KotCS- the very official [Mod sanctioned, Prof] 'how do I acquire my tickets' thread

Crack that whip

I'm thinking I'm going to buy advance tickets soon for a couple different showings, possibly in theaters in different cities (I may go out of town on the 22nd after seeing a midnight showing here, so I can catch a late afternoon showing opening day with semi-distant friends).

Sandindy

If you guys are planning to buy the midnight showing on the Arclight Hollywood theater its sold out, I bought mine at 12:30 :mad: oh well at least I get to see it in a awesome theater.

TideHorn78

I wouldn't bet on an Indy 4 screening at 8 pm on Wednesday the 21st. Paramount had way more say in the marketing and release pattern of Iron Man than it does with Indy. It's mostly Lucasfilm and Spielberg having the say. I have my tickets for the Midnight show at the Alamo Drafthouse South in Austin. I can't wait!

ethanedwards

Just got my tickets to the Arclight May 22nd 8:30 show.

They are going fast, not that many good seats left. The guy said that more shows will be scheduled closer to the date of release.

He also said that over 3000 have already sold in Hollywood. - Get em quick!!
:) :D :)

stunrun

ok, regarding tickets, does anyone in the UK know when tickets go on sale at Cineworld theatres? i called them a few times regarding this, but i'm put through to a recorded voice which only gives me info on current movies showing, and not upcoming ones. So how am i supposed to book in advance for an opening day screening?

metalinvader

just got my midnight tickets @ the Lowes theater in Methuen,MA. It's pretty surreal holding these in hand! I can't wait!!!(y)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
TideHorn78 said:
I wouldn't bet on an Indy 4 screening at 8 pm on Wednesday the 21st. Paramount had way more say in the marketing and release pattern of Iron Man than it does with Indy. It's mostly Lucasfilm and Spielberg having the say. I have my tickets for the Midnight show at the Alamo Drafthouse South in Austin. I can't wait!

You're a lucky guy:D I suppose there's going to be a great atmosphere at that theater.
The first official (public) showings of the film over here (in Germany) are May 21st 8 pm.

(The ticket sales in Frankfurt don't start until this thursday if anybody from that area is reading this.)

xfkirsten

Just bought my ticket for AMC Pleasure Island in Orlando! Now hopefully I'm not scheduled to work too late that night - if I am, I'm calling in. :p (At least I just work across property...)

IndyCon

I just got may ticket here in the UK for 2pm on the 22nd and then later I?ll get a ticket for a 5pm showing that same day. BRING IT ON. (y):whip:

IndyKate

Just bought my tickets for the 12:01 showing!!!! (y)
(I got some weird looks when I started jumping up and down, squealing with delight...)

I just picked my tickets up for the 12:01 in Germantown Maryland. I got two, but I'm not sure if my buddy is going with me or not. If not at least I'll have a nice seat by me that no one can sit in!

ReggieSnake

I just bought the very first two tickets today to the 12:01 showing here in Lincoln. I was kind of surprised when the guy told me I had just bought the two first tickets, since they have been on sale since at least last Thursday or Friday. It's cool though, I'm the first person (if not still the only person) in Nebraska who has tickets for KotCS!:whip:

GlasgowChivas

Got mine last night - Glasgow Braehead, Odeon, Premium Seats

8pm showing though - couldn't get time off work to go earlier! Boo!

IndyKate

ReggieSnake said:
I just bought the very first two tickets today to the 12:01 showing here in Lincoln. I was kind of surprised when the guy told me I had just bought the two first tickets, since they have been on sale since at least last Thursday or Friday. It's cool though, I'm the first person (if not still the only person) in Nebraska who has tickets for KotCS!:whip:

Congratulations on being the first person! (y)
I know I was the first to buy at my local AMC - because the workers didn't even know they were selling them yet! :D (y) :whip:

The fact that no one else is taking as active an interest in the showing here makes me wonder just how early to show up at the theater, though. I showed up 2 hours early for Pirates of the Caribbean 3, but was sitting outside the theater with only my friend for at least 90 minutes of that... did the same for Return of the King and there were many more people ahead of us - so obviously it depends on the franchise...

When is everyone else planning to arrive and how long are you planning to wait in line?

DaveTheHutt

Yes! Sorted for the 7pm showing on May 22nd at the Leicester Square Odeon in London...

/cue red line moving across map montage