Loa Che returns?

Gear

Caution: Possible spoilers.
In a few of the screenshots of "Indiana Jones 2007" it shows Indy fighting some Chinees men in California's China town and in the back ground is a neon sign saying "Loa Che Cocktails".
does Indy face the imfamous crime lord again?

No Ticket

Sounds like it, but it could just be a throw-away callback to the films. Something to make you go, "Oh Look! Lao Che!! That's from the movies!"

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It is interesting that there seems to be a conscious decision to make the more action oriented games fit in with Temple of Doom, whereas Fate of Atlantis and it's planned successor where clearly more influenced by Last Crusade, following both its graphic adventure, it's sense of humor, and its use of banter-worthy sidekick and colorful Nazis. Infernal Machine, despite being full of action, was basically a love child of Fate of Atlantis and Temple of Doom.

No Ticket said:
Sounds like it, but it could just be a throw-away callback to the films. Something to make you go, "Oh Look! Lao Che!! That's from the movies!"

Was my feeling as well when I first saw those screens.

But eh... you never know I guess. Personally I don't see the point in bringing back characters from the films all the time. What I like about the first two films is that they're stand-alone works. So far the only Indy game to capture that has been Fate of Atlantis. Even Infernal Machine wasn't stand-alone (bringing back Sophia). And Emperor's Tomb has that whole thing with Wu-Han and the tie-in to Temple. I like how the first two films really captured the serial feel. The adventure-a-week attitude. All this fall-back on past characters almost spoils that in a way...

Regardless, I think Indy 2008 will be the game that's gonna finally cause me to get a 360... reluctantly... :whip: