Toy Fair Coverage

Vlad Dracula

I took another look at them and it looks pretty obvious to me they are just hand painted prototype samples and not production level figures done with paint masks. There is just no comparison in paint quality of the factory painted 3 3/4 inch SW and Joe figures.

Deckard

JimmyPSHayes said:
Man, Hasbro's getting all my money this year. Between this line and GI Joe, I'm gonna go broke. Can't wait to start seeing some Toy Fair pics!

Really? Since seeing this stuff I've realized how much Extra $$ ill have from not buying so many of them. Ill pick up Indy and the horse, Nothing else looks good as far as im concerned. Hopefully this will change bewtween now and production.

And im not talking paint apps, Im talking about sloppy molding. Look at the KOTCS Indy's whip and hat, look at the skull, All suffer deformity for how they were pulled from the molds. No thanks.

deckard24

Deckard said:
Really? Since seeing this stuff I've realized how much Extra $$ ill have from not buying so many of them. Ill pick up Indy and the horse, Nothing else looks good as far as im concerned. Hopefully this will change bewtween now and production.

And im not talking paint apps, Im talking about sloppy molding. Look at the KOTCS Indy's whip and hat, look at the skull, All suffer deformity for how they were pulled from the molds. No thanks.
Yeah this might be a blessing in disguise, since I was really going to strive to hold back on buying a lot of the 3 3/4" line, and spend my money on Sideshow and other collectibles. If I see a Hasbro 3 3/4" figure I really like, such as the German soldier on the motorcycle, I'll pick it up! But, if they all look this crappy, I'm passing for sure!

The_Raiders

Well if their prototypes of course they look crappy, waht prototype doesn't? I'm sure the real deal will look alot better (y)

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
Well if their prototypes of course they look crappy, waht prototype doesn't? I'm sure the real deal will look alot better (y)

Prototypes from all other companies who realise when your prototype looks like **** it isnt going to sell.

Im pretty sure if Howard Hughes made the Spruce Goose Prototype out of oragami the government would have told him to get lost.

Gentle Giant's Indy :
IndyJonesactionfigure.jpg

Final Product :
2.jpg

As you can see Gentle Giant is a company that cares about quality not qauntity.

The_Raiders

I acually didn't think the pics of the new figures looked too bad. i like them. And I'm almost posative the real product will look good.

metalinvader

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Toy_Fair_2008_Indiana_Jones_Update_112392.asp

Temple of Doom figures are coming. The Thugee Guard (of LJN infamy) will be part of wave 4.

Wave 1 is confirmed to have the following figures: Super-articulated Indy with idol, Indy (Streets of Cairo), Marion (Streets of Cairo), Sallah, Cairo Swordsman, Belloq in Ceremonial Robe and the Monkey Man.

Deluxe figures will include a Nazi Soldier 2 pack, Nazi on Motorcycle, Indy with tree base, Indy with Arabian Horse

Vehicles include the Desert Convoy Truck and a Jeep with Rocket launcher. The DCT's packaging can be used to create a diorma backdrop of the scene and comes with crates.

Playsets - The Star Wars Musafar playset has been reworked and updated for the Indy theme and will come with a naitive and Indy figures.

12-inch figures will be more kid oriented and will have action features. There will be a mail away Ark promotion.

Mighty Mugs have been confirmed

Role Play weapons have been confirmed

Adventure Heroes 2 packs have been confirmed. The will bea mail-away Indy on Arabian Horse promotion.

So,TOD in wave four?!?! YES!!

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
I acually didn't think the pics of the new figures looked too bad. i like them. And I'm almost posative the real product will look good.

Well to each his own but I know 4 yr olds that could have done better paint apps by hand or not, these are going to Toyfair. The biggest thing for toys. And you let them go looking like crap... Bad call. Its like if George Clooney showed up to the oscars in a bathrobe and sombrero.

metalinvader

Deckard said:
Well to each his own but I know 4 yr olds that could have done better paint apps by hand or not, these are going to Toyfair. The biggest thing for toys. And you let them go looking like crap... Bad call. Its like if George Clooney showed up to the oscars in a bathrobe and sombrero.

Well,We don't know if the figures pictured are the figures on display at toyfair.These were just pics from Hasbro.For all we know better painted samples could have been on display.Guess we'll have to wait a few more hours when the pics come flooding in!

Shortie

The jacket Indy looks crap. Hopefully that isn't the final product, also hopefully the guy who sculpted VOTC Han gets to do Indys.

Billy Ray

Temple of Doom figures are coming. The Thugee Guard (of LJN infamy) will be part of wave 4.

Yay! I knew they wouldn't let us down(y)

Details fo wave 3 from Wizard story:
You’ve seen the first wave of Indiana Jones figures, based on Raiders of the Lost Ark, but the second wave is all based on the next film: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. .... allowing Wave 3 to get back to the classic stuff, including Henry Jones Sr., Elsa, the Grail Knight and Young Indy, played by River Phoenix!

I took out the KOTCS details in case they are considered spoilers.

Last edited:

metalinvader

More toyfair info in regards to mailaways..
http://www.yakface.com/?file=features/toyfair2008/toyfairnews.htm

The promos are as follows:

4 basic figure UPCs = an undisclosed "Cheif" figures from the new movie "KOTCS"

4 12" UPCs = Ark of the Covanent = Vac-metalized gold with lid, handles etc.

4 Heroes UPCs = Indy on white Horse hero

These 3 mailaway items will not be available at retail.

Well,In regards to the 'Cheif' figure,We do know that it is the 'Crystal skeleton' since we've seen the redemption slips..I wonder what they mean by 'cheif'.:confused:

The_Raiders

Why r alot of people ragin on hasbros new figures? I like them and the ones in stores will most likly look better than what we're seeing. :confused:

metalinvader

The_Raiders said:
Why r alot of people ragin on hasbros new figures? I like them and the ones in stores will most likly look better than what we're seeing. :confused:

It's the paint jobs people don't like.I'll admit,The paint jobs do suck but I'm pretty sure these are hand painted samples and I know the final product will look 100x better.

In other news,I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Shortie

The Indy head sculpts besides Cairo & Deluxe Tree Swinging are sucky. Though Mutt's head sculpts are awesome. (y)

Deckard

The_Raiders said:

Bcuz were all afraid that the first major Indy Toy Line in years could be killed by poor quality.

The_Raiders

metalinvader said:
It's the paint jobs people don't like.I'll admit,The paint jobs do suck but I'm pretty sure these are hand painted samples and I know the final product will look 100x better.

In other news,I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Same here, I feel and think the same thing but no one else likes them and I don't think ther're as bad as everyone makes them out to be

metalinvader

Shortie said:
The Indy head sculpts besides Cairo & Deluxe Tree Swinging are sucky. Though Mutt's head sculpts are awesome. (y)

Yeah,Mutts head sculpt is dead on.Looks like a real good figure.Well,At least the one with the jacket does!:p

tnswman

The_Raiders said:

Is this everyone's 1st toy fair??? Really... you do realize that hese are painted wax Prototypes right? the final product will be just as good as SW and Joe... All of their EARLY stuff looks like this!

Have a little faith...If you can't have that, educate yourselves on the prototype workings compared to the retail re;ease.