely toned abs (sorry, had to add that in :eek: ), then the camera pans back to show sweaty Indiana Jones running like crazy in a jungle or someplace with Russians etc running after him in a mad-like frenzy. That's all I've got so far...

Bjorn Heimdall

I think the paramount logo should fade into a bulge on Indy's pants, then the camera pans to Indy's face which looks surprised, he then grabs a phone and dials frantically, there is a female voice on the other end and Indy yells: Marion! I'm back, baby!

In fact, I don't think there is a better way to introduce our man.(y)

MartyB

How Will Indy 4 Start?

Personally i think it will fade from a mountain somewhere into an American Desert. You will see a secret base (Area 51), and the film will start in the warehouse where the Ark is stored. I think you will then hear the humming from the Ark box, like the end of the first film, and the camera will zoom in on the burned box. The film then will cut to Indy somewhere else.

They faded from the paramount logo to the "American Desert" in Last Crusade, so it won't be that.

I haven't a clue what they'll use, but there's a paramount logo thread somewhere already I think.