TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Indy 4 Lovers Thread

I figured since there's an Indy 4 haters thread, there should be a Indy 4 lovers thread. Who else loves Indy 4?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
agentsands77
IndyFan

I don't know that I love KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, but I definitely like it. Hope that's enough to merit my presence inside this thread.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
LostArk
IndyFan

Guilty as charged
Hopefully we'll outnumber the haters.
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Avilos
IndyFan

Howdy fellow Crystal Skull lovers!

Lets starting talking about how Indiana Jones saw a Flying Saucer. The haters will run away in contempt! LOL!
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #5
Connery's Toupe

This movie was my wildest dreams come true. A beautiful gift to all the fans.
I appreciate this movie.
Connery's Toupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
|ZiR|
IndyFan

I love KotCS, though what I also love is the diversity of opinions it has sparked here at the Raven.

I love that this isn't your typical blithering fanboy place that eats up all new content without question. A lot of the haters complaints are valid and well thought out; and not only that, but a few point out things I hadn't been aware of.

Not that any of it changes MY opinion of the film. I still love it. But it is refreshing to see negative criticism that isn't simply "Indy 4 sucks lololol" type trolling.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
loganbush
IndyFan

I love this movie! Lots of fun!
loganbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
Kernunnos
IndyFan

I love the film for all its faults.

The Doomtown sequence is right up there with any classic Indy sequence you care to name and I feel sorry for those who can't appreciate the alien and the flying saucer at the end.
Kernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
Melesse
IndyFan

yay Indy4!! about time!! i didnt think that I would like it or like Shia LaBueaf in it, but I liked most of it. and it was the first role that Shia LaBueaf had that I didnt hate his acting.
Melesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
A_True_Believer
IndyFan

The ending was a little weak for me, not because of the sci-fi twist but because Indy doesn't really do a whole lot and the final scenes didn't grip me like the climaxes of TOD or LC.

But wait, you say, this is an Indy 4 LOVERS thread! Yes, I know.

Besides the ending, I think this movie is the most fun out of the entire series. I've seen it six times so far, and each time it makes me happy straight through to the end. At first I thought it didn't flow too well, but I take that back. I think the film as a whole is better than LC.
A_True_Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #11
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Why are you spamming my thread?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
James
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_True_Believer
Besides the ending, I think this movie is the most fun out of the entire series.

It definitely has a good flow to it, and almost feels like a 1950s comicbook. I'd love to hear Lucas and Spielberg comment on which specific B movies inspired it. (Someone suggested this should be included on the dvd in a separate thread.)

To me, the film is like "Tarzan Triumphs" meets "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers". You have all the key ingredients of a great 50s flick: Desert army bases, government paranoia, giant insects, mind control, commies, a lost city, aliens, etc.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
Young Indy
IndyFan

Seen it 6 times and I love it. Also reading the novel between viewings. One of the best experiences I have had at the theater. So much fun to watch!
Young Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
Shortie
IndyFan

I loved this movie, thought the skeletons turning into one alien was gay. I think they should of left them dead.
I also didn't like the monkeys or kids racing but that's it.

"GET DAT GWEASAH!"
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #15
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

I'd go as far as to say it's my 2nd favorite of the quadrilogy( ).

I think it's clearly better than TOD, while I've always like The Last Crusade, this was a little better as it was more original as LC feels like Raiders Part II.

KOTCS would literally had to have been the greatest movie ever made if it wanted to top Raiders, which of course, is an unfair expectation of any movie.

It also has a special place in my heart as it's the first time I have seen an Indy movie at the cinema(or have even seen Harrison Ford on the big screen for that matter). Might very well be the best theatre going experience of my life.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:48 AM   #16
Sharlow
IndyFan

Hi All

I'm a newbie here, and I've been reading your great board for the last week.

I went to see KOTCS on Thursday with my husband, and we both really enjoyed it. I loved it so much I'm going to watch it again tomorrow on my own and will most likely go again with my mum, who's a huge Indy fan from way back.

I've gotta say I agree with a lot of the arguments presented on this board as to the depth of the story etc, but I go to the movies and watch them at home for entertainment value, and this one certainly delivered that in spades. I loved the sword fight/truck chase part thru the forrest, I laughed myself silly in a couple of places and the romantic in me sighed at the end when he got hitched.

