Best beatdown in the trilogy?

Which is the most satisfying beatdown in the Indy trilogy?

• ROTLA: The German Sergeant during the truck chase

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • TOD: The Giant Thuggee during the rock-grinder fight

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • LC: Colonel Vogel during the tank chase?

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Indy_Chic

oki9Sedo said:
I found it the most satisfying because he's a skinny old guy who Indy would destroy if it was a fair fight....he attacks Indy from behind with a chain, hits his fingers with a shovel when he's dangling from the tank and punches him in the back when he's trying to save his father, so it was really satisfying when Indy gets to devote ALL of his attention to him!

Exactly! (y) It was quite painful to watch Indy getting beaten up in those scenes, but it's always good to know that he'll strike back twice as hard!

TheMutt92

oki9Sedo said:
Now we have a fourth option: Colonol Dovchenko during the army ant attack from Crystal Skull?

If they could add that option that'd be great.

Me I went w/ the Thuggee beat down, mostly because of John Williams score (espcially at the end, makes it such a feel good moment!)

oki9Sedo

TheMutt92 said:
If they could add that option that'd be great.

Me I went w/ the Thuggee beat down, mostly because of John Williams score (espcially at the end, makes it such a feel good moment!)

That was brilliant! The mighty Pat Roach even has to resort to using a rock to get him off!

I voted for Vogel, but that was months ago and I prefer the German sergeant now.

Raider Indy

As far as fisticuffs, I'd have to go with "Temple" and the fight between Indy and the Giant Thugee. Keep in mind Indy was also having to deal with the Maharajah, under the Black Sleep's influence, inducing VooDoo on him.

But if we were to expand on the idea of a "Beating" ... I think the overall "Truck Chase" in "Raiders" takes the cake. That entire chase put Indy through the meat grinder unlike anything else.

Indy fan 235

My favorite fight scene would be Indy vs the German mechanic, then Indy vs the Giant Thuggee with Shorty fighting the prince.

I also really love the whole action scene in the Cairo streets. The choreographing of the fight was wonderful.

oki9Sedo

Indy fan 235 said:
My favorite fight scene would be Indy vs the German mechanic, then Indy vs the Giant Thuggee with Shorty fighting the prince.

I also really love the whole action scene in the Cairo streets. The choreographing of the fight was wonderful.

This thread is more about which is the best beatdown as opposed to fight, ie. Indy beating the sh*t out of some henchman after they've been giving him hell for ages. Namely the tough sergeant, the Chief Guard and Vogel.

Indy fan 235

Oh, OK, well, Indy does get pretty pissed with the mechanic, I mean, right before he gets hit by the blades of the plane Indy really starts slugging him hard. Same with the Thuggee, he's on top of him pounding away.

But, reading over some other posts, I do agree with the German truck driver scene. After being shot, punched, thrown through the windshield, dragged under a truck, Indy comes back and pounds the guy pretty good, and then throws him threw the window too!

Kyle

The tank scene is my favorite scene in the entire trilogy. The fight always gets me jacked up. The background music, when the camera zooms out and shows that the tank is about to go off a cliff sends chills down my spine.

:hat:

nitzsche

It always disturbed me that Vogel was not even in Indy's league. He was a fine villain, but not a very worthy combatant. The Pat Roach fight cut from the zeppelin segment would have been great to see.

oki9Sedo

nitzsche said:
It always disturbed me that Vogel was not even in Indy's league. He was a fine villain, but not a very worthy combatant. The Pat Roach fight cut from the zeppelin segment would have been great to see.

It wasn't a full fight like in the previous two films, it was more of a joke about them. Indy punches him once and the Roach collapses unconscious.

DoomTown

Best beatdown? Indy kicking the crap out of the Tough Sergeant, then throwing him out the window during the truck chase. Best slugfest? For me, always a toss-up between German Mechanic, and Chief Thuggee Guard.:whip:

Morning Bell

The fight with the Thuggee Guard gets my vote, mostly because the guy was huge and had the help of voodoo when fighting Indy. The fight with Vogel is a close second though: he was one evil guy.

Saber79

The best best down is a tie I'd say between the fight with the German sergeant in ROTLA and the Thuggee beat down on the conveyor belt.

The German Sergeant scene has them both trading blows until Indy finally looses it after climbing back in the cab....headslams, vicious punch to the jaw and then throwing him out of the truck...awesome

This is equal to when Indy completely goes nuts on the Giant Thuggee after Shorty takes the dagger out of the voodoo doll. Indy uses saws, ankle twists, 3 or four insane punches followed with a backhand that would surely take any one's head off....maybe the rock crusher was a merciful death for the Thuggee otherwise he would have to fend off Indy's fury again..lol

WrathofGod

I agree with CaliforniaJones the best fight that came to mind for me was the German Aircraft mechanic. If the thugee can be included then the mechanic is no different.:whip: