What little kids say about indiana jones.

vf wing

Cute thread! I've noticed a lot of young Indy fans lately:

The other day in Walmart a set of twins came in wearing matching TOD shirts and they were talking about the character.

In a restaurant the other day a young'in was humming the theme song as he approached the buffet.

While i was buying LC figs the other day a kid started asking questions about them. I tried to explain as much as i could about the characters. He couldn't believe they were for me! :whip:

Nurhachi1991

mutt willams said:
i saw a kid at wall mart with a fedora on and his mom was like come on jim (or something) and the kids like "moooooooom its Indy!

i had to smile, anyways i am probably the only one here who cant recall the indy theme song attomatticly, two years of watching star wars has kept me from doing that!!!! wait i got it *bad singing*

Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a babysitter!

Thats what I would of told the kid if I was his mother........

Bat-Dude

My 3 year old son is obsessed with "Iny-anna Shzones" :D

It started when they showed commercials of a kid dressed as Indy whipping a chair in a lunch room. From there they kept showing all kinds of various commercials for products based on Indy 4 during my son's cartoons. He became fascinated with the whipping and started asking questions. Then, one day, they played the trilogy on cable and he accidentally caught a few minutes of it, immediately recognized Indy and we've been watching my DVDs and skipping the scary parts regularly since.

I don't think a night has gone since that he hasn't gone, "Can we watch Iny-anna Shzones tonight, dad? I've been gooo-oood. I'm finking maybe da twain one, dad. I fink dat would be a pwetty good idea for us to watch." Gets me every time :gun:

As other people's kids do, he also has the make-shift outfit consisting of:

A cheap cowboy hat
A fireman jacket
One of my old belts for the pouch (he doesn't quite get that it's the strap for the puch and actually thinks it's a weird belt that Indy wears :p )
And, of course, the 3' soft whip by Hasbro :whip:

Now instead of swinging on his swingset, he uses the whip to "swing acwoss da wava" :)

mutt willams

Bat-Dude said:
My 3 year old son is obsessed with "Iny-anna Shzones" :D

It started when they showed commercials of a kid dressed as Indy whipping a chair in a lunch room. From there they kept showing all kinds of various commercials for products based on Indy 4 during my son's cartoons. He became fascinated with the whipping and started asking questions. Then, one day, they played the trilogy on cable and he accidentally caught a few minutes of it, immediately recognized Indy and we've been watching my DVDs and skipping the scary parts regularly since.

I don't think a night has gone since that he hasn't gone, "Can we watch Iny-anna Shzones tonight, dad? I've been gooo-oood. I'm finking maybe da twain one, dad. I fink dat would be a pwetty good idea for us to watch." Gets me every time :gun:

As other people's kids do, he also has the make-shift outfit consisting of:

A cheap cowboy hat
A fireman jacket
One of my old belts for the pouch (he doesn't quite get that it's the strap for the puch and actually thinks it's a weird belt that Indy wears :p )
And, of course, the 3' soft whip by Hasbro :whip:

Now instead of swinging on his swingset, he uses the whip to "swing acwoss da wava" :)

funny!!!:D

RyuX13

I wish I saw Indiana Jones as a kid and I wish I knew somebody else in my family that liked Indy..maybe I should introduce it to my nephew and see what he thinks...unfortunately he lives in North Carolina.

PloKoon

Well, I just watched Indiana Jones with my 3 neices and one nephew. I 've never seen them so quite in my entire life whilst they were watching a movie. We saw Temple Doom. This was the perfect movie for them because of all the eye candy, colors, and introduction so some of the best scores of the Indy Franchise, such as the music when on the raft, and of course let's not forget the score of the mining cart scene.

:whip:

PloKoon

I personally liked it the best mainly because the first one had some flowing issues, and tended to drag on a bit. I do get drowsy during the first one. I'd say 2 and 3 almost tie. Then 4, then 1. I will say that the good parts of the first Indy were the best in the franchises i.e the first temple, natives, city scene with swordsman, etc. Like I said, in between the action really did drop like after a caffeine rush.

What can I say ;) I'm nonconformist-- and I'll probably get flamed pretty bad by conformists, but hey- Indy was a nonconformist too.

:whip:

kongisking

My little brother Sam has become hugely into Indy. He loooves the theme music, and-

Ulp! Gotta go! I'll explain later! Sorry!!!:eek:

Nurhachi1991

mutt willams said:
hmmmm i didnt really get it so i thought it was supposed to be funny.....:)

It was a Leonard H. McCoy referance you said Jim so I could not resist. That is a classic Star Trek line its universal " Damnit Jim I'm a doctor not a (insert whatever)

mutt willams

Nurhachi1991 said:
It was a Leonard H. McCoy referance you said Jim so I could not resist. That is a classic Star Trek line its universal " Damnit Jim I'm a doctor not a (insert whatever)

oh ok cool!

blueseattle

I was at a cook out a few weeks ago and a little boy at the park was playing with a whip and wearing a hat. My girlfriend told me to stop staring and laughing, and told the father I'm an Indy fan to the T and the father's like, "So is he." Haha. The kid was like 5.

This is great. New generations!

DiscoLad

My little cousin is an Indy addict form what he saw in theatres...He smokes the action figures...not really...he seemed to like it alot though

Shortie

My 3 year old brother is obsessed with Inee Ones (as he calls it), he's also obsessed with miltary.

I woke up yesterday to him running away & punching the air, with my Lego Indy game on. He was listening to the theme. :p He'll use anything that looks like a whip. He also says his variation on "Start the plane Jock!". He also got some western gun set because it had a revolver in it.

Nurhachi1991

Yesterday I got into a very calm arguement with a women and her son at Wal-mart. I was checking the figures like I always do to see if they had any LC figures. There was a kid id say 10 or 11 that came to the aisle as I was looking and he goes if there is a Henry Sr. in there its mine! I just said humorously " Wanna bet?" and I continued looking well as I moved on to the second shelf he brought his mom to the same aisle and she comes up to me and starts asking me if I was hoarding all the good figures.......... I'm assuming her son told her I took the last Henry Sr. or something like that I just told her no there was not a Henry Sr. in the stack and If there was I would of been out of here by now. They proceed to check the figures along side me and the kid tells me " I bet your not even that big of a fan of Indy you just like it becaus ethere was a new movie out" Now I was not going to rip into him because he was just a kid and his mom was right there so I simply asked him a trivia question. I just asked him in what episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicals did Remy make his first appearance? He told me there was no Young Indy the only Young Indy segment was shown at the begining og Temple Of Doom................... I just had to let that one go and I left once again with no LC figures.