TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #151
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Danny Trejo will be older than Indy by the time Indy 5 is made.

Who's up for seeing two old geezers going for each other's throats? (No propellers, ore crushers or ants permitted).
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #152
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Sounds good!

I forgot to mention that Indy's son has become a hippie. Marion disapproves of her son's new girlfriend who dresses like a Navajo and is often high. Marion disapproves of her fashion despite Marion being part Navajo herself. Marion also disapproves of her blonde hair because Marion hates blonde girls. This is why Indy never mentioned Elsa to Marion until.....I'll think about that later. Indy and Marion return to America and they visit her mother who is full Navajo. Marion hears words of wisdom from her mom. There is mom-daughter rebonding. Then Marion meets her son's girlfriend and there is mom-son's girlfriend bonding.

Last edited by Kai Hagen : 02-10-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #153
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
Sounds good!

I forgot to mention that Indy's son has become a hippie. Marion disapproves of her son's new girlfriend who dresses like a Navajo and is often high. Marion disapproves of her fashion despite Marion being part Navajo herself. Marion also disapproves of her blonde hair because Marion hates blonde girls. This is why Indy never mentioned Elsa to Marion until.....I'll think about that later. Indy and Marion return to America with Trần Văn Dũng and his daughter with Elsa and her Jordanian boyfriend. Indy and Marion visit Marion's mother who is full Navajo. Marion hears words of wisdom from her mom. There is mom-daughter rebonding. Then Marion meets her son's girlfriend and there is mom-son's girlfriend bonding.
I wish I could edit old posts. This post isn't even that old.

Last edited by Kai Hagen : 02-10-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #154
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Is there room for a ménage à trois with another blond (and potential villain) whom Indy forgot to mention?

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #155
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Yes! You're starting to learn my style.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #156
lancasterjames
IndyFan

I was disappointed in the fourth one that they didn't bring the Nazis back. Now, one can easily say it's the '50s, so the Nazis are past. But the ironic thing is, the movie went to the very place where ex-Nazis were hiding, South America! They could do some sort of Boys from Brazil thing, or have the Nazis trying to have a come-back. I hate to say go back to South America, but... Go back to South America and fight resurgent Nazis!

But I think the greater issue is sort of the opposite, though one that would never be considered by George or Steven and many of the fans, but I feel it just the same, who should be the new hero.

I'm not saying replace Indy, but rather, replace Harrison. I hate to say that. Harrison's awesome. No one could ever replace him. Just like no one could ever replace Sean Connery as James Bond... but they did. They were smart enough to realize when they were past their prime, and rather than pushing him as an old guy who can't do as much, they kept the franchise going with a new Bond, one who could continue to be our hero, and even brought his own spin to it.

This is especially apropos for this series since it started when Steven wanted to do a James Bond series. They should keep it going in the same light. Sorry Harrison. You're awesome, and like Connery, no one will ever truly replace you. But we need a new Indy.

So what I recommend is they go back to just after the war, recast Indy, and have him go to South America to fight ex-Nazis trying to bring back the Third Reich... And monkeys. Gotta fight monkeys.
lancasterjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #157
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancasterjames
I was disappointed in the fourth one that they didn't bring the Nazis back. Now, one can easily say it's the '50s, so the Nazis are past. But the ironic thing is, the movie went to the very place where ex-Nazis were hiding, South America! They could do some sort of Boys from Brazil thing, or have the Nazis trying to have a come-back. I hate to say go back to South America, but... Go back to South America and fight resurgent Nazis!

But I think the greater issue is sort of the opposite, though one that would never be considered by George or Steven and many of the fans, but I feel it just the same, who should be the new hero.

I'm not saying replace Indy, but rather, replace Harrison. I hate to say that. Harrison's awesome. No one could ever replace him. Just like no one could ever replace Sean Connery as James Bond... but they did. They were smart enough to realize when they were past their prime, and rather than pushing him as an old guy who can't do as much, they kept the franchise going with a new Bond, one who could continue to be our hero, and even brought his own spin to it.

This is especially apropos for this series since it started when Steven wanted to do a James Bond series. They should keep it going in the same light. Sorry Harrison. You're awesome, and like Connery, no one will ever truly replace you. But we need a new Indy.

So what I recommend is they go back to just after the war, recast Indy, and have him go to South America to fight ex-Nazis trying to bring back the Third Reich... And monkeys. Gotta fight monkeys.

I like your daft thinking, Jimbo. You'll get a ton of hate from the folks here, but I think your logic is sound. Really, at this point, Ford is never gonna get another chance at playing Indy on-screen in an official film. The only way to keep this franchise alive is to reinvent it.

And why the heck not? As you said, even Bond needed to evolve with the times too. If you want your icon to stay relevant and popular with audiences, you need to regularly update him, or risk him becoming totally outdated. That's why we still have Bond even decades later: because he is a character that is perfectly pliable to the times.

Indy may be more difficult, seeing as he's based mostly in pulp adventure, but Uncharted proved you can still do that style in a modern-day context. So, let's all stop being stubbornly clingy to the past, and be progressive for a change, fanboys.