All in all it touched all the bases, and I was very pleased to see that Harrison Ford is still as gorgeous as ever in that hat and jacket, and that the past 20 years haven't impacted on him quite as badly as I thought they might.

Jo
Sharlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #17
tambourineman
IndyFan

Count me in. Just saw it, loved it. Really made me feel like a child again. They dont make movies like this anymore, just a really fun adventure film with one great scene after another. The warehouse escape, the nuke, the 50's cafe and greaser fight, the motorbike chase, the quicksand, the jungle chase, the waterfalls, the ants, the temple, the UFO, I loved it all!

I also think Indy's reaction to seeing Marion for the first time was priceless, one of the all time funniest Indy moments
tambourineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #18
Turtle
IndyFan

Have to join in here, loved the movie. It just worked for me I guess. To me, it doesn't matter how out there the Indy films go, as long as the character of Indy remains true, which in my opinion he did. As long as the core remains true, nothing can be that bad. Seeing it again tomorrow.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #19
Agent Z
IndyFan

Some days I like this film...some days I don't.

Some parts of the film I love insanely...some parts make me feel like a jilted lover.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 AM   #20
Mutt-Jones III
IndyFan

Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I figured since there's an Indy 4 haters thread, there should be a Indy 4 lovers thread. Who else loves Indy 4?

The fourth is my favorite in the series! If not tied with Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Mutt-Jones III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #21
Joel
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
Seeing as how you guys are always crashing our party, thought we'd come over here and reciprocate.

Allow me to welcome you with open arms, sincerely I respect your opinion. For the most part, I enjoyed the film. It certainly had its flaws, but I enjoyed it.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
eroc
IndyFan

Indy 4 was a great movie. Two thumbs up! It may have been too deep for some of these people...and that's sad.
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #23
fatima
IndyFan

I could not say that I adored the movie in the first time I saw it, cause I had the sense I didn't catch everything about the story, I had to read the subtitles at the same time I'm looking at the image...so it misses a little, and I had the sense of being in a roller coster, where the action was so fast that I was like slow down, please...LOL. But I enjoyed the whole ride a lot!!! I watched in huge screen for the first time too, but I noticed there is a lack of coulor, I watched again this weekend with smaller screen and digital one with better coulor image, and I let myself to relax and let it go cause I knew how the story would develop so I kept my eyes wide open to not miss details or catch the most I could, and I just LOVE the movie a lot...and yes I can't separate my emotinal moods I was so emotive of being watching for the first time a freaking Indy movie in the cinema, with a SOLD out room, it was a double pleasure, and a sold out room for a Harrison Ford movie, something never seen before with me attending at any of his movies since 1992. Cinemas were almost full but not sold out!
Indy added new traces of his personality this time that we don't see in the previous ones and that only turns his character more complete, more humain, more wise, more charming too. We cannot forget the other characters who just were fantastic as well to help to make a movie in which I have nothing but proud of loving it and no shame in admiting it.
fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #24
Indy-Anna
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroc
Indy 4 was a great movie. Two thumbs up! It may have been too deep for some of these people...and that's sad.

Then that's their loss. I thought the film was quite good.

So for those on this thread who actually liked Indy 4, what did you like most about the movie and do you think it's is good the the original three?
Indy-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
Sharlow
IndyFan

Seeing as this is the Indy 4 Lover's thread, that means I can wax rapturously about what I loved in this movie

Lets See

1. Harrison Ford, by geeze for a bloke who's nearly the same age as my dad,he's way hot still. (which is a bit scary when I think about it coz my dad is so not hot )

2. The humour. It's got some great one liners (as seen in another thread on here) and some visual gags that just make you want to giggle quietly to yourself (or is that just me? )

3. The chase/sword fight scene. I love it from start to finish. Even tho I knew 2nd time round that it all works out in the end, the bit along the top of the cliff makes me want to close my eyes, and the tension is great. The russian soldier voluntarily jumping off the back of the car always makes me laugh.

4. The wedding, I know, I'm a girl, we just love weddings, but if Indy has to get married at last, thank god it's not to Willie coz I just want to slap her. Marion is perfect for Indy and Mutt is everything you'd expect Indy's unknown son to be.

Okay, school time for the Kid, so I'd better stop waffling on, or I'll be here all day and thats not good.
Sharlow is offline   Reply With Quote