Trailer Speculation

commontone

Dr. Indy Jones said:
Edit: Actually, anyone also know besides the soundclips, where I could find a high def. Indy dvd trailer, and all the other trailers as well? I'm just trying to make this fan trailer look great!!

Do you have the DVD box set? I'm pretty sure it contains the trailers. That would be a good source for soundclips too, just rip the audio.

*Good for everyone to know...Not sure where you live but if you're in the US near a Borders, they have a 40% off DVD box set coupon for Sept. 17-18. You could get the 4-DVD Indy set for less than $30.

Dr. Indy Jones

commontone said:
Do you have the DVD box set? I'm pretty sure it contains the trailers. That would be a good source for soundclips too, just rip the audio.

I may sound dumb for asking but how/what program do you use to rip the trailers/ soundclips from??

Yes, I do own the DVD boxset. But I would really like to know how to rip the trailers and audio.

Kingsley

Dr. Indy Jones said:
Yes, I do own the DVD boxset. But I would really like to know how to rip the trailers and audio.
You need a software to convert the vob files into mpg, avi or mov... procoder for example.

But hey, in that last video they gave us (reuniting the family), that which was bastardized by so many ;) , I think a lot of the quotes are there.
It would be fun make a trailer... maybe I'll try to make my own.

commontone

Check out www.afterdawn.com, the "Guides" section. They have so much info, it's pointless to post any kind of tutorial here. They have links to all the software you might need--there are dozens of programs that will do what you ask, some free, some only trial versions.

Sorry to punt and say "go read this" but a lot depends on your system, hardware, etc. AfterDawn is a great place to learn about meda ripping.

fortuneandglory

No Ticket said:
I think...

(black screen)

(all kinds of dialogue from previous Indy movies play one right after the other almost simultaneously building up each other and getting louder... this is just audio, no pictures)

"Let them go Dr. Jones!! They will be found!! YOU WON'T!!!"
"Nice try Lao Che!!"
"You have chosen... Wisely."
"Hold on lady we going for a ride..."
"OH MY GOD IS HE NUTS!?!"
"He no nuts he crazy!!"
"Blow it back to God!"
"I'm your god dammned partner!"
"The penintant man will pass..."
"It's time to ask yourself what YOU believe."
"It is you JUNIOR!!"
"Hahaha.. you are named after the dog!!"
"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up!"
(dialogue suddenly stops and everything gets quiet for the next line)

"Indiana Jones. I always knew some day you'd come walking back through my door."

*cue the music please :) *

Then the first shot appears and it's Indy as he appears in the new movie turning around to face the camera. A series of very short shots and cool stuff are shown.

Announcer: "Next summer... Adventure returns."
(some more cool shots are shown)
Announcer: "And if adventure has a name... it must be."
(show shots of multiple people in the movie saying the name "Indiana")
Person 1: "Indiana"
Person 2: "Indiana"
Person 3: "Indiana"
Person 4: "Jooones!"
Announcer: "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

(end with some funny dialogue or scene with Indy in it)

Swing back into action...
May 22, 2008

I am REALLY digging this. I think I could put something together that resembles that, actually... just barely, but it would resemble it... gimme a few weeks, and you'll see it.

IndyFan89

Dr. Indy Jones said:
I don't know how well it will turn out, but I am willing to give it a chance!! :whip:

I've been practicing my editing and i have Adobe Premiere so if you need someone to edit give me a shout i'll be happy...scratch that more than happy to help in anyt way i can! That go's for any kind of Video editing the Raider.net needs or any fan projects that want help. (y)

I made this for the church i go to. They was having a play and i offerd to shoot and edit it like a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mApK4faTQ

I also made two Raiders fan Trailers a while ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUocDAgYbk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Mon3g8Tt4

Just to give you a idea of what i can do.

I know a guy that does the deep movie trailer voice and a composer that could actually make a custom score for the trailer. I also have the biggest library of trailers cues and score's as well as the original Raiders, TOD, and LC soundtracks.

All at your disposel!

EDIT: I have three editing systems. Windows Movie Maker, MAGIX, and Adobe Premiere.

Last edited:

Dr. Indy Jones

IndyFan89 said:
I know a guy that does the deep movie trailer voice and a composer that could actually make a custom score for the trailer. I also have the biggest library of trailers cues and score's as well as the original Raiders, TOD, and LC soundtracks.

All at your disposel!

EDIT: I have three editing systems. Windows Movie Maker, MAGIX, and Adobe Premiere.

Nice videos. wow, so where did you get all of the trailers cues and score's from?
I may have to barrow some if thats o.k.?

P.S. You really know that guy that does the trailer voice??? :confused: :confused:

sarah navarro

Im gonna stay home from school if i have too just too see it.....im expecting a black screeen and some background noise ,then you hear raiders march and a quick glimpse o' indy then the title and date just to tease

Kingsley

Now anything below No Ticket's idea will be disappointing...

Naaah, who am I kidding :p ? When I hear the Raiders march I will be near a tachycardia!!

sarah navarro

Kingsley said:
Now anything below No Ticket's idea will be disappointing...

Naaah, who am I kidding :p ? When I hear the Raiders march I will be near a tachycardia!!

Tachycardia?I guess i'll "GOOGLE"it,i might as well not ask because they ll just tell me to do this anyway...tachycardia ...sounds like some kinda heart problem:)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
IndyFan89 said:
Nice, some improvements could be made tho. First of all check the spelling, it's annoying to watch a trailer for Raiders of the Lost Arc by Steven Speilberg starring Harison Ford. Secondly, cut down on the choir stuff and don't mute the sound effects. Thirdly, use the original logo. Overall the second trailer was better. What happened to the aspect ratio and correct rating BTW?

Dr. Indy Jones

Update on my trailer,

There is a bit of a problem, anyone know where I can get a converter to change the .vob to .avi thats FREE ? I have a converter but the thing is it makes it into bad viewing until you buy the program. SO any help right now would be good. I have the sounds that I need for the black screen scene. I just have to the the video right! Please and thank you!! ;)

-Jones-

Dr. Indy Jones said:
Update on my trailer,

There is a bit of a problem, anyone know where I can get a converter to change the .vob to .avi thats FREE ? I have a converter but the thing is it makes it into bad viewing until you buy the program. SO any help right now would be good. I have the sounds that I need for the black screen scene. I just have to the the video right! Please and thank you!! ;)

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

The best there is.

Matthew

No Ticket's idea is as good a trailer I can think of.

But doesn't a teaser come first then a trailer some weeks/months later?