Could the next Indy movie flashback to a WW2 adventure?

DetectiveFork

I think it would be too expensive to film a whole movie this way, but perhaps the technology used to de-age Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-Men 3 could be used to make Harrison Ford look younger. Indy 5 could include a lengthy flashback or a series of flashbacks in which we see Indy having an adventure during World War 2, and it could somehow relate to the "current day" plot of the film in which Indy is in his 50s or 60s. It could even be in black and white, which might be cool as a throwback to the old adventure movie serials. I think the 1940s are a huge missing gap in Indy's career that we haven't seen on screen, and I'd like to see it at least touched on.

Kingsley

I was thinking exactly about this right now...
The WW2 time frame, and the Xmen 3 effects. I'm not fond of them, but the idea of Indy in the middle of that colossal war still blows my mind. And though I havent seen Kotcs yet, I know I will miss those nasty nazis, so there will be present again. And you can't recast a younger actor for that, it's not young indy.

But I think it should be done with a photography that allows to see him fragmented, in shadows. And maybe not a long flashback. Not going the 'Lost' way, but still a flashback related to the actual plot.

Lucas would surely go for the use of such a technology. Spielberg could accept it if there are good reasons.

DetectiveFork

I think ILM could pull it off. To start with, I think the most noticeable aging Harrison's gone through is the gray hair, and a little dye would easily take care of that. He's still in great physical shape, so that's not an issue. And he could look a BIT older than in Last Crusade, since the flashback would take place a few years after that movie. Harrison was starting to show some age in Last Crusade, anyway, compared to the the first two movies. And if special effects could remove a few wrinkles, I think it would overall be very effective. The flashback could be akin to the the Young Indy flashback in Last Crusade, a decent enough length to tell a short story that relates to the present.

Vendetta08

My only regret that it took so long to finally get Indy 4 off the ground is that they were never able to make any Indy films in the 90s. I'd have love to have seen an Indy adventure set in the 40s with Indy in his 40s. Alas, it's too late now. I don't want a movie with X3-digital age makeup.

Surely, if Lucas and Spielberg wanted an Indy movie with Ford playing Indy in his 40s during WWII, they would have done it with Indy 4.

Young Indy

I would have been cool to have more adventures of Indy during WW2. He could be a spy again like he was in WWI. That could of been done in the 90's but now, it is time to move on to other things. I would like to read some comics and books and play some Indy games that take place in WW2. It would be cool to have Indy adventure in WW2 but maybe not fighting the Germans but the Japs to give a little different flavor and newness like the Russians.

DetectiveFork

I still think a plausible alternative would be to have an animated (possibly CGI) movie or TV series about Indy's adventures in different decades, including the 1940s. And if Harrison could do the voice, it would rock.

Young Indy

That could be an awesome idea. Like the new Clone Wars series. You could have other adventures after YIJ and before Temple of Doom to fill in that part of his life. Good idea I never thought of that.(y)

DetectiveFork

In Indy 4 is successful, maybe it'll happen. Of course, I have this fear of a network insisting on an anime-style, kiddified series that must include Mutt in all the adventures.

Chris Jones

I would love to see this. It would be perfect for the next opening monologue for the fifth movie if there is one. I'd love to see how Indy dealt with the war and being in combat. Would make for a very interesting story.

Shortie

Nah, I say stick with the 50's/60's. Maybe start a cartoon series switching back between the 30's, 40's & 50's.

Dr.Sartorius

DetectiveFork said:
I think it would be too expensive to film a whole movie this way, but perhaps the technology used to de-age Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-Men 3 could be used to make Harrison Ford look younger. Indy 5 could include a lengthy flashback or a series of flashbacks in which we see Indy having an adventure during World War 2, and it could somehow relate to the "current day" plot of the film in which Indy is in his 50s or 60s. It could even be in black and white, which might be cool as a throwback to the old adventure movie serials. I think the 1940s are a huge missing gap in Indy's career that we haven't seen on screen, and I'd like to see it at least touched on.

That's certainly a better idea than having Mutt take over for Indy.

11YearsLater

perhaps the technology used to de-age Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-Men 3 could be used to make Harrison Ford look younger. Indy 5 could include a lengthy flashback or a series of flashbacks in which we see Indy having an adventure during World War 2,
Yes, I can see that happening.