General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

G-Man

I'd like to see China included... And ditch Mutt. I don't like the idea of consecutive movies having the same sidekicks... I guess the love interest would be difficult if Marion wasn't in it...

jasperjones

China's good for sure. Japan could also be cool.

I'm also thinking volcano, ice/ snow capped mountains, some sort of tropical coast.

Would Atlantis work?

Some sort of apocalpyse?

The Plagues?

What other religions could you use? Nordic? Greek?

I know what you mean about recurring cast...

G-Man

Nordic (Thor, Valhalla) would be cool. I like your terrain choices. We've kinda had desert and jungle now...

jasperjones

Yeah, it would be cool to work out something fresh, whilst still staying true to the spirit, feel.

For the lead villain it could be interesting to throw him up against a younger, villainous version of himself (I don't mean a clone lol). In Raiders, Belloq was like a shadowy version of Indy but as an intellectual. He was never a physical match.

I think a charming, though ruthless treasure hunter who could match Indy physically (even perhaps moreso with youth on his side) could be a different twist we haven't seen yet.

You could maybe use the ruskies again or would you go for a different feel?

Fun to imagine.

rowerguy7

i have no problem with shia continuing on with the series...but do it as a spinoff... not another indiana jones movie. i think labeouf is talented enough to carry a film on just his shoulders.

just dont call it an indiana jones and the..... movie...

call it a mutt williams and the...... movie.

IndyJr.

One thing I hear a lot is complaints that it'll be mostly about Mutt but be called "Indiana Jones"... fact is... "Indy V" will probobly be the PRODUCTION TITLE! If this happens they'll most likely rename it "The Adventures of Mutt Jones" or "Mutt Williams"...

Or they'll keep the title and make Indy's appearance the same as Mutt's... it'll just be Mutt's archeological hunt...

isaac_z

its interesting to consider that people were amazed to have a movie in which the main character is in every scene with raiders. temple of doom and last crusade are more or less the same, in that respect. i guess we'll have to see about crystal skull, but i just think indy-***-henry-as-sidekick would just not fit tonally with his presented universe.

Salacious

Me no watch if Indy is relegated to sidekick status or a cameo.

Mutt Williams = direct to dvd status for me. I'd rather watch Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins. :hat:

blueseattle

Salacious said:

Mutt Williams = direct to dvd status for me. I'd rather watch Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins. :hat:

Hey! That movie was cool!

Falcon

Harrison is 65. I don't think he could pull off portraying someone who is 35 or younger, which is about how old Indy was in ToD.

sandiegojones

Jim Tigernuts said:
A prequel set in 1952 or something would work.
Maybe an Asian mystical artifact since at that time the Korean war is looming. We could still have commies as the baddies. I feel if they do another film it should pretty much just be Indy on his own adventure with maybe a sidekick in the middle just to help the film move along, like Raiders.

jasperjones

I think I'd include the Bermuda triangle somehow. Maybe linking it with Atlantis or something, but certainly something to do with the bermuda triangle.

DetectiveFork

Salacious said:

I still hear the Remo Williams theme in my head...