I swoon for Alison Doody!!!

ElsaFan

Alison/Elsa fans, rejoice! Let's take advantage of this topic to swoon for or rave about the lovely, blonde Irish actress! Here you can express your love for the classy, Grace Kelly-like, delightfully genuine lady who played everyone's favorite Aryan seductress Dr. Elsa Schneider in Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade! Feel free to post anything Doody-related (or, almost anything!), including your favorite pictures. Let the madness begin!!!

Luckylighter

Well, since I have this opportunity, I'd just like to reitierate my fetish for Irish women. Something about them gives me rubbery legs, man. I love 'em.

blur

Yeah, the 21 year old Doody of 1989 is pretty spesh. The thirtysomething Doody of today is... erm...

ElsaFan

....is that. Not bad, I'd say......

alison_doody_1.jpg

blur

She's got the anorexic bobble-head look happening. Women who starve themselves - and the society that makes them do it - really bug me.

Joe Brody

. . . Blur may be on to something . . . . I may be wrong on this but I think she was looking a little too thin in that recent group photo with HF and the other leading ladies.

ElsaFan

Even though I know quite a lot about her, I have no idea when her birthday is, except that she was born in 1966. So says the imdb.

blur

Hmmmm, I wonder if that's right? Because she talks about being a bit younger than that when making LC... unless she was exaggerating by saying she was 20/21 around 88/89?

ElsaFan

You know, that's always bugged me too. In interviews, she always says: ?I was 21 and Irish and they were looking for a 28 year-old Austrian?, which would make her birth year 1968. But articles that were printed about her during the promotion of Indy in 1989 state her age as being 24. IMDb.com has 1966, but MSN.com say 1965. Very mysterious!

blur

ElsaFan said:
You know, that's always bugged me too. In interviews, she always says: ?I was 21 and Irish and they were looking for a 28 year-old Austrian?, which would make her birth year 1968. But articles that were printed about her during the promotion of Indy in 1989 state her age as being 24. IMDb.com has 1966, but MSN.com say 1965. Very mysterious!

Doody the Fibber!

Luckylighter

ElsaFan said:

That bothered me too, but then I realized, she meant she was 21 when she got the audition. By the time filming started, she could have been 23 or 24, what with prep time/preproduction. Especially if she was on the back nine of being 21.

I'll bet she was 24 when it was released in 1989. Of course, if I did the math and subtracted 1966 from 1989, I'd have my answer. But I was never good with numbers. :)

Howdy Doody.

I would not kick Fraulein Doody out of MY bed. She wouldn't get in it in to begin with. I must remember to change the sheets at least once a year.:eek: