Big Thunder Mountain and More!

RedeemedChild

More New Disney Epics!

It seems as if Disney is sincere about creating news and exciting worlds for us to explore. I’ve also noticed that Disney is focusing more on historical, action, adventure, mystery, fantasy type themes in these upcoming titles.

Here’s what Disney has lined up:

Up (2009)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

A Christmas Carol (2009)

The Bear and The Bow (2010)

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (2011)

National Treasure 3 (2010)
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/National-Treasure-3-Goes-To-Atlantis-7743.html

Narional Treasure 4 ( 2012)

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Captain Nemo (Release Date Currently Unknown)

Big Thunder Mountain (2011?)

As far as I know National Treasure 3 won't be about Page 47. Instead it will focus on "something life altering." It is rumored that Nicholas Cage (Benjamin Gates) will go to Atlantis and that this movie will be more International Treasure than National Treasure.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 will also focus on Atlantis. Pirates 3 is expected begin a whole new Pirates trilogy. The film will imply Jules Verne type scenarios. The Pirates 3 story involves gigantic flying machines, a journey to a lost world, an encounter with the most dangerous and famous pirate of all time and a man with the ambition to rule more than just the ocean.

Another fantastic adventure is Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain in which the Southwest Expedition explorers venture to the mysterious mountain in search of cursed gold. The film like the Pirates movies is also inspired by a Disney Park ride.

Personally I am really looking forward to Big Thunder Mountain and The Bear and the Bow. Lets hope they get moved to 2010 instead of 2011.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/disney-sequels-national-treasure-3-4-pirates-4.php

Last edited:

Goonie

Do your Google reasearch. Disney dropped the third Narnia flick. Jim Hill isn't a good source.

The National Treasure 3 and 4 movies is old news, they announced that back in the fall along with Pirates 4 and the Lone Ranger movie. The Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise movies have sort of been mentioned online over the last year but nothing concrete yet.

I'll definitely be seeing the new National Treasure movies. At least #3 is coming out next year and we don't have to wait 19 years for it.

Last edited:

kongisking

HUH? POTC about Atlantis? Flying Machines? Lost Cities!

This is TOO un-****ing-believably awesome news! I'M THERE, DISNEY!!! Welcome back, Cap'n!!!

Goonie

I can't wait to find out what's on Page 47 next year (y) . I guess Barack has already found out. ;)

Niteshade007

Insomniac said:
:eek: POTC about Atlantis? I thought it would be a bout the fountain of youth!!!

Fountain of Youth seems like a more logical way to go, you know, since they mention it. Also, that way it could be filmed in Florida and the premiere could be at Disney World. Just sayin'.

Insomniac

Yep it would be alot esyier but would it be "Pirates of the Caribbean" then?

If it was filmed in Florida that brings up who will Jack be sailing with because he already lost the pearl and his crew to the Bad@$$ Swashbuckler Barbo$$@!

Goonie

It's too bad the Davey Jones myth was wrapped up in Pirates 3. I guess now they have to say Will Turner's Locker!?

WillKill4Food

Up looked odd from the trailer I saw. I really have no clue what it's going to be about. Prince of Persia sounds okay. I didn't know they had rights to the video game. I don't have any clue what The Bear and The Bow is.

NT3 and NT4? No. I don't think they'll get to four. Three, sure, but it'll probably suck. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

I heard the rumor about PotC4 having Jules Verne-esque steam-punky stuff in it, but I didn't believe it. Why? Because that is completely different from the rest of the series. Personally, I hope this movie isn't made. The third PotC was okay, but this 4th one sounds like just an attempt to make more money at the risk of ruining a franchise...sounds familiar doesn't it?

Anyway, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo sounds cool; maybe they'll resurrect the Disney ride. But knowing our luck, it will suck.

But it seems to me that Big Thunder Mountain will just be another Country Bears-like movie. You remember that movie? Probably not. It was Disney's first attempt (as far as I know) at making a movie for a ride. Their second attempt was actually successful: PotC. Nevertheless, the plot sounds stale. Sure, it's early to condemn a film, but I'm not excited about anything on this list.

