Find Your Fate

Niteshade007

JimmyPSHayes said:
My wife was in Disney a few months ago, and she called me to see what I wanted from the Indy Outpost, and I believe they had them at the shop.

Really? I was just at Disney and I don't recall seeing them. Maybe I just missed them. But the only books I saw were some Star Wars books and maybe a couple Indiana Jones ones, but I don't remember a choose your own adventure one.

Ohio Jones

I vaguely remember the 'Indy' Choose your own adventure (Or fate) books... Most of the books of that type put you in the role of a kid, but even as a kid I wanted to be an adult character and especially with an 'Indy' book... If you're reading an Indiana Jones 'Choose your own adventure', who'd want to be some twerpy kid when you could be the man himself!?

Junior Jones

Hi there!

I've been away from the Raven for a while, but the recent news and IJ4 hype has brought me back. Now I'm getting caught up on all the old discussions.

If anyone's interested, I adapted a few of the Find Your Fate Adventures into straightforward narratives, picking out the best elements from all the story branches and putting them together. You can read them here. Let me know what you think.

chapter11

Ohio Jones said:
If you're reading an Indiana Jones 'Choose your own adventure', who'd want to be some twerpy kid when you could be the man himself!?

That was always my problem with them, too. Even as a kid I remember thinking, "Who's brilliant idea was that?"

Indy's Fist

Do you guys have any idea how many adventures me & Indiana Jones went on?! These books were fantastic! Yes they were written for kids/teens, but I WAS a kid/teen in those days. To be able to go on an adventure with my favorite hero was great! I still pick up those books and go out on a fun trip with Dr. Jones and to rekindel my youth!:)

drjones

Boy, does this take me back. I didn't even remember having one of these until I saw the cover for the Gold Of Genghis Khan one. Good thread.

No Ticket

Not too long ago... two of my friends and myself went to the top of one of said friends' roof. There we sat for like 2 hours taking turns reading a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, actually acting out the voices and such.

How sad considering I was 22 at the time.

Little Indy

I have the first one somewhere. I thought it was cool cuz it had to do with Indy. I was really young when I got it so I didn't have much say in what my parents bought me or not. Good times looking back.

Dr.Sartorius

I still have a copy of RL Stine's Indiana Jones and the Giants of the Silver Tower. Its a fun Indy story. I bought it at Disneyland about 7-10 years ago.

Indy fan 235

I have the first 5 books in the Find Your Fate Indy books. I plan on getting the rest. I remember being a kid and enjoying them.

OmegaSeamaster

As a kid, I remember being dismayed that you never read these books from the perspective of Indiana Jones. You were always playing as some "sidekick" that traveled with Indy on one of his legendary adventures.

I suppose that was still fun, but I wanted to be Indy!

I think the only ones I had were "Treasure of Sheba" and "Eye of the Fates."

Which book was it where you run into Belloq's brother?

I had one and I think it was called Indiana Jones And The Cup Of the Vampire or something along those lines. Very enjoyable. (And slightly unacceptable when your choice leads to Indy's doom.:sick: )

OmegaSeamaster

I liked the unsuccessful ending in "Lost Treasure of Sheba" where a mob is after you and there's no escaping it.

As you cower behind Indy, he rolls up his sleeves and says something like, "Get ready kid."

I was optimistic.