Old Trilogy Interviews

micsteam

Yeah, the original DVDs I was using was Fuji Film DVD-R and these discs didn't work on anything except the Toshiba recorder itself, I read up that DVD-R discs may not work on several types of equipment and that was evident. So I purchased Sunday JVC DVD+R and it seems these don't work either.

AndyLGR

micsteam said:
Yeah, the original DVDs I was using was Fuji Film DVD-R and these discs didn't work on anything except the Toshiba recorder itself, I read up that DVD-R discs may not work on several types of equipment and that was evident. So I purchased Sunday JVC DVD+R and it seems these don't work either.
Some dvd players don't play copied discs at all.

micsteam

Hey Stoo, can't seem to get your email and your PM folder has exceeded it's limit. Get back to me when you can, you said you'd be able to help me figure something out with uploading these videos. Let me know when you can. My email is palmbchautosports@yahoo.com or you can call/text (561)313-2249 Whatever works best for you.
Talk soon,
micsteam

Here some more for you Stoo. I remember watching this when it was on in 1989. taped it and lost it!!! now found again on youtube
Indy goodies start at 27 mins in
enjoy

Last edited:

micsteam

Well, boys and girls, I finally got my Last Crusade interviews and videos from 1989 up and going. You can check out http://youtu.be/PJxyaDMMFJ4 for the first video I was able to get on youtube, I'm still working on a program to get the rest up this week !!! Enjoy !!! I'd appreciate the first feedback here as I will know who you are and I will check often. Thanks. :hat:

micsteam

Here's the TV trailer before the movie came out and the Spring 1989 Entertainment Tonight interview with Sean Connery

:hat:

Indy is inducted into the Smithsonian Washington D.C. (probably) Summer 1989 with Harrison Ford

:hat:

Hey Rollerball, nice piece on the stuntman, I have to finish watching it. Thnx

Random TV coverage Spring/Summer 1989

And finally the Premiere Magazine (I beleive is now defunct) 1989 coverage of Last Crusade

. Let me know what you think, enjoy !!! :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving your goodies micsteam. Feels like 1989 all over again.
Huge Thank you!!
I think they should make a good documentary about the making of Last Crusade. Just like the Making of Raiders on the blu ray.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
If you need any help in authoring your dvd to give it a nice menu then I don't mind volunteering my services if you need any help.
Thanks for volunteering, Andy. I'd like to learn how to author DVDs myself but may just take you up on the offer. Along with all of this new stuff being available, we could put together a pretty, nice DVD. We could even put The Raven logo on it.
ROLLERBALL said:
Here some more for you Stoo. I remember watching this when it was on in 1989. taped it and lost it!!! now found again on youtube
Indy goodies start at 27 mins in
enjoy
Great find, Rollerball! Yet another rare gem that you've uncovered!(y)

It's so wonderful to see more making-of-"Crusade" footage because it's the movie with the least. What is particularly interesting about this programme is that it shows them filming deleted scenes: the canyon exploding as well as Brothers of the Cruciform Sword flying through the air for the motorboat crash! Very cool to see the bit with Vic Armstrong side-by-side with Harrison in full gear. Also, at the beginning of the video there's a shot of the crew filming Indy's balcony swing. Thank you for finding this!:hat:

I know how you feel about losing recordings. *Somewhere* I have a recording of Spielberg being interviewed on the set of the Utah sequence in "Crusade" with the water tank in the background. Problem is, I can't frickin' find it!:mad:

Now I'm off to watch all of micsteam's goodies!

Last edited:

Stoo

micsteam said:
Well, boys and girls, I finally got my Last Crusade interviews and videos from 1989 up and going...
FANTASTIC, micsteam! I can't even begin to relate how pleasing this is.(y) Two weeks ago, a certain Raven member said, "This forum seems to have reached the age where it stops giving us things and starts taking them away". Bollocks to that! Your uploads are a generous gift (and a nice birthday present). Love it, love it, love it.
ROLLERBALL said:
Loving your goodies micsteam. Feels like 1989 all over again.
Huge Thank you!!
Right. Notice the complete absence of terms like, "MacGuffin" and "franchise". (Unlike today, they said "artifact" and "saga".)

Anyone interested in Indiana Jones before the 4th & 5th film should watch these videos.

---
First off, Mary's big pile of hair is always fun to see. Not many people use hairspray in these environmentally conscious days. She is a great reminder of the times (because I also emptied many, many, many aerosol spay cans upon my own head back then).

Harrsion Ford Interview: He looks really good there and Leeza seems to be enamoured with him. It's from the same "Entertainment Tonight" interview as my recordings but much longer and better. According to the narration, this segment aired the week before the film's release. BONUS: IT HAS A LONGER CLIP OF THE DELETED SPIDER SCENE!!!

TV commercial: This is different from the one that I have. I should upload mine.

Sean Connery Interview: Rare to see Connery talk about his involvement with "Crusade". Very special!

Smithsonian Institute
: Cool. I have footage of this filmed from a different angle.

Unknown Programme: Wow. This is GREAT! Spielberg with the water tower in the background is the same as my lost recording. The big bonuses are: Deleted footage of Donovan's elevator & the airport scene!

Premiere Magazine: This is INCREDIBLE! Too much to say right now. It contains most of the rare footage mentioned above PLUS LOADS of other RARE stuff! It's dynamite! Thank you so much for sharing, Micsteam!

I'm absolutely gob-smacked by your vintage videos and can't thank you enough for uploading them. CHEERS!(y) :hat: :whip:

micsteam

I am so happy you enjoyed them !!! Yeah they are vintage, the same VHS tape has Batman, Lethal Weapon 2, and Star Trek 5 plus some others I started to tape the Spring/Summer movie coverage in like January/February that year. I also have the Japanese making of Last Crusade (totally behind the scenes stuff never released with interviews with Lucas and Spielberg) I just have to figure out how to upload it and if I have to break it up into parts. I'd have to go through my VHS stuff but I think that's it, I wish I had more for you guys. Glad you like'd everything, it seems it was worth the effort. :hat:

And oh yes, Happy Birthday Stoo !! :hat:

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
Thanks for volunteering, Andy. I'd like to learn how to author DVDs myself but may just take you up on the offer. Along with all of this new stuff being available, we could put together a pretty, nice DVD. We could even put The Raven logo on it.
I know the feeling, I was exactly the same when people were authoring DVD's for me. Since I learnt the ropes I've authored lots of compilation DVD's creating artwork along the way for the menus too. The offers there, but if you need any help or advice just give me a shout.

micsteam

Rollerball, I think there is mention of it here on the Raven some time ago last year. It was in a zip file I beleive and I needed a special program to open it and view it. What I'm thinking I might do is play it from my computer to my DVD recorder and then play it back and video capture it. I'm setting it up now... let's see what happens.:confused:

micsteam

Well I was successful in making a DVD of the Japanese Making of the Last Crusade ( yes Stoo it will play on all my devices now) now I am caputring it to a video file and should have it up today on Youtube. Anybody want this on DVD please PM me and cover DVD and S&H $$ and I'll be happy to supply a copy to you, I might be able to do the same for all the other videos I put up on Youtube as well. :hat:

Stoo

micsteam said:
Glad you like'd everything, it seems it was worth the effort. :hat:
Thanks for going through all the trouble & effort. I love it.:hat:
micsteam said:
Rollerball, I think there is mention of it here on the Raven some time ago last year. It was in a zip file I beleive and I needed a special program to open it and view it. What I'm thinking I might do is play it from my computer to my DVD recorder and then play it back and video capture it. I'm setting it up now... let's see what happens.:confused:
Micsteam, it was actually ROLLERBALL who found it (& started a thread on it). I tracked down a better copy and uploaded only the Indiana Jones-related segments because there were copyright issues with some of the other content.

Details and links can be found in here:
Japanese making of Last Crusade documentary

The links to my uploads are in post #35.

micsteam

Great !!! I was having a hell of a time trying to upload this to Youtube, they said the file was to long. Stoo if you want I can get this stuff ( interviews and the japanese making) on DVD ?? Let me know. :hat: