Violet Indy's Marion Gear

Cammy

Hey, that is one gorgeous cosplay!! You make a great Marion! I'd love to see other costumes done! And I never saw you at Supanova. :( We must not have crossed paths. I'll PM you the links of what I was cosplaying as at Supanova. I had two different costumes for each day. Well, three if you count the Preview night but I don't have photos of that one.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Cammy!!:whip: You look awesome as Cammy from Street Fighter! I'm going to try to do Marion's Cairo gear and Mei Ying's gear sometime, soon! As son as Winter Vacation is on.

indyflys_solo

Wow, this is a great thread. I'm starting on my costume now.... :D
Btw, I understand the whole "dressing from a movie and no one understands you" comment. I've done Elsa Schneider (TLC), Ilsa Lund (Casblanca), Elena (The Mask of Zorro), and the Bogey look (trenchcoat, fedora, etc)... no one gets it. People need to watch more GOOD movies! ;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
You've done Elsa? Pics?

Which costume are you working on? A Marion, I hope. I've got my KOTCS Marion gear done but I'm waiting till next weekend where I will be able to get a pic with someone dressed as Indy.

Mickiana

Hi Violet Indy, If you ever need pics with an Indiana, keep me in mind. I'm just waiting on my Aldens and I've got to get a holster, otherwise everything is got! I'm just up in Brisbane and once I have my gear complete I am planning to make a little action shoot in a forest setting either at Mt Glorious and Gold Coast hinterland. Somewhere with pretty lush forest that will resemble the Chachapoyan settings of Raiders. Don't be shy, I'm not a nutter or something as like. I've got a partner and she is into photography so she may be able to help. From what I gather in the threads, you are a film student at Gold Coast Griffith. When, what, how, etc for the short film, well, I don't know. I just need to do something to become Indiana at least for a little while... What do you think?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Adam. :eek: Glad you like. More and better quality photos are coming, just be patient. Now, you know why I so have to be Young Marion from that casting thread! :p

Mickiana: I didn't realise you were from here. I would love to do an Indy short, I just don't know how to fit it in as I'm a final year student in my degree. I study over at QCA in Brisbane and well, I don't own my own camera (kind of what happens when you're paying for train tickets and going to uni). Why don't you go to Supernova next weekend? I'm going there as Marion and there's a guy who is going to cosplay Indy, which is pretty cool so I'll have piccies of that soon. Plus every year pretty much I've been able to track down Indy comics there.

Mickiana

I did some volunteer work in the sculpture department at QCA in 1996 when it was at Seven Hills. Very interesting stuff. I will check out my schedule and see if I can make it to Supernova. As for the short, I will do that eventually. I intend to make it a sort of funny homage I suppose. I don't have any camera gear myself, but I may know someone who can organise some for me. Well, if I make it to Supernova I will try to spot you there. There might be a few Marions and Indys! I might even go in my gear...

indyflys_solo

Violet Indy said:
You've done Elsa? Pics?

Which costume are you working on? A Marion, I hope. I've got my KOTCS Marion gear done but I'm waiting till next weekend where I will be able to get a pic with someone dressed as Indy.

Sorry, no pics for my Elsa... it was the Canyon of the Crescent Moon outfit. Besides, now I've cut my hair to be Marion and it wouldn't look quite right.
I'm working on my Raven bar Marion costume; hopefully I'll have it done in time for KotCS... thanks for your suggestions.

Webley

Violet%20Indy%20as%20Marion.2.bmp

This photo is the best you look like you are ready to punch Indy(y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ok, guys.... why are we posting here? This thread is old! :p

Many thankyou's for the comments: Webley, Doctor Jones'89 and DocWhiskey.:whip:

I didn't manage to get the pics with an Indy in the end, as things didn't work out as planned for Supanova.

I did manage to use this costume again, as a KOTCS Marion costume, which is just adding a brown vest and jacket (there's a thread about it somewhere). It's not the most SA but it gets you close enough and it's cheaper.

I also managed to make a better medallion than the one pictured here, again there's another thread somewhere about that.

But yeah, there's no plans for a new costume as right now I've got other things going on (like car stuff, my 21st birthday coming up and starting up my career). If I ever do it again though the Raven will be the first to know.

DocWhiskey

Haha. I never bothered to look at the dates. I didn't remember the thread. I just assumed it was recent. My bad, Violet.

But i didn't comment on it beforehand.

Better late then never.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
BA-BA-BUMP!!!!

Well, boys and girls, I'm so pleased to say I finally had an Indy group at the recent Gold Coast Supanova!!! I also made a new Marion costume (legit, made it- I made the pants, altered a top, made the sash, painted the sandals and styled the wig myself- I even bought a monkey and made him a vest!). I'll detail the hows and wip pics if people are interested.

Also got my bro in on the act, and put together a Mutt cosplay. The pins aren't screen accurate but if you look closely there is a Disney influence on them. ;)

Stoo

Nice job on the Marion costume, Vio! Whatever you did to modify that blouse, it looks excellent and the monkey doll is a perfect touch.(y)

The best photos are you & Elsa playing tug o' war with Indy and the one with Indy, you & your brother sneaking around behind the bushes. Looks like you had fun.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Nice job on the Marion costume, Vio! Whatever you did to modify that blouse, it looks excellent and the monkey doll is a perfect touch.(y)

The best photos are you & Elsa playing tug o' war with Indy and the one with Indy, you & your brother sneaking around behind the bushes. Looks like you had fun.

Thanks! Yeah this was such a fun group- we had such great people in it.

Re: the blouse- It's actually 3d puff fabric paint. Literally looked up embroidery ref pics on Google, drew them on in pencil and very carefully hand painted it on as well as painting the cuffs and collar. It would have taken me forever if I had actually embroided it and my sewing machine doesn't do embroidery so really didn't have a lot of options. It's come up well in photos I think. I wasn't able to have the frying pan so went with the monkey for fun.