TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #51
Saber79
IndyFan

Great pictures! I would have loved to have seen Indy whip the Cemetery guy. That would have made the scene a little more fun.

I've also been reading the novelization and I think they should included the dirt floor dropping out from under them while searching for Orelana's grave. Would have added some classic moments to the scene as well as some adventure/tension moments...would have been cool.
Saber79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #52
Luke Skywalker
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinland
'There are no "deleted" scenes as Steven is very economical with setups. All scenes scripted are in the film, there are a couple of trimmed shots here and there and that's about it.'

IF he films the whole script, then he is not economical at all. He shoots everying and then trimms the movie to the best experience from his point of view.

And therefore lots of deleted scenes or unused footaga exist(ed)
Luke Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #53
Joosse
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCamels
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there's always the possibility that any deleted scenes no longer exist. Nobody thought of keeping them around for DVD releases back in the '80s.

As sad as it may seem, I'm afraid you nailed it there, my friend....
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 AM   #54
AnImaginaryBoy
IndyFan

It's a good point, but as I said before, why would they keep cut scenes from Jaws and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, two films that weren't guranteed (spelled wrong!) to be successes in the way the Indy films were, but not for Indiana Jones? While probably not every little bit of footage they filmed they kept, but I'd be very surprised if there weren't a few deleted scenes from the Indy films out there somewhere....
AnImaginaryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #55
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

I'm not sure that the Jaws and Close Encounters deleted scenes were "kept" so much as "by chance not destroyed."
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #56
Henry
IndyFan

This blog has some coll stuf: http://indianajonesraiders.blogspot.com/
but is in Portuguese.

You can see the translated version to English with the Google Translator here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=pt&u=http%3A%2F%2Findianajonesraiders.blogspot.com%2F &langpair=pt|en
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #57
Henry
IndyFan

This blog has some coll stuf: http://indianajonesraiders.blogspot.com/
but is in Portuguese.

You can see the translated version to English with the Google Translator.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #58
Robyn
IndyFan

I wish this cut scene had been left in!

Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #59
James
IndyFan

Just to streamline things even more, there were at least three notable scenes cut from KOTCS.

Spalko Threatens Mac
After holding the sword to Indy's neck, Mac is taken outside the hangar and thrown beneath the wheel of a car. Variations of this scene can be found in the magazine, trading cards, and playing cards. Actual footage of it was briefly glimpsed on the official site.

Indy Vs. Cemetery Warrior
Mutt throws his switchblade, which stabs one of the cemetery warriors. The warrior then prepares to throw the blade back, but Indy uses his whip to lash onto the warrior's arm. This would've occurred right after Indy yells, "Those darts are poisonous!" In the film, this is also why Indy trails his whip behind him as he chases after the warrior. Despite being omitted, this scene popped up quite often in promotional and marketing materials. It can be found on everything from trading cards to the cover of the comic adaptation.

Spalko and the Skull
During the jungle convoy, Spalko discusses her psychic research and attempts to communicate with the skull. Mac expresses disbelief and asks if she can tell what he's thinking. Spalko replies, "If I feel the slightest need," and we learn that Mac was wondering if she would kill him at the journey's end. This would have taken place right before the scene where Mutt learns that Indy is his father. Variations of this scene can be found in the magazine, trading cards, and playing cards.

Evidence of three minor scenes also exists:

Marion's Delay
During the jungle convoy, Marion's vehicle gets stuck and she has to get out and wedge it out of a ditch. A still from this scene was included in the final issue of the magazine.

Piranha Attack
Just before the first waterfall, Mutt is attacked by a piranha. A behind the scenes photo can be found in the Photographic Journal book. However, it's unclear whether it was the actual scene, or Shia simply joking around with the prop.

Through Eyes in Tears
Also in the Photographic Journal, there's a shot of everyone running through a waterfall. It appears to be at the entrance of the Ugha cave, and not taken from the gang's final escape during the finale.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #60
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronicle

It would have been great to include it as an out take, but in the movie it would have drained the tension and given us that payoff too soon.

Remember how they left Nepal partners...still their future was uncertain?
Then in Cairo the were stealing looks at each other...things were warming up.
That even though she put up a good fight one on one she was abducted, and trying to save her...things got a little too hot and he finally killed her?

How he stole the first kiss when he found her in the tent, and finally that great scene where theyfinally get a break, (even though it was short) no pressure, just a bit battered and weary.

