New KotCS picture

sandiegojones

SKAbatula said:
Those dragon heads look familiar...anyone remember the pics from someone that "snuck" onto the sets in CA before they dissassembled them? I swear that room had dragon heads also...we thought it was from National Treasure 2...but I'm not so sure anymore.

And I can't find the pics anywhere!

EDIT:
Found the pictures...
http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-exclusive-indiana-jones-4-set-pics.html

Doesn't look like the same head to me...mouth/teeth are different.

I didn't see NT2 but these photos look like they could be from the same set (I'm sure not all of the snake/dragon heads will looks exactly the same, but the colors are almost identical).

torao

Moderator Emeritus
commontone said:
I'm willing to bet there are makeup and wardrobe people specifically charged with making sure the actors and their clothes are dirtied or bloodied as appropriate. IMDB now has an extensive list of crew members, which is probably legit at this point. Both the makeup and wardrobe departments have a couple dozen people each. Also, the continuity people are going to be keeping tabs on that stuff. And Spielberg's not an idiot. Don't worry about the clothes!! :D

Yeah, you're right.
But ...I think the moaning over the lack of dirt on his pants is merely an expression of the general fear that certain little aspects about the character (mainly visual aspects at this point) may not be right.

Ska

I've seen NT2, and I'm still not sure whether or not that room (from the link) is from the movie. At first I thought it was, but the more I thought about it, it looked similar to a room in NT2, but not exactly.

I guess we'll find out May 22nd!

deckard24

joelwatts said:
My thoughts on the pic: looks like a publicity photo- actors posed to recreate a moment form the movie. The lighting is either publicity/ still photography lighting- the brightness may be washing out some of the details people are complaining aren't there, like dirt on Indy, etc. That being said, the look on their faces might suggest that the room the are entering is full of gold treasure, and that is why the light is so bright. Notice the few gold pots by Indy's feet.

Just a note, watch the making of Raiders footage in the well of souls- the lighting looks really bright when seen throught the documentary camera- nothing like the scenes appear in the real movie.
Joel, I agree! This doesn't look like an actual screen shot, but a publicity photo.

Cool pic though, and Indy looks great!

peterlally

As for the person behind Indy i'm 100% sure its John Hurt. Remember when a load of guys got invited to the set and given time with Speilberg. Some said they saw John Hurt dressed like a tramp in a long grey overcoat and long hair. That looks like a grey overcoat to me and one in bad condition too. :whip: :whip:

In his interview recently Hurt referred to the good guys as "The Famous Five". This is clearly a shot of the said five in the latter part of the movie (Hurt said he joins half way through) so the tramp behind Indy will be Hurt (aka Abner??), there's little doubt about it.

sandiegojones

tocksic said:
I edited the picture just a little bit in terms of color, lighting and sharpness and it looks like this could be such a cool situation in the movie!

coolcz2.jpg

I noticed once you enhanced this photo the lighting & color scheme looks like the art on the top of the forums page!

joelwatts

peterlally said:
As for the person behind Indy i'm 100% sure its John Hurt. Remember when a load of guys got invited to the set and given time with Speilberg. Some said they saw John Hurt dressed like a tramp in a long grey overcoat and long hair. That looks like a grey overcoat to me and one in bad condition too. :whip: :whip:

You could be right, but that's not an overcoat in the new picture, and it's not that long.

peterlally

Hrmm Knee Length though... Pretty sure its Hurt though, can't be Abner for age reasons.. Abner would be about 18-20 years Indy's Senior as a rough minimum Indy is 58 in this movie so that makes Abner a minimum of 90-ish in 1957 casting John Hurt wouldn't make sense.

Indy1986

IrishLuck1980 said:
I hope this is a promo shot and not a actual still from the film. Because at no time should Indy's outfit be that clean.

I totally agreee the outfit of Indy is way to clean!!!!

Grethe

For some reason I just don't manage to get very excited over this new still--- the set looks overstuffed, perhaps even phony - even taking atmospheric lighting and the magic of great editing and music into consideration. [Must be suffering form an Indy OD (overdose) or whatever] Anyone else but me??

WhipItGood

peterlally said:
Hrmm Knee Length though... Pretty sure its Hurt though, can't be Abner for age reasons.. Abner would be about 18-20 years Indy's Senior as a rough minimum Indy is 58 in this movie so that makes Abner a minimum of 90-ish in 1957 casting John Hurt wouldn't make sense.

I'm confused: if you say Indy is roughly 58 and Abner would be 20 years his senior, wouldn't that make Abner roughtly 78... not "90-ish"?

Besides, have you seen recent pics of John Hurt? With makeup he could easily pass for an old man -- and has already in previous films.

Btw, I'm not convinced about the concept that Ray hasn't descended the stairs yet since Marion still looks too short behind Mutt -- but in the absence of proof that disputes it (so far), it's a possibility. It seems odd that the stairs rise up to the right, yet Ray is on the far left of the doorway... and still on the stairs. Oh well! Cheers on the discussion.

Indy_Chic

Yes!!! Another promo/set picture! (y) This is awesome the characters are looking great!

Just seeing another picture of Harrison dressed in that Indy outfit once again after so many years is making me all teary-eyed...:eek:

CB27

I really feel like pretty much all the pictures we've seen thus far are publicity pictures rather than actual screenshots, possibly shot after filming had ended. For example, If you look at images from comic con (which took place during filming) Shia's facial hair looks considerably longer than it does in the new picture and in pretty much all other pictures we've seen. I think that's also the most likely reason for the clean appearance of the clothes.

Indy1986

i have to agree with the fact that Indy's clothes look to new....
if you ask me the pants look horrible they should be dirty and should have some holes
and another thing....there is way to much light. How can that little torch lit up the whole room
it better be just a promo shot then i take everything back
but i like the set a lot coulndt be more indy

Dr.Sartorius

joelwatts said:
Excellent point. The reason being that we have all four characters in the same scene. Indy movies aren't the kind of movies that keep the ensemble together for very long. They are splitting up, doing different things, getting captured, etc. So this photo may have been taken at the same time the Comic Con video was shot. That may also make some sense as to why Indy doesn't have his holster in this shot. Remember the contoversy over it's absence in the Comic Con video? I think the best explanantion was that it was in the hands of the prop master. If this picture was shot at the same time as the video, then the absence of the hoslter is evidence that this is just posed publicity shot.

Or maybe he doesn't have his holster because the Soviets took it from him after he was captured in the jungle.

No Ticket

metalinvader said:
Very nice! I love how Indy is holding a torch aswell.

To quote myself in the other thread about this that was closed:

"Hey, look at that... he's using a torch. So shut up about the flash light now."
:p

nitzsche

First of all, great pic. I am so excited!

Second, how many of us know when this moment takes place during the film and can we be certain it's not before the major scuffles and fight scenes?

Indiana Jones doesn't just crawl around on his hands and knees or find himself getting in mud clod fights everywhere he goes. There is a context for his dirty gritty appearance in all the films. We don't know when this moment takes place in script.

Indy walked around for the first 3/4 of LC looking very clean without a scratch on him. It wasn't until the tank battle that Indy got dirt under his nails.

Plus, we have already seen Indy from KOTCS looking battered, bloody and with torn, dirty pants.

This is not a posed shot. This is a photo taken on set - not a screenshot or a view from the camera lens, but a set photo.