Sorry.

Morning Bell

A Big Thunder Mountain film? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. POTC was a big surprise and worked somewhat well but trying another film about a theme park attraction sounds like a bad idea (remember The Haunted Mansion?)

However, I'm all for another National Treasure.:)

Niteshade007

WillKill4Food said:
But it seems to me that Big Thunder Mountain will just be another Country Bears-like movie. You remember that movie? Probably not. It was Disney's first attempt (as far as I know) at making a movie for a ride. Their second attempt was actually successful: PotC. Nevertheless, the plot sounds stale. Sure, it's early to condemn a film, but I'm not excited about anything on this list.

Sorry.

Country Bears was actually a second attempt. The first was Tower of Terror. It was a Disney Channel movie with Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst. It's alright. Certainly not nearly on the same level as Pirates.

I always thought Jungle Cruise would be more interesting than Big Thunder, but I'm not surprised that Big Thunder is being made.

Goonie

Morning Bell said:
(remember The Haunted Mansion?)

I'll remember it for Evers and Evers...

It was an ok movie, wasn't great but ok, the best part was seeing all the ride references, but Eddie Murphy? :rolleyes:

Nurhachi1991

Goonie said:
I'll remember it for Evers and Evers...

It was an ok movie, wasn't great but ok, the best part was seeing all the ride references, but Eddie Murphy? :rolleyes:

Nice (y)

The movie was alright I loved it when I was in 8th grade now its kinda meh.

Pirates was awesome but National Treasure blows Nicholas Cage is the biggest monotone actor in Hollywood it's like flippin Napolean Dynamite he shows no emotion at all let alone the story line sucks.......

The Magic Rat

Nurhachi1991 said:
Nice (y)

The movie was alright I loved it when I was in 8th grade now its kinda meh.

Pirates was awesome but National Treasure blows Nicholas Cage is the biggest monotone actor in Hollywood it's like flippin Napolean Dynamite he shows no emotion at all let alone the story line sucks.......

I enjoyed the first National Treasure, but 2 was terrible.

Anyway, none of these really get me that excited. Disney has been lagging big time.

Goonie

Also missing from the list is:

TR2N (Tron 2)

and also rumoured remakes of:

The Black Hole
Swiss Family Robinson

Indy fan 235

Big Thunder could be pretty fun. Hopefully they get a good script and give us an exciting adventure film along the lines of what Indy is.

RedeemedChild

Indy fan 235 I'm with you my friend.

I really hope Big Thunder Mountain will be along the lines of Indiana Jones, Tarzan or Doc Savage. I'm really looking forward to Big Thunder Mountain. I hope that Jerry Bruckheimer will produce the film because if he get's behind it I'm sure it'll have smooth sailing just the Pirates films have experienced. Peter Jackson should also be involved after seeing what he did with LOTR.

I hope that the Indians will be depicted more like the Atlantian people of Princess Kida from Atlantis The Lost Empire instead of the savage way American Indianas are usually portrayed in American movies.

I also have hope for the new Pirates of the Caribbean Jules Verne twist. I have no doubt that it'll be successful and I look forward to seeing what Disney has in store for Captain Jack and friends. I also hope Calypso (Tia Delma) will have a larger role to play in the upcoming film. And don't worry about Davy Jones, I'm sure Tia will bring him back the same way they brought back Barbossa.

Morning Bell

Niteshade007 said:
I always thought Jungle Cruise would be more interesting than Big Thunder, but I'm not surprised that Big Thunder is being made.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. If they did a mixture of drama and light humor set in the 1930s it might be kind of interesting.

RedeemedChild

Tron 2? That sounds good even if I have not seen the first Tron.

I really do want to see the movie Tron, but I can't seem to find it at the libraries.

I also wish Universal Studios would revive the Back To The Future franchise. Perhaps create a anime television series that would take place between the first and the second Back To The Future movies.

Universal Studios Orlando and LA could also use some new Back To The Future rides.