The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Yure

I wonder if anybody ever noticed something in the Indy movies that believe nobody else ever noticed. A bit, a detail, something!

That detail that usually you love yourself for noticing and that googling it and discovering that it's been already eploited makes you almost sad :)

I have to say, that worked for the fly disappearing in Belloq's mouth while talking with bazooka Indy in Raiders.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I tend to think that I'm one of the few people equipped to tell what parts of the dialogue from Last Crusade was written/doctored by Tom Stoppard. One section that I'm 95% certain about is the whole Ming vase dialogue:

Henry Jones: [About the broken vase he used to hit Indiana Jones with] It breaks the heart.
Indiana Jones: And the head. You hit me with it, Dad.
Henry Jones: I'll never forgive myself.
Indiana Jones: [Surprised and touched] Oh- it's okay, I'm fine.
Henry Jones: Thank God! [He shows Indiana the vase, much to his son's disillusionment] It's fake! You can tell by the cross-sections!

Classic Stoppard conversation with cross-purposes and a preoccupied academic.

mr.wolf

well when i first saw Raiders in theaters about 3 years ago, I noticed that in the scene where Belloq has taken over the ship the Ark was on and had captured Marion and she was wearing that white silk dress, she wasn't exactly wearing panties and lets just say Karen Allen didn't exactly shave back then.

stunrun

Yure said:
I wonder if anybody ever noticed something in the Indy movies that believe nobody else ever noticed. A bit, a detail, something!

That detail that usually you love yourself for noticing and that googling it and discovering that it's been already eploited makes you almost sad :)

I have to say, that worked for the fly disappearing in Belloq's mouth while talking with bazooka Indy in Raiders.

yeah that always made me giggle:p i knew it was there but i didnt think much of it - either that or i forgot to mention it to anyone. You just know he spat on the ground after they cut!:D

mr.wolf said:
well when i first saw Raiders in theaters about 3 years ago, I noticed that in the scene where Belloq has taken over the ship the Ark was on and had captured Marion and she was wearing that white silk dress, she wasn't exactly wearing panties and lets just say Karen Allen didn't exactly shave back then.

I'm ashamed to of noticed that too :eek: LOL

The Golden Idol

mr.wolf said:

Really? Where exactly in the film is this? :p

Mickiana

Yes, that scene on the ship and Marion's silk dress - I think alot of us are a bit, well, too polite to mention it! But thank god someone did.

Indy"Ale" Jones

In Raiders, in the bar, right after Belloq tells Indy to sit down before he falls down, Indy gives some kind of spastic type motion to him that I have always thought really funny, and never really noticed it until my wife pointed it out.

sarah navarro

Indy"Ale" Jones said:
In Raiders, in the bar, right after Belloq tells Indy to sit down before he falls down, Indy gives some kind of spastic type motion to him that I have always thought really funny, and never really noticed it until my wife pointed it out.
I know that one exactly! I noticed that too, a couple months ago i sat there and kept rewinding it and rewinding it,it looks like hes about to vomit:sick:

Dayne

In Temple of Doom during the bug sequence, Indy is just about to gesture Shortround in the direction to the "compressing-spike-room" when the match he's holding burns his thumb and he blatently says "OW! There! Go over there!" It seems to me that this wasn't intentional and I always found it funny to watch.

EvilDevo

"I see it, Shorty. THAT'S IT. Pankot Palace!"

The "that's it" line always sounded dubbed to me. There's also a shot of possessed Indy that I'm pretty sure is reversed. The fire in the background appears to be burning in the wrong direction.

Indyologist

Indy"Ale" Jones said:

Yes, YES! That's something I only noticed a few years ago! Indy mocks what Belloq says just before ("we can behave like civilized people-- sit down before you fall down" or something like that) with a gesture and a look that says, "excuse ME, jerk!"

Glad someone else saw that! That's what's so great about the Trilogy (soon to be called "Quadrilogy"-- maybe "the Quad" for short?). They are so detailed and well-made that every once in a while I see something I've never seen before and I'm amazed all over again.

Tsar

Indyologist said:
Yes, YES! That's something I only noticed a few years ago! Indy mocks what Belloq says just before ("we can behave like civilized people-- sit down before you fall down" or something like that) with a gesture and a look that says, "excuse ME, jerk!"

Maybe the Monkey's claws pinched into Indy's neck, causing him to flinch like that? Just a thought.

James

Indy"Ale" Jones said:

This is the one I thought of when I saw the topic. I've always wondered if there's alternate footage out there showing exactly what kind of expression Harrison made at Belloq.

There's a similar moment that always jumped out at me as a kid. It's when Marcus first arrives at Indy's house and tells him "they want you to go for it". Indy then says "Oh...Marcus!" and leans back with this really exaggerated laugh. The video on my old VHS copy always made this action seem even more forced than it is.

Stoo

This is probably hands-down the BEST one:

"Who the HECK is this guy?"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10247&highlight=heck

Anyway, this mystery man is not alone because I noticed another one. There's two!

Has anyone ever realised that when Indy gallops through the crowd of diggers to catch the desert convoy,
the shot is reversed, mirror-fashion? Indy's bag is on the wrong side and the proper shot is in the trailer.:eek:

I've always liked the part where Indy and Marion escape from the Well of Souls, and Indy pushes the rock out of the wall... and it bounces back into frame a bit... gotta love those fake rocks :p

DocWhiskey

When my friend and I watch "Raiders" we always laugh at the way Indy asks Marion for "Whiskey" when he is in the scuttle in the raven. And when Marion and Indy are in Cairo we always think it's funny how Indy says, "It's a date, ya eat 'em". Just watch and you'll understand.

Stoo

Ummm...That's very interesting, Doc Whiskey. I never knew that you and friend found those parts funny.
Did you happen to read the title of this thread?:rolleyes:

DocWhiskey

well it was me AND me only who noted it. But I told it to my friends and now they get in on it too, just as EVERYONE is doing in this thread by sharing their views. Lighten up, sweetheart.

Stoo

DocWhiskey said:
well it was me AND me only who noted it.
Apologies if I'm being rude but...noted what exactly? The fact that Indy spoke those lines?:confused:
If there's some hidden/inside joke or something then, please, enlighten us.:cool: