Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Billy Ray

We should have our new wi-fi up and running in the next day or two, possibly tonight...can't wait to see all these pics! It sounds like I have my work cut out for me though if I hope to maintain the same level oh photo-awesomeness.

Stoo

Aaah...Malta!

"Finally made it to Malta. This is where that crazy swan dropped me off! Inside the ruins of an old church."

Indy_Malta_Valetta_01.jpg

"Now I just need to find my hotel..."

Indy_Malta_Valetta_02.jpg

Le Saboteur said:
The shoot was, well, lacking. Since this was just a slingshot out to Billy Ray, I didn't really get too involved in it. I'll wait for Indy's return trip to really sink my teeth into the project!

That said, it was fun! There's a definitely learning curve to the figure, and to the photography. Given Indy's size, it definitely takes some creative framing to at at least attempt to make it relative to the surroundings. Some things though, just won't give no matter how much I tried. Maybe I'll have better luck when I have more time with the figure.
Holding him at arm's length is the best solution for the hand-held shots if there's no place for the figure to stand. My biggest fear was dropping Indy in a place where he would've been impossible to retrieve. The chances of losing him were too numerous to count!:eek: Another tricky thing is keeping your hand out of the frame. Looking forward to your next attempts...
Le Saboteur said:
It's been windy out on the Bay this past week, and as such the chop was extra... choppy. Fortunately, no real threats of Indy falling over this time! Though, while I was attempting to capture the classic Otis Redding shot, a seagull was looking overly interested so I passed on it for now.
Ha ha. Swans, seagulls...what next? Actually, a photo of a gull tyring to grab Indy would be cool. You can use him as bait! One of you Bay Area guys HAS to get a photo of Indy with all those stinky seals that hang out at one of the wharves! (Is it Fisherman's Wharf?)

P.S. I'm also following your cue and putting Indy's quips in italics.;)

@Billy Ray: That's good news! I'm sure you'll let know us know as soon as Indy arrives. Can't wait!:D

inky_skin

Looking good chaps ! Apologies for not commenting on recent excellent work sooner but have been called away to London. Keep it up ! Revised itinerary and updated map posted on my return...

If its not too late I'd love to give Indy a tour of London, the British Museum etc, might be able to get him out to Stonehenge.. I've a feeling its too late though..

Lance Quazar

Stoo,

Your pictures have gotten amazing and those Malta locations are superb! I hope you and Indy enjoyed your trip, it looks terrific!!

inky_skin

Jeremiah Jones said:
If its not too late I'd love to give Indy a tour of London, the British Museum etc, might be able to get him out to Stonehenge.. I've a feeling its too late though..

Jeremiah - it's not too late at all. Indy will be returning to me in the UK (Devon) before being installed in The Ravenwood Museum at the end of his journey (likely sometime early next year). If you don't mind being near the bottom of the list, we'd be pleased to have you on board - let me know ASAP...

Stoo

"The Malta Heritage Society said they'd have a choice of cars waiting for me at the hotel but I didn't expect these! I'll take the 1st one, a 1946 Chevy Fleetline Sportmaster Sedan...and I even like the color!"

Indy_Malta_Valetta_03.jpg

"This is the view from my hotel, The Grand Excelsior. Not too bad. Time to explore the town before I make my way to the fort..."

Indy_Malta_Valetta_04.jpg

Jeremiah Jones said:
Oh, Jeremiah, the museum is an excellent idea. Get a shot of Indy with the CRYSTAL SKULL!

Lance Quazar said:
Your pictures have gotten amazing and those Malta locations are superb! I hope you and Indy enjoyed your trip, it looks terrific!!
Thanks, Lance but they're about to get worse. The Malta pics are back to Fuzzy Indy and a bit anti-climactic. I'm trying to pick out the best shots. Things improve on the final Swiss leg, though!

(For some non-Indy pictures, check out the Malta thread. Only a few there but I may post more.)

@Inky: No apologies necessary. Thanks for chiming in and looking forward to the updated map.:hat:

Yeah, its no problem at all being at the bottom of the list, Crystal Skull, Henry Snrs house, what else Indy related is in London... hmm. I'm getting excited now. I'll PM you my address :whip:

inky_skin

Jeremiah Jones said:
Yeah, its no problem at all being at the bottom of the list, Crystal Skull, Henry Snrs house, what else Indy related is in London... hmm. I'm getting excited now. I'll PM you my address :whip:

How about Tilbury Docks (doubled for Venice in the Last Crusade boat chase). Or does Herbert Johnsons still exist somewhere in the city ?

inky_skin

XanaduMel said:
Such an awesome idea! :D

is it too late to sign up?

