Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #651
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Anthony Ingruber please.

I can't say I agree with this impulse to get someone to do an impression rather than a performance.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #652
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Agreed. Which is why he wasn't chosen to be a young Han Solo.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #653
seasider
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Agreed. Which is why he wasn't chosen to be a young Han Solo.

We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #654
Tibor
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Please no.

God, no. Listen, I love films and really enjoyed La La Land. Will probably like Blade Runner too. I like Ryan Gosling, but... no.
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #655
Willie Hott
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider
We don't know if that was the reason but I agree that there's a lot more that goes into portraying a character like Indiana Jones than just being able mimic Harrison Ford. To borrow the cliche, you have to make the character your own.
It's his "likeness" to Ford/Jones that makes him my top choice.
Willie Hott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #656
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Re: Ingruber

I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.

Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #657
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I must confess that I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand, I would never want Indy to be portrayed through an impression, as opposed to acting.

On the other, if Ingruber proves to have proper acting chops (and that is a big if), why not give him a chance?
The physical likeness to Ford is remarkable.

Also, he's the perfect age.
If Indy 6 were released in 2022 or 23, Ingruber would be 32 or 33 and could play Indy in the early 1930s, before TOD in the timeline.

The ball is your court, Anthony: show you can act, and who knows what may happen?

Anthony it seems has already had contact with Lucasfilm for a role previously but talks fell through. So that probably does not bode too well for a future working relationship with them. Anybody have any thoughts or input about this?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...-solo.html?m=1
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #658
TheLostCrusader
IndyFan

I think the reason it fell through was not so much that they didn't want him for the role, and more about the fact that they decided not to use the character in the series
TheLostCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #659
TheFedora
IndyFan

I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:11 AM   #660
Walecs
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
I think that they will not go with same actor for Han Solo/Indy this time around, and that Ingruber probably is meant solely for one film, the Han Solo film.

An another actor was already cast for Han Solo.
Walecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #661
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Thoughts on Gosling?

http://www.celebretainment.com/celeb...dd9486742.html
Old 10-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #662
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Thoughts on Gosling?
Despite a great performance as Officer K alongside Ford in Blade Runner 2049, I'd still say no.

He's not rugged enough, and I really can't see him portray Indy's academic side convincingly either.

Also, at 36 he's already getting close to an age where any new movies would clash with the established timeline.

I suspect Disney will eventually go for someone younger.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #663
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Despite a great performance as Officer K alongside Ford in Blade Runner 2049, I'd still say no.

He's not rugged enough, and I really can't see him portray Indy's academic side convincingly either.

Also, at 36 he's already getting close to an age where any new movies would clash with the established timeline.

I suspect Disney will eventually go for someone younger.

Have you seen Half Nelson? He plays a good professor. I also suspect that disney will want the new Indiana Jones to be about the same age as Ford in Raiders. New films set in the 1930’s. Which if they want to introduce Gosling in a flashback in Indy 5 he would be about 39 which is how old Harrison was in Raiders.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #664
Finn

Gosling looks youthful enough to easily play a character ten years younger than his real age, so the fact that he's in his late thirties shouldn't be much of an issue.

Now, as for him being the right man otherwise... I guess I'll say the same thing I said back when were debating the suitability of Chris Pratt. Namely, the fact that we haven't seen an actor in a certain kind of role yet doesn't mean he couldn't pull it off. People here tend to fall a little too easily into the pitfall of mental typecasting.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #665
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Gosling might work; at this point it's too early to tell. I'm open to new actors so long as they can retain the spirit and feel of the films. I have to remind myself that there was a time when no one else could imagine anyone other than Connery in the role of Bond and, while Connery still remains my favorite, there have been many great and diverse takes on the character. I'm trying to keep that mindset with Indy because, like it or not, it will happen at some point.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #666
Don'tCallMeJr
IndyFan

What about Jack Reynor? Purely appearance-wise I feel like this photo channels Indy with the leather jacket - not sure about his acting chops but I could see him in the late 1920s as a fresh-out-of-college Indy?

Personally I can see Pratt in the role - thought he was great in Jurassic World!

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 10-07-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Double post.
Don'tCallMeJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #667
genericfanboy

http://www.doppelgangers.net/this-do...harrison-ford/

Could be a win(alot)?
genericfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #668
Pale Horse

He's only 63...

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #669
Hartmurmur
IndyFan

I'm curious to see if Ingruber can really act, beyond doing an impersonation. But his impersonation's pretty darn good, you have to admit and he totally resembles a young Harrison Ford!
Hartmurmur is offline   Reply With Quote