The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
Were there <I>any</I> Hills stores left in New York, New Jersey, or even Connecticut by the early 1990s?
Yesterday, someone posted this below on my YouTube channel. (Don't know where he is from, though). While it doesn't really answer your question, Attila, I felt it might be worth mentioning.
Fektthis said:
thanks for shopping at hills. boy that dates this thing as much as the date on it. they didn't last much longer than this series did. loved the series tho

INCUBUSRATM

Stoo, so it was you who got me to come this way to the forum! I started watching TYIJC and did some looking around online and heard about the Old Indy bookends. I figured someone had uploaded them to YouTube, and sure enough I found your uploads. Then a comment got me here. Great videos, thanks for uploading! I am so thankful for the Internet and what it has become, because otherwise I might not have been able to satisfy my curiosity about the Old Indy clips that were cut!

Stoo

Hi, Incubus. Glad you found your way over here and that you enjoyed the Old Indy uploads.:hat:

Please note: The dates & places on the Old Indy clips are fake but designed to imitate the original titles. The dates (apart from the Transylvania bookends) are based on the broadcast airdates and the locations are conjecture, based upon information taken from the bookends as a whole.

There are still 2 more to upload but I've been saving them for a rainy day...

WELCOME to THE RAVEN! Where the whip-cracking never stops!:whip:

INCUBUSRATM

Stoo said:
Hi, Incubus. Glad you found your way over here and that you enjoyed the Old Indy uploads.:hat:

Please note: The dates & places on the Old Indy clips are fake but designed to imitate the original titles. The dates (apart from the Transylvania bookends) are based on the broadcast airdates and the locations are conjecture, based upon information taken from the bookends as a whole.

There are still 2 more to upload but I've been saving them for a rainy day...

WELCOME to THE RAVEN! Where the whip-cracking never stops!:whip:

Thanks for the information and the welcome! So far I'm loving it here!

Hey Stoo, when do you think you'll be ready to upload the next edition of The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles? You've mentioned you're saving them for a rainy day, what qualifies? The end of the world? Suffice to say, as the meteors rain down and the ocean slowly rises, and allowing that my internet connection still survives, then at least the apocolypse will have a silver lining...

Still though. Apart from the deaths of us all, I am looking forward to seeing what Indy's up to next. :hat:

patchcamel

I am new to The Raven and Stoo, I just wanted to say thanks for uploading the bookends of Old Indy. I never got to see the series when it was new, so this was my first time seeing George Hall as old Indy. I have all three of the DVD collections of TYIJC and really wish they had left these in there, but since they didn't I am glad you were able to upload them for all to enjoy! You definitley possess the spirit of Indy sir!:hat:

Stoo

INCUBUSRATM said:
Thanks for the information and the welcome! So far I'm loving it here!
Good to hear, Incubus! Hopefully, you will stick around.:)
patchcamel said:
I am new to The Raven and Stoo, I just wanted to say thanks for uploading the bookends of Old Indy. I never got to see the series when it was new, so this was my first time seeing George Hall as old Indy. I have all three of the DVD collections of TYIJC and really wish they had left these in there, but since they didn't I am glad you were able to upload them for all to enjoy! You definitley possess the spirit of Indy sir!:hat:
Really glad that you enjoyed the bookends, PatchCamel. To a large number of fans, the portrayal of Old Indy is not ideal but I think the segments are special because they add another dimension to the TV stories (and have now been relegated into the 'rare footage' category...which makes them extra special).

Welcome to The Raven, Patchcamel.:whip:
Jeremiah Jones said:
Hey Stoo, when do you think you'll be ready to upload the next edition of The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles? You've mentioned you're saving them for a rainy day, what qualifies? The end of the world? Suffice to say, as the meteors rain down and the ocean slowly rises, and allowing that my internet connection still survives, then at least the apocolypse will have a silver lining...
Hi, Jeremiah.:hat: Good to see/read you again! The rainy day is approaching but, unfortunately, there has been a setback (my computer was stolen a few months ago) so I need to rebuild certain elements. (The Peking 1910/Thanksgiving bookends are ready to go but they will be the LAST.)
Jeremiah Jones said:
Still though. Apart from the deaths of us all, I am looking forward to seeing what Indy's up to next.:hat:
Here is what Old Indy is up to next:

StooTV_14_Medium.jpg

Stoo

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 14

Some of you may have watched the French version posted on YouTube by Bestbuyextras221 but at long last...Here it is in English.

Old Indy is hanging out at a seedy bar and his story brings tears to the eyes of a tough, biker chick.

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 14

(I only had a grainy recording of the episode in French so many thanks to Fommes for providing me with the English version for this RARE episode.)

InexorableTash

Hey Stoo - when I try and watch the Old Indy videos on YouTube from either my iPhone or iPad, I get a popup: "The author of this video does not allow playback on iPad". Is there an option you need to set to allow transcoding?