Quality progression, not forced...build the anticipation.

But as an extra sure, show Karen Allen making out all day long!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #61
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronicle

Where did you find this pic?
Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #62
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakis
Where did you find this pic?

I got it out of the final issue of the Indy magazine, I had never seen it before either!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #63
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
It would have been great to include it as an out take, but in the movie it would have drained the tension and given us that payoff too soon.

Remember how they left Nepal partners...still their future was uncertain?
Then in Cairo the were stealing looks at each other...things were warming up.
That even though she put up a good fight one on one she was abducted, and trying to save her...things got a little too hot and he finally killed her?

How he stole the first kiss when he found her in the tent, and finally that great scene where theyfinally get a break, (even though it was short) no pressure, just a bit battered and weary.

Quality progression, not forced...build the anticipation.

But as an extra sure, show Karen Allen making out all day long!

Actually you're absolutely right, that tension needed to be there, it would have been broken too soon if they kissed in the bar.. I loved the way you described those scenes btw! I can't wait to read a story from you!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #64
Robyn
IndyFan

Does anyone know if some of those scenes in the novel were actually filmed but taken out? Such as the the scene at Sallah's house when Indy goes to Marion's bedroom? or the kiss at the end on the steps? I always loved the kiss at the end when Marion says "well I know what I've got here" she kisses him and he says "well it's not the Ark but it'll have to do"
Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #65
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
8. Last Crusade - Sallah smacks a camel:
While Marcus and Sallah are trying to get away at the train station, Sallah smacks a camel, causing it to spit on the Nazis. Sallah then fights the Nazis.

Sallah doesn't seem like the kind of man who would smack a camel. Everywhere else I read about that scene, I got the impression that he did it for no reason. Thank you for explaining that he did it so that it would spit on the Nazis after.
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #66
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Did you find most of the deleted scenes from comics?
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #67
digitalfreaknyc
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCamels
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there's always the possibility that any deleted scenes no longer exist. Nobody thought of keeping them around for DVD releases back in the '80s.

Not a chance in hell. Lucasfilm saved EVERYTHING. There's deleted footage from the Star Wars films on the DVD release. Spielberg just isn't a fan of showing deleted scenes on his releases, similar to commentaries.

Jaws and CE were exceptions because both were released on laserdisc with deleted scenes, long before it became some sort of "standard practice."
digitalfreaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #68
Rocket Surgeon

The Death of Chatter L'all

Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #69
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stranger
I hope someday they'll decide to release a special DVD edition of the saga, with possibly all of the deleted footage from the first three films... maybe even remastered... boys, that would be cool.

Ooh! I hope they do it like the New Best Ever Ultimate Super Collector Version of the Star Wars saga! For the Indy saga, maybe they could use lots and lots of CG for the new scenes, put a cartooney villain in digitally, manipulate the characters on screen so they look totally fake, and then change the ending and put different music in! That'd be awesome!

And THEN, a few months later they could issue the Newest New Best Ever Ultimate Remaster Original Theatrical Release Indy Saga! They could do multiple box sets with and without Crystal Skull, with different extras in each!!

I can't wait!! Maybe I should just send Lucas and Spielberg a check for $300.
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #70
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
3. Raiders - Indy clings to the periscope on the U-Boat:
Indy was clinging to the periscope of the Nazi U-Boat while it was on it's way to the island. It never submerged, which explained how Indy survived the trip.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #71
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

You read my mind Rocket Surgeon!

I would love to see the Chattar Lal death scene. Apparently there was a fight on the cage as it was uncontrollably lowered and raised!

Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #72
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Here's a working image:

Looks awsome!
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #73
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
I would love to see the Chattar Lal death scene. Apparently there was a fight on the cage as it was uncontrollably lowered and raised!
Something must not have gone well, worked out. I have to rip the video of the Chatter La'l puppet being dunked...it's barely a second long though!

The story board is from :The Complete Making of" book. I REALLY like that shot, maybe because Halloween is around the corner.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #74
Rocket Surgeon

As good a time as any to post here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
There's a few major ones. The near-execution of Sallah is probably the biggest from Raiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptianPharaoh
Yea...I noticed that..
What did you notice?

Last edited by Rocket Surgeon : 09-24-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #75
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:

Aim lower! You went to Sturmtruppe training, not Stormtrooper training!

Quote:
What did you notice?

He see's dead people.

These,

rather than these,

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote