Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

Arab Swordsman

TheLastCrusader said:
Again, this is not a screenshot; it's a production still. They're posing for a photograph.

Geez, does it matter? This same argument came up when the last picture was released. I don't think they just decided to stage a picture with Indy holding an RPG and not have it as part of the movie even if they posed for it. But, normally if you pose for a picture you're looking at the camera and when the picture is taken while you're in action you're not.

Besides, there was an RPG in one of the KOTCS Lego sets (http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7626-1)so we all probably guessed Indy was going to get his hands on one and use it.

Last edited:

NileQT87

actually, that picture gives me kind of a funny terminator 2 vibe. lol.

i hope there's lots of character development. i'm a fan of that, personally. i like the raiders grit and romance, the temple darkness and exoticness and the crusade character development.

Ska

Looks like some dust & dirt on Indy's fedora...for the cleanaphobia people around here.

Blue Jay

i love this picture :D

I think this movie is going to be exactly what everyone hopes for, the character development of LC and the atmosphere of raiders.

We are all in for a great ride (y)

commontone

JerryKing said:
When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)"...

:(

Well, don't forget, both Lucas and David Koepp said it was closest to Raiders in tone. Koepp said, "It's certainly not as humor-driven as the third one." So I don't know why Marshall differs in that opinion.

Major West

picture1za6.png

DaveTheHutt

Oh, lord! You've got to love all these "Oooh, I'm getting a bad feeling - look at the expressions on Indy and Marion's faces. Marion looks like she's on a school run" type comments.

No-one here knows the context of this scene (and I reckon it is a scene, not a posed shot) so no-one can judge if their expressions (which it's hard to get the full nuance of anyway, given the image's low resolution) are 'right' or not.

A lot of people seem to be assuming this is from the middle of an action scene, and everyone should be grimacing and gurning. But the presence of the RPG doesn't necessarily mean that. Maybe this is a 'planning' scene, with everyone deciding what to do next. Maybe the truck's at a standstill hence Marion's relaxed control of the wheel.

We don't know one way or another, so let's not wet our knickers just yet, eh?

CaliforniaJones

You are on a fan forum. This whole forum is based on what people "feel". The fact is nobody knows anything till the movie comes out. It could be the best of all four movies, it could be cheesy as all hell. You can't tell people that they can't have bad feelings about it though.

Sankara

I believe Koepp. He said it's the closest to "Raiders". I hope he is right!
"Indy IV" should / Must be the closest to "raiders"...

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for that bigger version, Major.
Now, I finally noticed why the font on Mutt's Jacket seemed so familiar...
landwi13.jpg

Sorry for that.

I really like the pic. You can smell that there's something funny going on. And I appreciate Marion being behind the wheel, because that's what I imagine Marion would do. (Uh, err...right...)

1ord3vil

Sankara said:
Looks great!!! (y) But let's pray that this is NOT a Family-Trip... :sick:
Well...
When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade).
If this turns out to be true, it's going to be the kind of movie I think it is: A big summer box-office hit for the whole family and ultimately the kind of movie people tend to see just once and then forget about rather quickly. In which case it also won't resemble Raiders in tone at all, which is what we were told would be the case...

I'll be more than happy if it turns out that I'm mistaken though.

Last edited:

deckard24

JerryKing said:
When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)"...

:(
Right!

What the hell happened to it being tonally the closest to Raiders? I had a feeling this was how it was gonna play out. I'm still excited, but I knew with the introduction of LaBeouf and the angle they seem to be going in, that KotCS would be closer to LC. There will never be another film like Raiders, it was a one time deal!

NileQT87, it does have a T2 vibe about it. LOL

I can almost hear the LaBeouf Transformers/Disturbia-like witty remarks in that pic. I'll say one thing for Shia, he has good delivery. But please, don't let this move be one slapstick joke after another! Just as there was only one RotLA, there should be only one LC! Can't we have something new and fresh?

Last edited:

Major West

1ord3vil said:
Well...

If this turns out to be true, it's going to be the kind of movie I think it is: A big summer box-office hit for the whole family and ultimately the kind of movie people tend to see just once and then forget about rather quickly. In which case it also won't resemble Raiders in tone at all, which is what we were told would be the case...

Not sure I get where where you are coming from. The only reason summer Blockbusters are forgettable is because for the last ten years or more they have all been bad films. Don't forget, Lucas and Spielberg created the summer blockbuster genre, with Jaws, Star Wars, ET and Raiders. They ARE the genre. Have faith.