Not at all ! I need to update the list soon - but I won't have web access for the rest of this week. However, consider yourself to be on it...

XanaduEli

inky_skin said:
Not at all ! I need to update the list soon - but I won't have web access for the rest of this week. However, consider yourself to be on it...

sweet,im not sure if il be definatly available to take part, because i have exams to study for,il hopefully be available, because its the summer holidays in a week on friday,

il let you know if im not available :whip:

Stoo

More Malta with Mini-ana Jones

"I'm about to enter the city gate to Valetta but want to take a closer look at these ramparts first."
(Good photo opportunity missed here. Seeing it now, I could've had Indy petting or feeding the horse.:mad:)

Indy_Malta_Valetta_07.jpg

"Valetta is on a peninsula with Fort Saint Elmo at the tip. The city and its surrounding area is fortified by ramparts, built in the late 1500s after The Great Siege of Malta. Look at the size of that thing!"

Indy_Malta_Valetta_08.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:
Is that a 1934 FORD at the far left?
It does resemble a mid-30s FORD but it's something else. The front end is quite different (bumper, fenders and especially the grille). Frankly, I don't know what it is.:confused: Very mysterious...
Jeremiah Jones said:
Yeah, its no problem at all being at the bottom of the list, Crystal Skull, Henry Snrs house, what else Indy related is in London... hmm. I'm getting excited now. I'll PM you my address:whip:
How about this tourist favourite: The steps to the embankment on the Thames at the northwest end of Westminister Bridge w/Big Ben in the background. As you know, Indy & Remy are there at the very beginning of the London episode.

@Billy Ray: It's been a week since Le Saboteur mailed the figure. Hopefully, you'll receive it in a couple of days.:) Can you see the pics now with your new setup?

XanaduEli

XanaduMel said:
sweet,im not sure if il be definatly available to take part, because i have exams to study for,il hopefully be available, because its the summer holidays in a week on friday,

il let you know if im not available :whip:

just checked with my parents,im afraid im going to be too busy to take part :(

Billy Ray

I can see the pics now...great stuff! We already had mail call today, but I will be keeping an eye out for him. Hopefully he will be here before Sunday (my day off), then I can spend all day with him...umm, that doesn't sound weird right?

Stoo

"The main street of Valetta, Triq Ir-Repubblika (Republic Street). You can barely see the city gate in the background. I've gotta find a shop that has a decent map. The one the hotel provided doesn't cover a very large area. Now...is it me or does that fellow in the brown shirt have a big head?"

Indy_Malta_Valetta_09.jpg

"Fort St. Angelo, across the Grand Harbour from Valetta. This was the main site of one of the most ferocious & bloodiest battles in history, the Siege of Malta in 1565. Greatly outnumbered, the KnightS of Malta (along with help from Spanish army and the Maltese people) held off the invading Turks for 4 months. We're talking about 7,500 against possibly 40,000 and they won!"

Indy_Malta_Valetta_10.jpg

@XanaduMel: Since inky_skin will be away this week, I'll just let you know that the figure will not likely be returning to the UK this summer. The projection is that he'll make it back to the British Isles late in the year or early 2011.

@Billy Ray: Good that you can now see the pics. I know you can't leave the base but are you anywhere near the Khyber Pass?

I have to say how great this is...we're sending Indy on a new adventure! Now if we could think up some type of narrative to link it all together, (like Stoo is already doing).

If we do, I would say Indy's adventures and misadventures, if only to get to a job interview (or a class on time!) at the Ravenwood Museum could be entertaining. Just so we all have one recurring thought at each of his destinations...

Interactive Indy Adventure indeed!;)

Billy Ray

LOL, I told my wife about this whole thing and she had this to say:

I LOVE IT! This is really interesting. I'm not done reading about his travels yet, but I'm hooked. Let me know when you get him and be sure to send me pics too. Is there anyway you can borrow someone's "good" camera?
I know yours might not take the best pictures. Maybe Indy can fall in the poo pond? Just kidding!!! He'd probably melt like the guy who looked at the ark!

Hehe...

@Stoo Not sure if I am or not, will have to have a look at the map.