Indy 4 on DVD

OhioJones

I will definatley be getting this edition:
indy4dvd2disc.jpg

For one, it's 2-disc and for two it's a cooler cover IMHO.

And for anyone worried about the box set, just drop the bonus disc out of your original trilogy box-set and you got all four in a nice box.

iLUVINDY

indyclone25 said:
nothing yet. but most likely be the special edition dvds from earlier this year and the single disc of kotcs in the gift set

STOP SAYING THAT!!! IVE TOLD YOU LIKE 4 TIMES THAT ITS ALREADY CONFIRMED ITS THE 2-DISC EDITION :mad: :mad: JK

IndyKate

AlivePoet said:
True, they got the title of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" wrong on the side of the box.

Do you mean by calling it "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?" Because that is the same title used in the first box-set of DVDs. (My computer won't blow up the pic large enough for me to see any other typos)

To me, the photo looks off because it's just some pathetic concept art, some image that is being used until they release the actual box art for the set.

Last edited:

Gustav

Thank you, mysterious sharkbaby.

I agree with torao, looking at that box is like looking at Tony Little. It just doesn't look right. It must be that they have each movie's poster art on it and the lines are skewed. It looks like a cheap 4-in-one movie case that they sell at walmart. Oh, ****.

tony_little_gazelle_freestyle_1.jpg

AnImaginaryBoy

Sorry if this has bee mentioned already, but on the HMV website if you pre-order Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, you can get it in an exclusive HMV only metal case, which is rather nice! And it's pretty cheap too. Here's the link!

DarthGemni

AnImaginaryBoy

Oh you beat me to it. D'oh! :( :p

By the way, does anybody know where I can preorder the box set with the Crystal Skull from? Or was that just what the version in Germany was going to be like? If anybody knows where I can get it from, and if it'll ship to England, I'd be ever so grateful! :)

emtiem

AnImaginaryBoy said:
Sorry if this has bee mentioned already, but on the HMV website if you pre-order Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, you can get it in an exclusive HMV only metal case, which is rather nice! And it's pretty cheap too. Here's the link!

Thanks for that- tricky as it does look lovely, but are the supermarkets still doing that thing where big films are only £7.99 or so in the first week of their release? I might just hold off if they are.

Pistol Whipped

I play Blu Rays on my PS3. I sort of hoped that someone would have all 4 movies released on Blu Ray in a box or something. Is there any hope for this?

The Man

Pistol Whipped said:
I play Blu Rays on my PS3. I sort of hoped that someone would have all 4 movies released on Blu Ray in a box or something. Is there any hope for this?

Not this year, no, but Lucasfilm will certainly re-format both Indy and Star Wars for Blu-Ray in the not-too-distant future...

The Man

Darth Vile

The Man said:
It's not very elegant. The original box-set cover was far more subtle and pleasing to the eye. This new look is a little...gaudy*.

*Though maybe it suits the trashy-pulp element of Indy's inspirations. Dunno...

I agree - Thrown together for fast release...

AndyLGR

Maybe I attach too much importance to what boxsets look like, but following on from the Die Hard quadrilogy slim-cases-poor-artwork-box from last year, this new Indy one seems to follow in the same vein. Very disappointing.