I think the only "Frontier" left for INdy V HAS to be an

sandiegojones

Maybe Indy is escaping commies in Cuba and then after a long swim he arrives in Florida and comes across a Mercury rocket launch pad, thinking it's a carnival ride (lots of people at a carnival and a good place to hide) he climbs in and then he and a test chimp get rocketed into orbit.

Then we can all say Indy "Rocked the Chimp!"

We all know SS like monkeys!

Indiana Jones and the Chimps in SSSPPPAAAACCCCEEEEEE!

foreignerfred

I agree that a Chinese/Asian focus is probably the best route to go. And I DEFINITELY agree that we need SNOW as a great new visual setting...but.

I know this sounds silly, and maybe a little shallow, but, I want to see Indy get really dusty/dirty like in ROTLA and LC. Seeing him all dusty and bloody is the visual cue for you to subconsciously believe that Indy has had a REALLY hard time on this adventure. I actually think the presence of so much water in KOTCS is one of its weaknesses. Not enough DUST and DIRT!

But seriously!

And check it out...There was a lot of water in TOD, but his outfit was completely shredded to pick up the loss of that specific "hard journey" visual cue. Seeing that Harrison is definitely NOT in TOD shape, they won't go that route. So...Give me SNOW, but GIVE ME DUSTY DIRT!

...Remember the dirty Indy scouring the tombs at Akator? One of the best parts, am I right?

heheh, speculate on, my friends!

IndyJr.

I want one Indy adventure taking place in China, Japan and Siberia, with him and Short Round... then I want one taking place in England, Scotland and Ireland focusing about Celtic archeology... something he focused on a lot very early (according to the novels).

caats

foreignerfred said:
I agree that a Chinese/Asian focus is probably the best route to go. And I DEFINITELY agree that we need SNOW as a great new visual setting...but.

I know this sounds silly, and maybe a little shallow, but, I want to see Indy get really dusty/dirty like in ROTLA and LC. Seeing him all dusty and bloody is the visual cue for you to subconsciously believe that Indy has had a REALLY hard time on this adventure. I actually think the presence of so much water in KOTCS is one of its weaknesses. Not enough DUST and DIRT!

But seriously!

And check it out...There was a lot of water in TOD, but his outfit was completely shredded to pick up the loss of that specific "hard journey" visual cue. Seeing that Harrison is definitely NOT in TOD shape, they won't go that route. So...Give me SNOW, but GIVE ME DUSTY DIRT!

...Remember the dirty Indy scouring the tombs at Akator? One of the best parts, am I right?

heheh, speculate on, my friends!

i hear that man. when indy fought dovchenko and he got bloodied and dirty. that's how i like to see Indy.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I personaly don't care if Indy's next adventure takes place in China, I just want it to be glode-trotting like Raiders and Crusade. Not that Kingdom wasn't but the first two I mentioned featured more locations, especially Crusade.
Raiders: Nepal, Egypt, Mediterranean
Crusade: Venice, Austria, Germany, Hatai
Kingdom: Peru, Amazon.

As you can see I'm reffering to the locations of the main story, not possible ones for the opening scene.:hat:

Johnny Nys

Geographical settings don't really matter to me. I do agree about the dust and dirt - desert settings seem to fit the character. If you want Asia, then the Gobi is the most obvious choice. Snow, why not? The southeast of the Gobi is known to have snowstorms. Though a mountainous area is probably more interesting. Ice caves, avalanches, an unintentional descent skiing on an unconventional object (but without getting the feeling of "Hey, Indy invented snowboarding" like you got with Marty McFly and skateboarding in BTTF).

Goonie

I say:
Asia
South Pacific
Easter Island
Siberia
or Africa - somewhere in the Congo or Kenya (where there is wildlife) or maybe he can take on some Somali pirates...:gun:

monkey

Very interesting thread here.

Indy 5.

Who thought???

Anyway. There seems to be a craving for SNOW here, and some kind of snowy adventure.

I say why not??

Personally I would prefer some kind of Norse archaeology, and either Iceland, Greenland, or both, for the main setting.

There is a lot of unexplored territory there........literally, if not geographically.

Of course, there must be many other settings throughout the world that will lead up to the climactic setting.

One of the main problems with Indy 5 however is.............well,.........who are the villains?

Indy 4 took place in the early fifties? right?

So when does Indy 5 take place? and who are the villains?

Nazis? surely not, in the late fifties or early sixties.

Soviets? Been there done that in Indy 4.

So who?

Please don't say Neo-Nazis.

And if Soviets........well.......that's boring.

Just who does Indy save the world from in 1958??

Howdy Doody???

Chuck Berry??

McDonalds??

Maybe Indiana Jones should just return to the 1930's.

He should get a Big Mac, and then go back to 1936.

Stoo

monkey said:
He should get a Big Mac, and then go back to 1936.
Indy already had an adventure withe a Big Mac in 1916. (See: Phantom Train of Doom):p

H

Henry-Defance

I think a Film Noir style Film Set in Tokyo or Hong Kong would be pretty awesome. It would also be in line with the mimicking of the times film cliches that has been inherant to the franchise.

Zorg

blueoakleyz said:
Indy 4 was jungle

Surely you mean South America? Or, to be exact, Peru.

I'd like to see Indy's adventures in some northern location; Iceland for example. That'd be something new in Indy films.

NoCamels

I'd like to see some of the following: China, Japan, Cuba, Ireland, Norway, Tibet, South Pacific, Australia, Russia...

Bad Guys: probably Communists. It is most likely set in the '50s. Maybe Indy gets captured by Commies in Cuba and shipped to Russia, I don't know. But yes, film noir, spies, etc. Maybe something in Korea? Industrial espionage where a big company is trying to find a dangerous artifact? (my knowledge of the 1950s for possible bad guys is limited.)

I'd really love to see something that had to do with Indy's time in the OSS, or even the WW1 spy stuff.

The Man

Dewy9 said:
What about something with Stonehenge? It's always been very mysterious.

Preposterous though it sounds, Halloween III actually had elements of a decent - if wacky - Indy adventure...

Indy's brother

NoCamels said:
I'd like to see some of the following: China, Japan, Cuba, Ireland, Norway, Tibet, South Pacific, Australia, Russia...

Bad Guys: probably Communists. It is most likely set in the '50s. Maybe Indy gets captured by Commies in Cuba and shipped to Russia, I don't know. But yes, film noir, spies, etc. Maybe something in Korea? Industrial espionage where a big company is trying to find a dangerous artifact? (my knowledge of the 1950s for possible bad guys is limited.)

Hell yeah, Cuba! There was a revolution going on there from 1953 to 1959. That's good for prequel or sequel material. Might as well leave the former Soviet Union out of the next one, those guys really got their panties in a bunch over KOTCS.