Anyone here plays an Indiana Jones RPG?

Pier 1981

West End or TSR, it doesn't matter, but I really need some source to inspire myself for what concern the stories and plots, because I'm going to start a campaign in my Indy RPG (www.indyjones.it)...anyone can help or can tell me an URL to find what I need?

Magda

There used to be an adventure forum here where you were able to participate in an RPG or get some advice on RPGs, but the administrator and moderators decided to delete it for certain reasons still unknown to me.

Finn

Staff member
Ameera said:
There used to be an adventure forum here where you were able to participate in an RPG or get some advice on RPGs, but the administrator and moderators decided to delete it for certain reasons still unknown to me.
<small>Yea, right.</small>

monkey

apologies.

I'd only previously heard that term associated with anti-tank weapons.

In fact didn't Indy have a bazooka in Raiders? It was that scene on the Greek island.

Sorry, didn't mean to change the thread on you.

Magda

Supposedly, bazookas weren't used until or after World War II (yet another factual error in the trilogy :p), but back to the topic! :D

monkey

They made good bubblegum too.

OK, OK, This is NOT the Bazooka thread!!

Everybody take your Bazookas and go home.

Finn

Staff member
<small>OT: The first weapon shooting explosive projectiles was a German <i>Panzerschrek</i>, developed in 1939, taken in use on front in 1942, the same weapon Indy handles in Raiders, three years before it was invented.</small>

VALIS

If you need story ideas, here's a simplified formula you can use:
The characters need to find the Artifact. It can just be something of value they've been sent (in one way or another) to retrieve, supernatural association isn't necessary. In fact, I recommend you use supernatural artifacts somewhat sparingly, so they still seem impressive to your characters.
Part 1: the characters first first hear of the object, and they learn that someone else is interested in the Object. They also get a clue to go to (place/city/country) to learn more about the Artifact.
In Part 2, they can either learn about the object, usually just enough of its history to make them more curious than they already are. From here you can either send them to a variety of other locations where they either try to track down the object, or they are seeking a map/key/object they need to get to the Artifact. At the end of this part, the villains should either have the artifact or have what they need to get the Artifact and be well on their way to getting it.
Part 3: The showdown. Potentially the shortest of the three parts, as this is where the characters have their final confrontation with the villains regarding the Artifact.
Good luck!
PS The WEG Indy RPG is a lot of fun, although I've found it works smoother if you use the Star Wars D6 rules.