Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)

Goodsport

The entire eight-episode first season debuted on Thursday, August 30th on Amazon Prime. A second season has already been ordered.

I've watched the first five episodes so far as of this posting and am quite enjoying it. :) The story is moving along a little more slowly than in past Tom Clancy onscreen iterations, but that's to be expected over an eight-hour series as compared to the previous theatrical two-hour movies.

For those whose memories of NBC's The Office are still somewhat fresh, you might be forgiven to think at first that it simply features a CIA Jim Halpert. However, John Krasinski does a good job as CIA analyst Jack Ryan, especially when paired up with Wendell Pierce's James Greer.

All in all, I can't wait to complete watching the rest of this season's episodes. :cool:

Though if you do prefer a CIA Jim Halpert :D...

-G

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Season 2 and 3 trailers. Perhaps the 4th and final season will reveal John Krasinski is actually Jack Ryan Jr., and his father shows up? Probably not portrayed by Alec Baldwin these days, or Chris Pine who is a year younger. (By the way, I've kept up with the legacy novels by Mark Greaney and Marc Cameron. Time seemed to stop in year 7 of Jack Ryan's presidency.)