Teaser Trailer on Superbowl Sunday? Poof.

nzlc

Mutt Williams said:
You are correct!!! (y)

My point was, they always think that whatever they're doing, everybody else in the world will follow. ;)

Thank God that Indy is a worldwide event. I will even get to see it a day earlier than the Americans. :p

u are so right

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Real men play Aussie Rules... Plus they're way cuter! :D Those rugby players all look like they crush me if they hugged me. :eek:

rowerguy7

anyway....

Im still going to expect an indy 4 trailer during the super bowl, so when it does happen, I can be the one to say to all of you doubters that...I BELIEVED.

whos with me?

notimeforlove

rowerguy7 said:
anyway....

Im still going to expect an indy 4 trailer during the super bowl, so when it does happen, I can be the one to say to all of you doubters that...I BELIEVED.

whos with me?

i am. it just makes too much sense.

"its almost too quiet"

tocksic

attachments.php

metalinvader

It's been saying "check back soon" for months.Good to see that they have replaced the crate graphic with the teaser poster though.(y)

The_Raiders

If there is an Indy 4 trailer that day it'll be the only reason the superbowl will be on my TV, because I hate football :mad:

drjones

I don't care much for football either; I am just going over to a friend's house on Sunday for a Super Bowl party to just hang out. I could care less what two teams are playing and how well they do. People aren't even going to remember who played who anyway, but they WILL remember what ads they saw; so here's hoping that the teaser is among them. :hat:

Gillman

So yeah, like most Americans, I tend to think that the Super Bowl is the most watched sports event, etc. but it's not because of my patriotism. I'm a fairly objective guy, and the notion had to come from somewhere, so I did some digging.

This thread covers it pretty nicely:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474056

To summarize for you, it seems to be about manipulation of statistics. The *potential* audience is up to 1 billion. Not the actual audience. The advertising revenue is huge. But folks here are right-- actual viewership of the World Cup seems to be higher.

But I digress.

I think our best hope for an IJ trailer would have to be if it were part of some other type of promotion. A Dr. Pepper commercial or some such. I have my doubts that we'll get a full blown trailer. I *DO* want it though, and I do think the speculation on these boards is a lot of fun.

NoCamels

Eh, the Packers didn't make it to the Superbowl. I'll be looking on YouTube.

All the rugby players I know are women... my college's team had a prom dress game. You have to be tough to play rugby in a dress!

Aussie Rules is totally not what I expected. I did enjoy watching it though.

And why didn't we Americans call football soccer and soccer football? I know "soccer" comes from Association Football (Assoc.) but still, we had to be difficult.

Back on topic. Iron Man does come out before Indy 4... but then again, both are less than 4 months away. :confused:

tnswman

drjones said:
I don't care much for football either; I am just going over to a friend's house on Sunday for a Super Bowl party to just hang out. I could care less what two teams are playing and how well they do. People aren't even going to remember who played who anyway, but they WILL remember what ads they saw; so here's hoping that the teaser is among them. :hat:

I have to break the rules and say that this is the MOST IDIOTIC remark I have EVER heard. You seem to overlook that Football is the MOST POPULAR sport in the WORLD.. Not just a little thing either. Football game ratings are 2-8 times HIGHER THAN ANY T.V. SHOW EVER GETS!! That's EACH WEEK too.

trust me, people do care and in a game like the one this year, It is ALL most people will talk about. Obviously, your lack of respect for America's most watched event allows you to show ignorance.

This is what is wrong with message boards :(

spiralout

tnswman said:
I have to break the rules and say that this is the MOST IDIOTIC remark I have EVER heard. You seem to overlook that Football is the MOST POPULAR sport in the WORLD.. Not just a little thing either. Football game ratings are 2-8 times HIGHER THAN ANY T.V. SHOW EVER GETS!! That's EACH WEEK too.

trust me, people do care and in a game like the one this year, It is ALL most people will talk about. Obviously, your lack of respect for America's most watched event allows you to show ignorance.

This is what is wrong with message boards :(

Are you talking about American Football? You think American Football is the most popular sport in the world?

commontone

There are quite a few people in America who get pretty fanatical about football. But there are also many (such as myself) who only know about it involuntarily. At work, at the gas station, etc. I can't help but overhear remarks about Favre's new record or the Cowboys' latest upset. But I don't care. It's remarkable how much I know about football for someone who's not interested at all...I know all the teams and where they are, the quarterbacks for most teams, the criminal scandals the NFL is fraught with. But I often forget football even exists until some teller at the bank asks me if I caught the Packer game out of politeness.

It's an inescapable entity here, so it certainly seems enormously popular.

DaveTheHutt

tnswman said:

Bloody hell, it's only a game, not the Second Coming! And enough of the 'ignorance' comments: as it happens, football - real football, i.e. soccer to you - is by far the world's most popular sport.

IrishLuck1980

I'm an american. And I hate football. I hate the NFL. I hate all the players. Why you may ask? Because the players, and everything it stands for is crap!