Stoo

@ Demitasse: You are very welcome, HalfCup! 'Twas LONG overdue but the rainy day finally arrived. It was raining here as well.;)

@ Falcon: Glad you appreciated it, Mr. Falcon. I realize now that what I should have done was use the English audio and combine it with the French video in order to get an English version without subtitles.:mad:

@ Rocket Surgeon: My pleasure, boy-O. Hey, Rocket, it's another New Jersey chapter!;) (So is the forthcoming Part 15.)

@ InexorableTash: Hmm...Under the 'Syndication' tab, there are these 2 options:

-Yes, make this video available on mobile phones and TV. Note, the video may not be available on all devices due to copyright or licensing issues.
-No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV.

I've had them all set to the "No" option but changed it to "Yes" for Part 14. Try watching it now and see if it works. (If so, I'll change the others.)

===
FOR THE RECORD, the person to thank for the "Florence" bookends is Fommes since he provided the English version. Without him, my collection would not be complete so...Hats off to Fommes!:hat:

What inspired me to upload this chapter was seeing a dark green, 1952 Plymouth drive by last week. It was EXACTLY the same as Old Indy's and, believe or not, the driver was even wearing a brimmed hat! This is something you don't see driving down the road everyday and the fact that it (a 60 year old American car) was over here in Switzerland made it even more freaky.

The next pair of bookends (and LAST in The Old Indy Chronicles:() takes place on American Thanksgiving, so expect to see them in 3 months (November 24th to be precise).

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
I've had them all set to the "No" option but changed it to "Yes" for Part 14. Try watching it now and see if it works. (If so, I'll change the others.)

Success! Please apply the change to the other chapters.

AnnieJones

Thank you so much for uploading this video Stoo! :hat: I was waiting so patiently and I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait. (y)

Stoo

AnnieJones said:
Thank you so much for uploading this video Stoo! :hat: I was waiting so patiently and I guess it's true that good things come to those who wait. (y)
Very welcome, Annie. You waited patiently for a whole year!:eek: Last summer, 2010, I went to Florence for the 1st time so I've found a new appreciation for Old Indy's dialogue when he says:

"Florence, Italy. The most romantic city where everyone was in love with someone...or maybe just in love with love."
InexorableTash said:
Success! Please apply the change to the other chapters.
Done. Let me know if you have any probelms with the others, Tash.:)

QUESTION TO ALL: What game of pool/billiards is being played? 9 balls in a diamond-shaped pattern. Low balls (1-8) on the outside + a high ball (9) in the centre.:confused:

WilliamBoyd8

Stoo, Thanks for posting the "Old Indy" clips.

I was surprised to see Jane Wyatt appear in one, I remember her from "Lost Horizon".

Indy had a cat?

:)

Stoo

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Stoo, Thanks for posting the "Old Indy" clips.

I was surprised to see Jane Wyatt appear in one, I remember her from "Lost Horizon".
You're welcome, Mr. Boyd.:) Yes, Jane Wyatt. It's been ages since I've seen "Lost Horizon", but during an overseas flight recently, I saw her in a rare western, "Canadian Pacific" from 1949, where she played the love interest of famous cowboy actor, Randolph Scott. She is probably the only actress/actor of note to appear in any of the Old Indy segments.
WilliamBoyd8 said:
Indy had a cat?
Indy having a cat makes me laugh, especially since its name is Henry. Speaking of which...

The bookends at the psychiatrist's office, where he talks about trying to get his cat down from a tree, is the only time where the name, "Indiana Jones", is mentioned...and it's he, himself, who says it. (Though, in the "London" bookends, Old Vicky/Jane Wyatt does indeed call him, Indy.)

Everyone else calls him, Dr. Jones, Professor Jones, Mr. Jones, Henry, Dad, Grandpa, Gramps, Sir, Mister, Mack, Dude, Old Man, Old-Timer, Old Coot, etc....but never "Indiana".

By the time the '90s rolled around, Indiana Jones had become a forgotten hero.:(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
The bookends at the psychiatrist's office, where he talks about trying to get his cat down from a tree, is the only time where the name, "Indiana Jones", is mentioned...and it's he, himself, who says it. (Though, in the "London" bookends, Old Vicky/Jane Wyatt does indeed call him, Indy.)

Everyone else calls him, Dr. Jones, Professor Jones, Mr. Jones, Henry, Dad, Grandpa, Gramps, Sir, Mister, Mack, Dude, Old Man, Old-Timer, Old Coot, etc....but never "Indiana".

By the time the '90s rolled around, Indiana Jones had become a forgotten hero.:(

Kind of like KOTCS when you think about it.... Maybe George was turning Harrison Indy into George Hall Old Indy in a way, you know hinting at it.

Stoo

Violet said:
Kind of like KOTCS when you think about it.... Maybe George was turning Harrison Indy into George Hall Old Indy in a way, you know hinting at it.
I'd like to think so (but know that many people wouldn't). How cool would it be if a 5th film eventually gets made and it shows Indy already wearing an eye patch?

Hey, OldIndy2323, what did you think about my Staten Island theory? (Post #420)