Soundtrack Samples @ Amazon.com

donufro

spiralout said:
The Adventures of Mutt is very reminiscent of "Indy's First Adventure" from Last Crusade, which is a nice homage. ;)

The Snake Pit sounds like it could be from the First Adventure too. Though it also reminds me of the Basket Game in Raiders and Escape from Venice in LC. I love how upbeat several of these are, the movie should be a lot of fun.

|ZiR|

Hmm, I'm not disappointed with it, but then I'm not overly impressed either. I wish the OST would leak already! Like others have said, it's really hard to judge from such small samples.

I think my favorite is Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed. The way the tempo slowly builds creeps me out. Irina's theme is great, too.

donufro

Definitely going to wait to hear the whole thing (w/ film) to make a final opinion. Listening to JUST the soundtrack without the movie's context isn't the optimal way to experience it. Sort of like looking at a box of Christmas ornaments before they go on the tree.

I'm certainly enjoying it from these snippets though.

P.S. I'd be willing to bet the beginning portion in the Spell of the Skull sample is just a reference to Raiders in some form - similar to seeing the Ark in the catacombs in LC and hearing the theme being played for a little.

Dr Jones

Wonderful!

Great to hear John Williams back in his element of fantastic movie music! (y)

And a very balanced, exciting mix of Raiders, Temple and Crusade!

Blue Jay

overall the snippets sound great.

"the adventures of Mutt" sounds like a mix between his first adventure from LC and Harry Potters theme :) and at the end at bit of Short Rounds theme.

i like the little variations in the raiders march, meaning that it doesnt sound like the same recording from raiders :)

Ants sounds fast :)

Love grave robbers and i love it pan flutes in there, sounds a bit south american :)

too many smilies in my post, ah well :)

did anyone hear something russian?

Last edited:

donufro

I like Irina's theme except for the last note in the statement. To my ears it should be a step higher. Meh, I'll get used to it.

metalinvader

"Journey to Akator'' is fantastic.It reminds me so much of TOD.
The Skull's theme is brilliant.Creepy,As it should be.

Hell,All of the clips where amazing.I can't wait for this!(y)

Darth Bork

My god! I'm loving this!

I was so surprised to hear segments of The Map Room in the The Spell of the Skull there!

I'm very impressed

commontone

Wow, it is very Indy. As familiar as the style sounds though, you just don't hear scores remotely like this in movies these days -- not even from JW himself. I think it will have a big impact on people on the big screen.

I bet he really had a ball, getting to return to this style.

Tsar

Damn!, listening to them right now. "Adventures of Mutt", "The Snake Pit" and "A Whirl Through Acadame" sound very fun, LC-esque.

"Irina's Theme" is excellent.

WOW @ "The Spell of the Skull"

"Secret Doors and Scorpions" sounds VERY promising!

lol @ "Ants!"

Classic John Williams for sure. The entire score seems to be heavily influenced by LC, but also contains many elements from Raiders & TOD. Also interesting how much darker the tracks become as they progress.

How much longer till May 22nd?