Doody (and other Indy girls) in Indy 4?

ElsaFan

You know, a couple of months ago, there was a rumor saying that Alison Doody would have a cameo appearance in a dream sequence in Indy 4? Well, does anyone have more details about this? It sounds total bogus to me, although I know she will be in LA for the summer of 2003.......

FordFan

No. She won't. In the new Cinescape, Spielberg states that Sean Connery will be back for the beginning and the end of the film, in a lesser role. Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw will come back for a soundbite. And he said that Allison Doody wouldn't make it because she fell into a pit. But he said that Indy girls from the past we didn't meet will appear.

ElsaFan

Thank you very much! I never heard of that article before. Was it ever poster on this website? You said that Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw would record soundbites... What are they exactly?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Doody will not be in the movie alive. Prehaps a flashback will be done, but not likely.
The idea has been thrown around for some time that girls from the games and books will show up. Again, not likely, simply because a majority of the audience is not familar with these characters as we, as fans, are.
I forsee Marion having a larger role than Willie, and a new girl (doesn't have to be a love interest) will be introduced.

bob

I really think this is just an absurd rumour as
1. It has been 14 years since LC someone would have noticed how much older Elsa looks.
2. Although Indy may have liked Elsa i see no evidence that he was close to her and would especially want her 14 years down the line.
3. Having a dead character turn up even in a dream who was a character overshadowed by Henry and Sallah and Marcus in LC is a little silly.
4. How good do you think audiences memories are?!

DEE

DOODY ...NO THANKS

I guess she's a good actress, but I really did not care for the Elsa person. My least fave is Willie. I liked Marion best.

Goodsport

FordFan said:
But he said that Indy girls from the past we didn't meet will appear.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Personally, I think that this is the best way to go.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Neither Marion (Karen Allen) nor Willie (Kate Capshaw) should be in Indy IV for more than a 'soundbite' (nor should Elsa, who in the story is dead/gone/whatever) - but introducing someone not yet seen on the screen, yet someone somewhat familiar to Indy fans like Sophia Hapgood, would be even better than introducing someone who is brand-new to the franchise. :)

-G

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Finn said:
Sophia in Indy IV? I'm game! :D

Anyway, who would be good in playing her?

http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=2840

Tsk, tsk, tsk...there's a thread on this and Finn didn't mention it...;)

Anyway, all kidding aside, I'm not sure who would be good in the part. I can't think of anyone offhand, but then I'm not too familiar with current celebs...anyone else have any thoughts.

I do like the idea though.

bob

Goodsport said:
on the screen, yet someone somewhat familiar to Indy fans like Sophia Hapgood, would be even better than introducing someone who is brand-new to the franchise. :)

[/B]

Cant say i agree the Indy universe outside of the film is beyond obscure to most people, you cant even buy any of the comics anymore really. FoA is a decade old game which was played by tens of thousands same goes for Infernal Machine. I really dont want to hear long scenes of expostion with the Indy Girl. It might be nice for fans but the Indy fanbase is so small it has no real voice besides are the big three really going to steal things off a Game it is their mythos.

Goodsport

bob said:
Cant say i agree the Indy universe outside of the film is beyond obscure to most people, you cant even buy any of the comics anymore really. FoA is a decade old game which was played by tens of thousands same goes for Infernal Machine. I really dont want to hear long scenes of expostion with the Indy Girl. It might be nice for fans but the Indy fanbase is so small it has no real voice besides are the big three really going to steal things off a Game it is their mythos.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp So either way, the leading lady will be new to the general movie audience. But using an existing leading lady character from Indy gaming or Indy literature would be a great inside treat for Indyfans.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Either way, the leading lady of the movie should not be one of the leading ladies from any of the three past Indy movies.

-G

Finn

Staff member
In the other hand, if Indy IV takes place in 50's, I dunno if it'll be a good idea (considering the Hollywood effect) to have Sophia... after all, she'd be old(er, in her 40s), so would be the other previous Indy girls, so we'll see someone new.

fatima

calista as indy's enemy...

yeah it would be fun to see calista having a role of Indy's enemy! it would be interesting IMO...:rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
Yea, right... a new minion to the phobia scene: first snakes, then bugs, finally rats... and now dancing babies! :D

ROTLA

Calista?!? Are they filming "Indiana Jones Meets the Incredible Shrinking Woman" for IV? Actually, I think she's a decent actress but I'm not sure she would fit into an Indy film. Those women seem to have a toughness about them that Calista might not be able to bring to the screen. OK, so Willie wasn't so tough. Of course, it seems fairly obvious that most people liked her least of the Indy gals. Marion and Elsa had an edge to them and it seems to have helped put them in favor with the fans.

For an Indy girl, if they want a younger actress, how about someone like Jennifer Connolly ("A Beautiful Mind")? If they want somebody a little older, maybe somebody such as Andie MacDowell.

Just a few names to ponder...

NileQT87

im thinking catherine zeta jones. shed be good. or even somebody like sandra bullock...both have a gruffness and an edge--and i have yet to be disappointed with either of their performances.

Indy_Girl

how about Milla Jovovich? she' played tough girl roles (Leloo in "The Fifth Element", the lead in "Joan of Arch", and more recently in "Resident Evil") she's very chameleion like so i think you could put any look on her, i think she would be a very good Indy Girl, apart form myself of course :D LOL