A Day with Indy

I Don Quixote

If you had a day with him, what would you do? And would you rather spend it in the present or in Indy's time?
I'd probably ask him about what he has seen, what he makes of all of it. Then I'd make him watch SNL with me, but only the good seasons. And probably some other stuff.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I'd take him back to 1936 and introduce him to modern polyurethane prophylactics just before he boards the Bantu Wind.

cropalias.jpg

This would be my time travelling suit. Bask in it's glory.

kongisking

Wow, what a question. Hmm, I'd probably love to have dinner at the Jones household. I would ask Indy all my most burning questions, such as, "Why do you inexplicably act skeptical every time you hear about a supernatural artifact, even though you've seen evidence for the supernatural a billion times over?" I'd geek out with Mutt over fencing (I'm fond of the sport) and tell him he's a swell kid and don't let the haters bring you down. I'd just love to meet Marion, and I'm curious as to what her cooking would be like. And if Ox happens to be there, I'll simply just enjoy his company all the same.

Okay, okay, so this answer was more of a "Day with Indy and Family," but who the heck cares? He's a father now, he'll likely be with them if he's got a moment to spare letting dumb kids like me to be in his presence for a day.

Goodeknight

What would I do with a day with Indy?

Depends on the day.

One answer could be "probably wind up dead," like Wu Han in TOD. Hanging around with Indy can be dangerous.

If it's old Indy, ala YIJC, another answer could be, "Listen to him drone on about the old days, not believing a word he says about vampires, princesses, or Nazi castles."

If it's Indy as we usually know him, at home, I'd ask him tons of questions, as Kong said about the supernatural. Lots of questions focusing on drinking from the Grail and seeing the Ark. But mainly drinking from the Grail. I'd also ask about his Dad, Marcus, Marion, thoughts on being a dad, missing years, etc.

Open ended questions like best days, worst days, best experiences, stuff like that.

A day with Indy would be great.

Finally, I would definitely ask for some whip lessons, and to browse his collection of artifacts.

michael

Instead of going on an adventure with him, it'd be cool to do some archaeology work with him. Go to an early morning dig with him, learn some new stuff. I know next to nothing with it comes to archaeology as it is. Why not learn from the best?

Finish the night with some good food, drinks and talk about some of his adventures.

Yup, that's what I'd do.

kongisking

michael said:
Instead of going on an adventure with him, it'd be cool to do some archaeology work with him. Go to an early morning dig with him, learn some new stuff. I know next to nothing with it comes to archaeology as it is. Why not learn from the best?

Finish the night with some good food, drinks and talk about some of his adventures.

Yup, that's what I'd do.

You could arrange for said meal to be at Arnie's Diner, perhaps? :cool:

Palaceslave_82

I'd ask him how Willie was in bed, 'cause you know he either hit that later that evening in the village, or on the way back while Short Round flew the plane.

I Don Quixote

I'd also ask him why he went into archeaology, why it interests him. I'd show him the RotLA entry in 1001 Movies You Must See Before you Die, and I'd probably get a bit flirtatious.