P.S. I'm afraid Nazis indeed have been "plumb worn out." If not in the films themselves, definitely in the EU.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #158
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
I like your daft thinking, Jimbo. You'll get a ton of hate from the folks here, but I think your logic is sound. Really, at this point, Ford is never gonna get another chance at playing Indy on-screen in an official film. The only way to keep this franchise alive is to reinvent it.

And why the heck not? As you said, even Bond needed to evolve with the times too. If you want your icon to stay relevant and popular with audiences, you need to regularly update him, or risk him becoming totally outdated. That's why we still have Bond even decades later: because he is a character that is perfectly pliable to the times.

Indy may be more difficult, seeing as he's based mostly in pulp adventure, but Uncharted proved you can still do that style in a modern-day context. So, let's all stop being stubbornly clingy to the past, and be progressive for a change, fanboys.

P.S. I'm afraid Nazis indeed have been "plumb worn out." If not in the films themselves, definitely in the EU.

Uncharted proved a reboot is unnecessary. Just make a new adventure film with a new character. It does not have to be Indiana Jones. Just because Bond recasted doesn't make it a great idea. Look how many bad Bond films there are. I would prefer the quit with Harrison.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #159
ListenLiveLong
IndyFan

I think that IJ 5 should have Nazis. I've noticed a trend in the IJ movies, one with Nazis, the next one without, and that I'd like for it to continue following that pattern.
ListenLiveLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #160
RKORadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Is there room for a ménage à trois with another blond (and potential villain) whom Indy forgot to mention?

That little girl next to the blonde muscle-bound twonk probably thought "when they said this ballet class would have boys, I didn't know they meant this!"
RKORadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #161
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenLiveLong
I think that IJ 5 should have Nazis. I've noticed a trend in the IJ movies, one with Nazis, the next one without, and that I'd like for it to continue following that pattern.

Sorry but I totally disagree. IF another movie gets made it shouldn't clone nazis (its been done twice) or family matters (also done twice). Just an original adventure like Temple of Doom with a global chase not restrained in a place like Pankot Palace. OMHO.
Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #162
Spurlock
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListenLiveLong

When I was thinking of actually writing a fan film, a came across a very interesting idea for a villain. Brother of Belloq, coming out of hiding in Argentina with a deep hatred of Indy for letting his brother die, he seeks an artifact to a new source of revived nazi power. Indy gets involved when Belloq #2 sends men to kill Indiana so he doesn't interfere, and Indiana follows clues on his men to find him.

It wouldn't purely be nazis, but it'd be close.

I also have plenty of villain ideas, but they are mainly being used as part of my Indiana-related stories.
Spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #163
DaFedora
IndyFan

Exclamation some 'shaman' in disguise?

Just thinking about it... how about making Indy's next villain a dangerous shaman who has a distinctive power to 'force' out bones and the inner body through skin (killing people by "pressurizing" their blood and muscles until some of their veins burst and they collapse - okay VERY graphical and gore-y indeed but so are melting nazis?), and that via a supernatural McGuffin like old Mola with the sankara stones.

I'd absolutely love this villain then to be playing tricks on Jones, planting false leads with dangerous turnarounds. It would of course be somewhat corny but what if the villain was also a master in disguise and uses a believable mask (of actual human flesh sticking on via some kind of 'supernatural' adhering substance, which glows when tampered with?) and voice deformer - appearing to Indy as a faithful and unsuspecting helping hand who only unveils his true identity at the perfect time of revenge and treasure-grab .

Why not... some Korean person (so there could be a Cold War runner-up to the Korean War in there aha!) and they land in Cambodia, hussling with the deadly Khmer Rouge.

At any rate, Javier Bardem to play this mischievous, chilling dude with a truly fake (corpse's) face.

I mean, didn't you guys get spine chills with that scene in Skyfall where he removes that jawbone prothesis
DaFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM   #164
Jonesy9906753
IndyFan

Lightbulb

I think Benicio Del Toro would make for an awesome Indiana Jones villain

Jonesy9906753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #165
Attila the Professor

Moved Jonesy9906753's post to a more suitable thread. This one here is mostly about actors and character types who might be suitable villains in Indy V (e.g. Belloq, a shadowy industrialist, Cate Blanchett); this thread should be about suitable group villains (Nazis, Thuggees, etc.).
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #166
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancasterjames
I remember the futuristic plane prototype in RotLA. This time, the fifth one can have the Nazi stuff that didn't appear in the earlier series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KedwbUw6BDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOrY88MGbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNV_zEGXxY
Old 10-17-2016, 06:37 AM   #167
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

As for the new villain, I really hope it's a man completely devoid of any humor or lightness at all. Hopefully it's someone that can be made to be incredibly intimidating.

Btw, Blanchet was a terrible villain.
DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #168
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

Cat People?

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:26 AM   #169
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Since Jijinke filled the Pat Roach role it would be nice if he came back anyway but Spalko had concept art with a half eaten face so... bring back Dovchenko with that?
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote