Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #101
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Sorry, no, I'm not confusing anything. I'm stating facts. The confusion rests with you...one who is taking Montana's initial statement into your usual realm of Darth Vile opinion. The new version of "Star Wars" has LESS callousness & 'gore' (and I use that term very lightly) than the 1977 original. That is an undeniable fact.

Hhhmm... Arguing that the Special Edition of ANH has LESS callousness and 'gore' simply because of a nano seconds worth of change is like arguing that ANH is now much more focused on the story of Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo. However, using a bit of common sense, any such change is not reflective of the overall tone/content/movie. Neither is it evidence enough to prove that Lucas is on a quest to retro "soften" his life's work. I'd give you more credence if you were suggesting it was purely a financial exercise (which it might well be for all I know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Hello? Don't change the subject, Vile. What is sad is that you would only welcome the Indy Blu-ray editions if they contained changes...merely to "piss off disgruntled fans" and, like I said, that ain't me....
Who is changing the subject? As you seem to be someone who regularly uses smilies, I thought you'd get that my original post was done with a modicum of tongue in cheek (please see my original paragraph you quoted). I was half joking before, but yes on reflection, it would amuse me to think "disgruntled fans" would be p*issed off by it. If you are not "disgruntled", then you shouldn't have a problem with it...
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #102
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

I hope they release all 4 movies in one blu-ray box set.

And please give us deleted scenes.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #103
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
Hhhmm... Arguing that the Special Edition of ANH has LESS callousness and 'gore' simply because of a nano seconds worth of change is like arguing that ANH is now much more focused on the story of Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo. However, using a bit of common sense, any such change is not reflective of the overall tone/content/movie. Neither is it evidence enough to prove that Lucas is on a quest to retro "soften" his life's work. I'd give you more credence if you were suggesting it was purely a financial exercise (which it might well be for all I know).
I'm not talking about the overall 'tone', I'm talking strictly on a technical level so you're missing my point, Vile. (By the way, the "LESS callousness" is a reference to the softened Greedo scene, not the prison block trimming.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
Who is changing the subject? As you seem to be someone who regularly uses smilies, I thought you'd get that my original post was done with a modicum of tongue in cheek (please see my original paragraph you quoted). I was half joking before, but yes on reflection, it would amuse me to think "disgruntled fans" would be p*issed off by it. If you are not "disgruntled", then you shouldn't have a problem with it...
I don't have a problem with it. As stated previously, I would like to own a legit copy of the re-done jeep/cliff shot.

Keep in mind, folks, that these films are not entirely George Lucas' babies. Any possible changes made for a Blu-ray release would most likely rest with Spielberg...y'know, the director.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #104
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

I Would Love That. And If Spielberg Made Some Changes
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #105
Morning Bell
IndyFan

Considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of Raiders I see no reason why this shouldn't happen. Deleted scenes and commentary would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath for those.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #106
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
Considering this year marks the 30th anniversary of Raiders I see no reason why this shouldn't happen. Deleted scenes and commentary would be amazing but I'm not holding my breath for those.

Lucas would be up for commentary, but probably not Spielberg, unless he was cajoled. And if so, that would be a special 30th anniversary present to the fans.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #107
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
I Would Love That. And If Spielberg Made Some Changes
What changes would you like?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #108
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
What changes would you like?

Clean up the effects make it clearer .
Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #109
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Clean up the effects make it clearer .
I'm for that, which ones?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #110
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm for that, which ones?

Plane scenes explosions The Blimp scene in Crusade. It looked so fake. That's all I can think of.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #111
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Plane scenes explosions The Blimp scene in Crusade. It looked so fake. That's all I can think of.
Those are the big ones...I wouldn't mind them cleaned up.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #112
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Those are the big ones...I wouldn't mind them cleaned up.

Quote:

Agreed... the exploding plane in TOD and some of the messerschmitt shots in TLC (specifically the demise by seagulls).

Being greedy; I'd love to see some new... more elaborate (but subtle) digital matte shots to open up Cairo/Shanghai/Venice etc. but that'll never happen.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #113
the lost ark
IndyFan

As long as I can get the Theatrical cut, Lucas can make the swordsman shoot first for all I care.
the lost ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #114
Samuel
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lost ark
As long as I can get the Theatrical cut, Lucas can make the swordsman shoot first for all I care.

HAHAHA, that was priceless.
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #115
the lost ark
IndyFan

It just came to me.
the lost ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #116
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lost ark
It just came to me.
Sheer, unadulterated brilliance!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #117
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:

I agree tenfold.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #118
VP
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I agree tenfold.
But what about Plato's tenfold error?
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #119
Rocket Surgeon

Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #120
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP
But what about Plato's tenfold error?

Which would be accurate, since Finn already said that.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost....6&postcount=17

I mentioned it twice already in this thread. It's only a matter of time before George makes Stephen bend over, and while he's not looking, inserts the swordsman's CG gun.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #121
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:

No changes!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...change-raiders
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #122
Ropes
IndyFan

Dig

I would just like to see them on blu-ray just so I'll have something new to buy.
Ropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #123
Indy's brother
IndyFan

I suppose this is relevant in some way, George Lucas' American Graffiti will be released on Blu-ray soon:

Quote:
Universal officially have made public (via press site and early retailer alert) their plans to bring the classic 1973 George Lucas written and directed film “American Graffiti” starring Ron Howard, Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford, Cindy Williams, Mackenzie Phillips and Suzanne Somers to Blu-ray Disc on May 31st.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #124
indyclone25
IndyFan

this week from the digital bits.................................

MY TWO CENTS - 5/23/11 - by Digital Bits editor Bill Hunt

Now then... a follow-up note from last week: A few dedicated Raiders fans have e-mailed to say that I'm surely wrong in my speculation that Raiders of the Lost Ark will come out on Blu-ray from Paramount in 2012, as THIS year marks the film's 30th anniversary. That's certainly a valid point, and it's one that I've absolutely considered. But here's the thing: I have a VERY hard time believing that Lucasfilm would allow their two biggest franchise properties to hit Blu-ray in the same year and thus directly compete with each other for holiday spending dollars. That just makes very little business sense. And since all 6 Star Wars films are already on tap for Blu-ray release in September - and Lucasfilm started promoting it way back in August of last year - Raiders seems to me unlikely for the format in 2011. On the other hand, with Paramount celebrating their 100th anniversary next year, what better way to celebrate that with the debut of a couple of their biggest catalog hits on Blu-ray - Titanic in the Spring and the Raiders Trilogy for the holidays? Hey... if Paramount announces Raiders BDs for the holidays this year at Comic-Con, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. But that's my guess as to how it'll play out, and what information we have from our industry sources so far seems to bear it out. We'll see...
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #125
Rocket Surgeon

Set in 1935, a professor, archaeologist, and legendary hero by the name of Indiana Jones is back in action in his newest adventure. But this time he teams up with a night club singer named Wilhelmina Willie Scott and a twelve-year-old boy named Short Round. They end up in an Indian small distressed village, where the people believe that evil spirits have taken all their children away after a sacred precious stone was stolen! They also discovered the great mysterious terror surrounding a booby-trapped temple known as the Temple of Doom! Thuggee is beginning to attempt to rise once more, believing that with the power of all five Sankara stones they can rule the world! Now, it s all up to Indiana to put an end to the Thuggee campaign, rescue the lost children, win the girl and conquer the Temple of Doom.