What's your poison?

Indy Byrd

I am a Jack Daniels man myself. I also like Crown Royal. As far as whiskey goes, Crown is the smoothest I've drunk, and I've drunk a lot. I also like Smirnoff red label. At a party one time I drank butterscoth schops and milk with Vodka mixed. Sounds gross, but it tasted like a loaded butterscotch milkshake!!

Just hit the bar with my coworker.

Started with a Woodchuck on metal's insistence. It's good-- in fact, it's really good. I had scarfed it down way too fast. Though I don't think it's something I'd order regularly. When I grab an alcoholic beverage, I want an alcoholic beverage. I don't want to think I'm drinking apple juice. I enjoyed it-- it's sweet and tasty... but not my preferred style.

I washed that down with my Resurrection standby. Such a fine beer! (y)

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:
Just hit the bar with my coworker.

Started with a Woodchuck on metal's insistence. It's good-- in fact, it's really good. I had scarfed it down way too fast. Though I don't think it's something I'd order regularly. When I grab an alcoholic beverage, I want an alcoholic beverage. I don't want to think I'm drinking apple juice. I enjoyed it-- it's sweet and tasty... but not my preferred style.

I washed that down with my Resurrection standby. Such a fine beer! (y)

Just hit the bar?It's friggin' Tuesday!?! haha Good man!:hat:

Glad to hear you enjoyed woodchuck.I usually drink it with a meal,Damn good stuff.Unfortunetly,With cider you'll get sick (or an ulcer) before you get drunk.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Not a big drinker personally. Though I do have my preferences.

Dranbuie, especially on cold nights. Midori Illusions and vodka mixed with lemonade (lemon lime soda, we just call it lemonade here, it kind of gets lost in translation with the USA).

Not really for beers. I have sipped a few, but doesn't grab me. I prefer lighter drinks and yeah, admittedly what you guys would call girly drinks although, I have seen guys drink the same stuff as me, even when I've gone out.

Actually now that I think about it, it's been a good two months since I last had an alcoholic beverage (it was to celebrate the fact that I finally got my car licence, don't worry I wasn't driving anywhere after that drink!).

metalinvader said:
Just hit the bar?It's friggin' Tuesday!?! haha Good man!:hat:

Glad to hear you enjoyed woodchuck.I usually drink it with a meal,Damn good stuff.Unfortunetly,With cider you'll get sick (or an ulcer) before you get drunk.

I had some wings with it, not to worry. :p

Le Saboteur

Hmm...

I drink scotch; the peatier, the better. Ardbeg Uigeadail is like like licking the bottom of the fireplace, so I typically go with this

caol-ila-18yo-scotch.jpg

For beer

monk_ale.jpg

anchor-steam-beer.jpg

4014952276_b346e1125b.jpg

The motor oil looking one is Pacific Coast Brewery's "Leviathan Imperial Stout," quite possibly the only thing thicker than Guinness that I've come across.

I keep a well stocked bar, and it helps that the Bay Area is chock full of micro-breweries and artisinal spirits manufacturers.

For the Arrogant Bastard fans, my parents live about five minutes from the Stone Brewing Company. Your local Whole Foods should carry it.

metalinvader

Goonie said:
Nobody else likes Crystal Head? I guess no one can afford it. :rolleyes:

I've seen it at one liquor store in my area and they wanted 80 bucks for it.

Thanks but no thanks,I'll stick with your cheapo five dollar store brand vodka!:hat: :p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Not a standby, but one worth ordering...

if you can find it:

RIMG0859.JPG

I'll revisit this thread soon with my top 3 personal favorite poisons...

Dr. Gonzo

This is going to disgust several of you but due to my current financial situation I have been drinking Steel Reserve. It tastes god awful but it gets the job done rather quickly. As for liquor I have always had a taste for Wild Turkey.

metalinvader

Dr. Gonzo said:
This is going to disgust several of you but due to my current financial situation I have been drinking Steel Reserve. It tastes god awful but it gets the job done rather quickly. .

Dude..Really? lol

I've only managed to gingerly drink half of a Steel Reserve 40 and that was in the highlight of my drunken party days.Ugh..You brave soul!

Let me ask you something.....For the same price you could buy some PBR.(Which for a cheap beer is pretty good)So,Why are you sticking with Steel Reserve?!! lol:p

adventure_al

Take it from a Scotsman! Drinking is in the blood!

Pilsner Urquell draught cannot be beaten! It's responsible for creating pilsner as we know it. simply superb.

Goonie

Anybody try Swish? It's made from potatoes I believe. :rolleyes:

*Warning: Foul language, hey it's the Trailer Park Boys afterall! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

metalinvader said:
Dude..Really? lol

I've only managed to gingerly drink half of a Steel Reserve 40 and that was in the highlight of my drunken party days.Ugh..You brave soul!

Let me ask you something.....For the same price you could buy some PBR.(Which for a cheap beer is pretty good)So,Why are you sticking with Steel Reserve?!! lol:p

Well it's all relative... I happen to live next to a liquor store that sells Steel Reserve (24 ounce tall cans) for a buck twenty five. For that reason and that reason alone I have made steel reserve my beer of choice for the past year. I can only drink it when its ice cold though... any warmer and it tastes like bum urine mixed with gutter water. PBR while a great american beverage can't "move me" the way that Steel can. I hate the stuff but I love it too. 5% beers just don't do it for me any more. I know, its awful.

Finally found Arrogant Bastard. Enjoyed it a lot. Reminds me of the Raison d'etre I mentioned.

And by the way-- my faithful Resurrection may have seen its last sip by me-- I was out on a date with my childhood crush on Friday and damn Rezzies took all recollection of it from me... I know I had fun, but those memories ain't rising back up any time soon... :(

...ok... so I won't give up on Rezzies that easily, but dammit, they betrayed me. :sick:

My pal and fellow Lebowski enthusiast has been insisting for months now that I try a White Russian.

So I went out tonight, bought some Kahlua and Vodka and did just that.

....these things are bloody addicting...

Also, I should say that that night of Rezzies and childhood crushes (that stripper I mentioned in another thread...) has come back in fragments over the last few months.

...it was DEFINITELY a good night...

:D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
bulleit-bourbon.jpg

This stuff, Bulleit Bourbon frontier whiskey. 90 proof. It's got a high rye content, for a bourbon, so it's got some of that spiciness to it. Great with a cigar.