Rolling Stone interviews

michael

Your livejournal is amazing.

Love the design on that first article, particularly the characters in those 'death star' shapes.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Part 2, up to 2007.
http://moedred.livejournal.com/14850.html

original.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas in 1977: "there is nothing I would like to do more than go back and redo all the special effects." Despite his merchandising windfall, he didn't know if Empire would fizzle like More American Graffiti (1979), yet said in 1980 he would still have completed the trilogy then "fold up shop."

Spielberg on 1941: "The film does cater to the lowest moral character in all of us without licking the sewer. It's just a tongue's reach away from good sewer humor."

Lucas on Raiders sequels: "In some stories, we'll see him in top hat and tails." Spielberg on waiting... in the 1970's! "Too much time seemed to elapse between when I agreed to do it and when I actually started."

Edit: Split the interviews 4 ways for easier mobile reading.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Spielberg, 1985, on Dustin Hoffman: "I get real excited starting out a Michael J. Fox in motion pictures. This is almost as exciting as the opportunity to work with Dusty on a film. It's the difference between being a young kid and making love with an experienced woman over thirty, and being a man and making love to a girl who has never made love before." :confused:

On making E.T.: "Torturous! Torturous! You should see how wrinkled my insides are from all that stuff. My pubic hairs turned gray! That was a real traumatic thing."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Before the internet, Carrie Fisher was the only source of racy Star Wars fan fiction.

original.jpg