3-D Model of Gobler's Mercedes

Kooshmeister

Unsure if this counts but I'm having Gobler's Mercedes-Benz G5 "troop car" made as a 3-D model, by some people in Second Life who also already made a black 1930's Mercedes convertible virtually identical to Dietrich's staff car (except theirs is a two-door model). After seeing that lovely car I opted to commission them to make its cousin from the truck chase. Ignore the giant squirrel and the lack of an MG34 (which they couldn't add):

It isn't exact but it's as close as they could get and I'm so far very pleased with it. And no, they won't do the truck, which is too big. Their largest vehicle is a big Rolls-Royce Phantom IV.

Kooshmeister

What kind of question is that? Because I felt like it, obviously.

And to answer your question, since Second Life is a 3-D environment, the car has a driving script and can be drive inworld.

Montana Smith

Kooshmeister said:
What kind of question is that? Because I felt like it, obviously.

And to answer your question, since Second Life is a 3-D environment, the car has a driving script and can be drive inworld.

I'd never heard of Second Life, but the idea did remind me of the Japanese craze for building virtual lives. Are there also people in Second Life? So you could start populating the world with characters from Indy? It's still a mystery to me as to what happens in these virtual worlds. :hat:

Kooshmeister

Second Life is essentially a glorified virtual chatroom but you can have fake houses and crap and there's whole little worlds (called sims) and whatnot. Gobler's car was custom made for me by what amounts to an inworld car dealership, called Atalante Motors. Second Life (SL for short) is just a fun diversion for me although it can be, and is, a freakish and unhealthy obsession for some.

That aside, what do you think of Atalante Motors' handiwork in replicating the vehicles? :whip: