Fifteen Minutes in The Cage of Death: Could You Do It?

WillKill4Food

Well, since this seems to be an attraction of some sort, I'd say that it has (hopefully?) been subjected to enough tests so that, quite literally, the only thing to fear would be fear itself.

I'd expect that there would be no way that anyone in the cage could be hurt in the least.

So, yeah, sure.

Le Saboteur

There's 4cm of Plexiglass between you...

...and Choppa. A couple of blogs I scanned are mentioning "visible" teeth marks in the glass; that can be quite...ah, pulse racing. While I also doubt any real harm would come to one of the punters, it would definitely give me pause.

You aught to check out some of the pictures posted here. It's kinda intense. Choppa is being reported as 18-feet in length, and a couple thousand pounds. Imagine visiting during feeding time.

Last edited:

Indy99

I would do it, though the pictures are quite shocking. I had no idea they were that big! I've seen a couple alligators in florida, and they look like babies next to that thing! Still, the cage would keep you safe, so it would be an awesome experience to be that close.

westford

I've done a great white shark cage dive, so why not? Judging from what people are wearing in those photos the water looks a hell of a lot warmer too!

I'm not so desperate to do it that I'd rush out and book a flight to Australia though! ;) It'd be one of those 'well, I'm here so why not do it?' type things.