New Acquisitions!!

Arab Swordsman

I got tired of hitting every store in my area for the Jungle Cutter (our Targets are about worthless) so I ordered it online Wednesday night. I should have it by Wednesday!

tnswman

bonoferox said:
Stopped by WalMart on my way home yesterday to look for the Jungle Cutter and found none. But I did see a dad with his two kids. They were each buying a deluxe German Officer pack and each had an Indy figure...it was beautiful.

Ahhhhh, I have seen this site MANY times since the 1st....No matter what people believe, Indy toys are selling and selling to ALL ages! I mean the Nic channels run at least ONE Indy commercial each time they go to break.

As far as the paint apps, I will just take a pic of my latest Spalko tonight to let people see what the new paint apps are...They are tighter and more defined.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
I got tired of hitting every store in my area for the Jungle Cutter (our Targets are about worthless) so I ordered it online Wednesday night. I should have it by Wednesday!

That's crazy dawg....I thought they were getting around well..Are you missing it somehow you think?

Marty Jones

I only saw the jungle cutter for the first time yesterday at Toys "R" Us and picked it up. It looks like the box was sliced on top just barely by a box cutter when one of the stockers opened it up. It's only really a surface cut though and wasn't deep enough to hurt the insert, so I decided to get it anyway (it'll be coming out of that box at some point anyhow). :whip:

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
That's crazy dawg....I thought they were getting around well..Are you missing it somehow you think?

C'mon Randy Jackson, you know me...I've been to the Wal Mart and Target where I work every day this week, the Target at my house each day, the other Wal Mart at my house twice this week, and TRU twice this week. No dice anywhere. They have been restocking the figures at a nice clip at all the stores but the vehicles have been slim pickings.

I'm in PA so it's possible they haven't gotten this far East yet. I've seen every figure, every Deluxe, all the AH, the 12" figures, all the games, the whip, etc. but the vehicles have been the worse stocked items at my stores. After my initial purchase on the 1st I've only seen 1 truck and one troop car at all the stores.

Marty Jones

Vehicles haven't been so easy to find out this way either. I found one of each of the troop car and cargo truck a few weeks back at a Wal*Mart that's about an hour away (I didn't buy the cargo truck because the tape was cut on one side). Later on, a few days ago at K-Mart I found one troop car (overpriced and I already have one). Lastly, yesterday I found one of each of the troop car and the jungle cutter at Toys "R" Us (picked up the jungle cutter). Other than that, vehicles haven't been so plentiful around here.

Webley&Whip

...what I was saying, before my dog threw herself up onto my lap, which contained our laptop, and shut it down: I am surprised that they didn't include the Cairo Thug 2-pack in Wave 2 of the Deluxe figures and release the German with Motorcycle with the LC wave 3.

Wouldn't it make sense to include it in a Deluxe wave with other Deluxe sets from the LC? For example, they could do Indy and/or Henry cycle w/ sidecar, suited Indy with Knight's coffin, Indy or Henry with spinning fireplace, etc.

I hope we get Deluxe figures with the TOD wave 4. A mine car is a no brainer. I playset - deluxe set, ala the pitfall, of Tuxedo Indy with rolling gong would be cool.

bonoferox

Nice reviews, Michael!
Looks like I'll end up getting the Swordsman after all.

May have to disagree with your strong distaste for Marion, though. While not one of the strongest, it's a vast improvement over the Disney version debacle and fits in fine for the most part, IMO.

michael crawfor

Well, maybe if I could find one anywhere that doesn't have googly eyes. Still, I hate the posed legs and oversized frying pan. And now I have two of her!

bonoferox

Yeah, out of the three or four I've seen, I've only seen one with a near-perfect paint application (and yes, it's the one I picked up :))

Billy Ray

Broke down and finally picked up a deluxe German Soldier 2-pack. Wasn't planning on it but, since my wife got me the cargo truck, I figures I needed some more troops to ride in it.

Also picked up a second deluxe Indy Pitfall as it has a beautiful paint job! Can't really describe it, but he looks either thoroughly pissed off or seriously intense. I plan to use this head on either my customized Cairo Indy or customized Raiders Indy w/jacket. Haven't decided which. Pics when I get home.

Not sure what I will do with a second pit trap though...maybe I can have my Cemetary Warrior climbing on the tree branch...

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
C'mon Randy Jackson, you know me...I've been to the Wal Mart and Target where I work every day this week, the Target at my house each day, the other Wal Mart at my house twice this week, and TRU twice this week. No dice anywhere. They have been restocking the figures at a nice clip at all the stores but the vehicles have been slim pickings.

I'm in PA so it's possible they haven't gotten this far East yet. I've seen every figure, every Deluxe, all the AH, the 12" figures, all the games, the whip, etc. but the vehicles have been the worse stocked items at my stores. After my initial purchase on the 1st I've only seen 1 truck and one troop car at all the stores.

LOL!! being as I know you like I do..I was being sarcastic...LOL!

They have to be hitting close cause we have them here in TN

metalinvader

After hitting a few stores today,Just about every store was restocked.Every figure had amazing paint jobs to boot.I picked up a few more Russian Soldiers too.

Still no Jungle Cutter!:mad:

Billy Ray

Forgot to mention that I did spot the Jungle Cutter today as well, at Target. I passed for now, hopefully not shooting myself in the foot.

BTW, Michael, without going into a full blown review, what do you think of the DVD case? I'm contemplating searching for one myself, but don't really want to drive all over town looking for one if it's not worth it.

tnswman

Webley&Whip said:
...what I was saying, before my dog threw herself up onto my lap, which contained our laptop, and shut it down: I am surprised that they didn't include the Cairo Thug 2-pack in Wave 2 of the Deluxe figures and release the German with Motorcycle with the LC wave 3.

Wouldn't it make sense to include it in a Deluxe wave with other Deluxe sets from the LC? For example, they could do Indy and/or Henry cycle w/ sidecar, suited Indy with Knight's coffin, Indy or Henry with spinning fireplace, etc.

I hope we get Deluxe figures with the TOD wave 4. A mine car is a no brainer. I playset - deluxe set, ala the pitfall, of Tuxedo Indy with rolling gong would be cool.

The Deluxe sets will probably follow a more toy fair line of offering..That is offer them once a year and showcase them at Toy fair so Hasbro can generate more front end sales.

tnswman

metalinvader said:
After hitting a few stores today,Just about every store was restocked.Every figure had amazing paint jobs to boot.I picked up a few more Russian Soldiers too.

Still no Jungle Cutter!:mad:

Our Wal-mart hit their 4th re-stock today of the most current 2 waves of single and Deluxe figures...the 3rd re-stock lasted 4 days before a Ciaro Swordsman and Cemetary Warrior sat on the pegs...The paint apps are all of the new quality.

michael crawfor

Billy Ray said:
Forgot to mention that I did spot the Jungle Cutter today as well, at Target. I passed for now, hopefully not shooting myself in the foot.

BTW, Michael, without going into a full blown review, what do you think of the DVD case? I'm contemplating searching for one myself, but don't really want to drive all over town looking for one if it's not worth it.

I opened it quickly last night to ensure it wasn't broken. I haven't put the various pieces together yet (you attach the hat and whip yourself), but it does look very nice. It's larger than you expect, even when you realize it will hold four dvds. I was a little disappointed in the paint though, which I thought was a bit cheap looking for something in the $50 range. Perhaps once I get the hat and whip on it and have a little more time to look at it, it will impress me a bit more.