Indy-Cast Trivia II

Rocket Surgeon said:
There are many other nods and virtual love letters throughout Hollywood Follies, but my favorite, intentional or not, goes back to a bus ride from the digs in Sedada to Nefta during the making of Raiders and Steven Spielberg invoking David Lean and Freddie Young.

This episode?s question simply put: which Hollywood Follies scene is a nod to that conversation with David Tomblin and Indy?s line: "I?m making this up as I go" ?

Stoo's question: In the "Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" VHS/DVDs, Edith Wharton is a central character for the Moroccan portion of "Tales of Innocence" which supposedly takes place in 1917. Somewhere in the series, there is an earlier reference to her. Where is it?

Rocket Surgeon said:
There are many other nods and virtual love letters throughout Hollywood Follies, but my favorite, intentional or not, goes back to a bus ride from the digs in Sedada to Nefta during the making of Raiders and Steven Spielberg invoking David Lean and Freddie Young.

This episode?s question simply put: which Hollywood Follies scene is a nod to that conversation with David Tomblin and Indy?s line: "I?m making this up as I go" ?

Stoo's question: In the "Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" VHS/DVDs, Edith Wharton is a central character for the Moroccan portion of "Tales of Innocence" which supposedly takes place in 1917. Somewhere in the series, there is an earlier reference to her. Where is it?
The Complete Making of mentions the Spielberg/Lean conversation on page 97. The rest, (if you have the Yong Indy DVDs) is illuminating!

Rocket Surgeon said:
There are many virtual love letters throughout Hollywood Follies, but my favorite, intentional or not, goes back to a bus ride from the digs in Sedada to Nefta during the making of Raiders and Steven Spielberg invoking David Lean and Freddie Young.

Which Hollywood Follies scene is a nod to that conversation with David Tomblin and Indy’s line: "I’m making this up as I go" ?

The scene that was inspired by Spielbergs conversation in the bus was when director Ford and Indy , while on the way to their shooting location, admire a beautiful sunset, ("A shame we can't shoot it now")and stop to shoot it. They set up, get the actors ready, and get their spectacular sunset. While playing Irish eyes ;-):hat:

None of the Young Indy fans know this one?

Rocket Surgeon said:

Stoo, care to give a hint?

Indy Trivia LXIII

What film is this still from?

5352891166_d924328a56_z.jpg

There are two legitimate answers...

Last edited:

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
None of the Young Indy fans know this one?

Stoo, care to give a hint?
And ruin my shot at obtaining Brotherhood?:eek: Well, if you insist...

Clue: The reference to Edith Wharton is to her name and it's visual.

Indy's brother said:
Cliff Curtis in "Sand Pirates of the Sahara" a movie within the movie "The Majestic"! What did I win?
Uh, satisfaction? The knowlege that you've given what Indiana Jones fans are on this board a decent movie to watch?

So in the same vein, what flick is this still from?
5354263539_6d1959e127.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:
Uh, satisfaction? The knowlege that you've given what Indiana Jones fans are on this board a decent movie to watch?

So in the same vein, what flick is this still from?
5354263539_6d1959e127.jpg

No one? Thought this might be a shoo-in for the Young-uns at the Raven...

You wanted to know what you win, so here's the deal:

You have to listen to the Indy Cast, penance though it may be...if you're first to email me the answer to my question you get one of these:

4381808902_f67c7a95b2_z.jpg

...no, just the pin.

Typically once the question has been answered I post it here.

There are a few guys who always battle it out, every week...not too many "club" players for three years, and almost 100 questions. But they're fast.

Next show should be a good one. I think I've decided on the format of a nice competition that should fairly decide the "best," while allowing an interested listener a chance to win and leap right to bragging rights.

It should be interesting.

Montana Smith said:
Is there no avoiding that penance?
Where there's a will there's a way. But if you want to compete...

It's going to be full on Jeopardy! style.

So watch Jeopardy for whatever edge you can...

The first-ever man vs. machine Jeopardy! competition will air on February 14.

...what flick is this still from?

Spy Kids 2
Rocket Surgeon said:

So listen to Indy Cast Trivia on the 24th for a dry run of the Indiana Jones Jeopardy! game which begins two weeks from Monday.

The Indy Cast will host the Indiana Jones Jeopardy round. The Raven will host the Double Jeopardy round the following Monday where the leaders, "money amounts" and Final Jeopardy Catagory will be revealed.

The Final Jeopardy Answer will be announced on the following Indy Cast so keep an eye out.

There is a special prize for the winner...beyond bragging rights, (and if it's a not a club player, a custom Grail Knight Crucifix lapel pin).

Rocket Surgeon said:
Listen to Indy Cast Trivia tonight/tomorrow for a dry run of the Indiana Jones Jeopardy!

IndyCast 120

POTENT POTABLES $200

SPELLING $400

BEFORE & AFTER $600

SPECIAL EFFECTS $800

COLLEGES $1000

Indy Trivia LXV

SPELLING $400: The Peruvian cheat whose actor did not appear in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Clear? It was blended in the wine glass without being seen.
That is one acceptable answer! Harvey referenced the novel for a possible alternate.

A couple people submitted blue and green...

Last edited: